Taylor Swift Fan Thread

bswanson

I think she at least deserves Best Direction for The Man since she directed it herself. Lover also deserves to win since it was such a great concept. 

I love how she is literally always breaking her own records. ICONIC.

I’m pretty sure this will be like her 7th consecutive album to debut at #1, right? I’m pretty sure Fearless debuted at #1 and I know all her albums after that definitely did.

Still trying to decide how I’d rank these because I love literally all of them for different reasons. Exile is probably my favorite, but I think Mirrorball is the one I feel the most emotionally connected to for whatever reason. Betty, Cardigan, and My Tears Ricochet are also standouts for me. :heartbounce:

She also managed to achieve this with a surprise, indie/alternative album with no singles and no physical versions available in stores. 

I don't know if I ever envision Scooter selling the masters back to Taylor. Though I imagine they've significantly lost their value as a lot of fans have probably stopped buying/streaming her old stuff in solidarity. Once she re-records, the value of her old masters will significantly decline. He won't sell them back to her if they're still making a huge profit. But I imagine he also won't want to sell them back to her unless he can get a high price for them, even if by that time they are so worthless they're hardly generating a profit. He could easily charge a price he knows she can't afford, thereby never selling them back to her. 

I still find it hilarious that that Clear Channel album they tried to release only sold 33 units lmao That is the power of her fans when they do or don't want to buy something!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, BogoGog24 said:

She also managed to achieve this with a surprise, indie/alternative album with no singles and no physical versions available in stores. 

I don't know if I ever envision Scooter selling the masters back to Taylor. Though I imagine they've significantly lost their value as a lot of fans have probably stopped buying/streaming her old stuff in solidarity. Once she re-records, the value of her old masters will significantly decline. He won't sell them back to her if they're still making a huge profit. But I imagine he also won't want to sell them back to her unless he can get a high price for them, even if by that time they are so worthless they're hardly generating a profit. He could easily charge a price he knows she can't afford, thereby never selling them back to her. 

I still find it hilarious that that Clear Channel album they tried to release only sold 33 units lmao That is the power of her fans when they do or don't want to buy something!

Scooter and Scott are such petty idiots. I mean I know at the time Scott was selling Big Machine, Taylor's catalog was likely the sole enticing aspect and probably one of the few if not only things keeping that label afloat so he knew he had to try and keep them at all costs. However the minute Taylor tried to buy them back it was going to be nothing but a losing battle for Scott and Scooter. At that point Taylor held all the power as she has an army of support backing her (her fans) who are ironically the very people that make her catalog valuable. Scooter pretty much has two options now, sell the masters back to Taylor and at least get something out of them while he can or watch them drop like a rock in value if and when she re-records all of them.

I would love to have heard Scott and Scooter's logic behind how they handled this whole situation. Like did they really think this wouldn't end poorly for them? Taylor might be the most powerful artist in the industry right now (as she showcased this week)  and they really thought they were going to strong-arm her and keep her down? Please. 🙄

• Like 2

9 hours ago, FunkyFrankie said:

I hear no difference between the candlelight and the original cardigan, they both sound the same to me.  

There’s a slight difference between the 2 versions. In the remix, the percussion and background vocals were removed. 

• Like 1

Taylor continuing to break records with each new release. :wub: 

I completely agree re: Scooter & Scott. I do think Taylor re-recording her masters could be fun if she records new arrangements for some songs. I’d love if she recorded the acoustic versions she performed of Out of the Woods and Holy Ground, for example. 

Plus, it will be great for her to actually own all of her masters!

I haven't been able to find it either. All the versions I find on YouTube are either covers or stupid reaction videos where they pause the song every 2 seconds. 

Edit: Finally got to hear it! It's pretty good, it's very sad and romantic sounding. I think I need to give it a few more listens for it to grow on me. It sounds kind of different from the rest of the album, but I also think it's a better ending to the album than hoax.

Edited by BogoGog24