Best Final 5 Couples

ILuvCarrie4eva

A lot has been talked about now that this top 5 is iconic and it made me think back to the entire series.

What has been your favorite Top 5 couples of any season (List 5)

Season 1: excluded as it was only 6 couples

Season 2: Drew/Cheryl, Jerry/Anna, Stacy/Tony, Lisa/Louis, George/Edyta

Season 3: Emmitt/Cheryl, Mario/Karina, Joey/Edyta, Monique/Louis, Jerry/Kym

Season 4: Apolo/Julianne, Joey/Kym, Laila/Maks, Ian/Cheryl, Billy Ray/Karina

Season 5: Helio/Julianne, Mel/Maks, Marie/Jonathan, Jennie/Derek, Cameron/Edyta

Season 6: Kristi/Mark, Jason/Edyta, Cristian/Cheryl, Marissa/Tony, Mario/Karina

Season 7: Brooke/Derek, Warren/Kym, Lance/Lacey, Cody/Julianne, Susan/Tony

Season 8: Shawn/Mark, Gilles/Cheryl, Melissa/Tony, Ty/Chelsie, Lil' Kim/Derek

Season 9: Donny/Kym, Mya/Dmitry, Kelly/Louis, Joanna/Derek, Aaron/Karina

Season 10: Nicole/Derek, Evan/Anna, Erin/Maks, Chad/Cheryl, Niecy/Louis

Season 11: Jennifer/Derek, Kyle/Lacey, Bristol/Mark, Brandy/Maks, Kurt/Anna

Season 12: Hines/Kym, Kirstie/Maks, Chelsea/Mark, Ralph/Karina, Romeo/Chelsie

Season 13: J.R./Karina, Rob/Cheryl, Ricki/Derek, Hope/Maks, Nancy/Tristan

Season 14: Donald/Peta, Katherine/Mark, William/Cheryl, Maria/Derek, Melissa/Maks

Season 15: Melissa/Tony, Shawn/Derek, Kelly/Val, Emmitt/Cheryl, Apolo/Karina

Season 16: Kellie/Derek, Zendaya/Val, Jacoby/Karina, Aly/Mark, Ingo/Kym

Season 17: Amber/Derek, Corbin/Karina, Jack/Cheryl, Bill/Emma, Leah/Tony

Season 18: Meryl/Maks, Amy/Derek, Candace/Mark, James/Peta, Charlie/Sharna

Season 19: Alfonso/Witney, Sadie/Mark, Janel/Val, Bethany/Derek, Tommy/Peta

Season 20: Rumer/Val, Riker/Allison, Noah/Sharna, Nastia/Derek, Chris/Witney

Season 21: Bindi/Derek, Nick/Sharna, Alek/Lindsay, Carlos/Witney, Tamar/Val

Season 22: Nyle/Peta, Paige/Mark, Ginger/Val, Wanya/Lindsay, Antonio/Sharna

Season 23: Laurie/Val, James/Sharna, Calvin/Lindsay, Jana/Gleb, Terra/Sasha

Season 24: Rashad/Emma, David/Lindsay, Normani/Val, Simone/Sasha, Bonner/Sharna

Season 25: Jordan/Lindsay, Lindsey/Mark, Frankie/Witney, Drew/Emma, Victoria/Val

Season 26: Adam/Jenna, Josh/Sharna, Tonya/Sasha, Mirai/Alan, Chris/Witney

Season 27: Bobby/Sharna, Milo/Witney, Evanna/Keo, Alexis/Alan, Juan Pablo/Cheryl

Season 28: Hannah/Alan, James/Emma, Lauren/Gleb, Ally/Sasha, Kel/Witney

S28 is definitely the most equal where no one's out far ahead and no one's lagging behind. S15 is obviously the most talented, but that's cause it's All-Stars. Kelly and Emmitt are the weaker links there, but still put at least one or two people in all the other final fives to shame.

Tbh I have a soft spot for S8 so I'd personally go with that. For the longest time, Shawn, Gilles, and Melissa was my favorite final three and still is. Lil' Kim was one of my favorite D*rek partners and made me stomach him the best. And I know Ty is the kind of mediocre white guy who makes it far and we all hate, but I always had a soft spot for him and I enjoyed his improvement :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

S28 is definitely the most equal where no one's out far ahead and no one's lagging behind. S15 is obviously the most talented, but that's cause it's All-Stars. Kelly and Emmitt are the weaker links there, but still put at least one or two people in all the other final fives to shame.

Tbh I have a soft spot for S8 so I'd personally go with that. For the longest time, Shawn, Gilles, and Melissa was my favorite final three and still is. Lil' Kim was one of my favorite D*rek partners and made me stomach him the best. And I know Ty is the kind of mediocre white guy who makes it far and we all hate, but I always had a soft spot for him and I enjoyed his improvement :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

S8 and S15 definitely round out my top three, along with S23.

On an overall basis my top 5 would probably be:

1. Season 23 - has the edge for me because I was really rooting for three of the finalists, in Laurie, Jana and Calvin. James was a really strong dancer and I also enjoyed Terra's performances.

2. Season 28 - maybe some recency bias and also a sense of relief because I was expecting it to go another way, but saying that, everyone here is really good and would make a deserving winner.

3. Season 19 - I really enjoyed Alfonso and Janel, less so with Sadie and Bethany but I did think they had fun partnerships and some fun routines, and then Tommy, even though he was the clear weaker link, was a fun/fresh addition to the season, and not a 'comedy contestant' who I got bored of seeing.

4. Season 6 - I feel like this is quite an underrated group. Kristi's obviously amazing, I was rooting for Mario and even Marissa, & Jason is IMO one of the more underrated contestants from the show. Cristian also feels a little forgettable but he was a strong contestant.

5. Season 16 - this was the clear top 5 from the start, Zendaya's an all-time fave of mine, I also really enjoyed Aly and Jacoby, Kellie was super fun and the only reason I'm not as big a fan is because I'm still a little salty at the end result. Ingo was fine albeit kinda forgettable, but considering the other contestants he deserved the spot.

I'm considering first outings here mainly because the bar was understandably much higher on Season 15, so I've decided not to include it, but it would definitely be in the top of my list.

Edited by ImSomebody