***Chevel Shepherd Fan Thread***

TeamAudra

I almost forgot, in that podcast, she talked more about having laryngitis the week of the finale. She had to go to the doctor for some antibiotics. She was even sick when she recorded her studios, and was extremely limited in the amount she could rehearse that week, because they wouldn’t let her. WTF? Honestly, I think that was her best live show. How?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

I almost forgot, in that podcast, she talked more about having laryngitis the week of the finale. She had to go to the doctor for some antibiotics. She was even sick when she recorded her studios, and was extremely limited in the amount she could rehearse that week, because they wouldn’t let her. WTF? Honestly, I think that was her best live show. How?

A true testament to how good she is.

• Like 1

Just now, TeamAudra said:

That, and determination. Most people wouldn’t have thrived under those circumstances. 

So true. Ironically, Kelly also had to fight through a performance night with laryngitis during Season 1 of Idol.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

It's resilience. She's amazing!

• Like 2

Just now, QueenCami said:

I'm curious - what is y'all's favorite performance of Chevel's on the show? I used to like Blue the most, but I also really like Space Cowboy, so I'm not certain anymore. If I had to pick one, I'd probably say Space Cowboy.

I'll pass; too difficult to pick ONE.

• Like 1

Just now, QueenCami said:

I'm curious - what is y'all's favorite performance of Chevel's on the show? I used to like Blue the most, but I also really like Space Cowboy, so I'm not certain anymore. If I had to pick one, I'd probably say Space Cowboy.

“Travelin’ Soldier,” “Space Cowboy,” and “Broken Hearts” are probably my Top 3. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I can’t really pick one. I like them all for different reasons. There is so much variety in song styles, which is something we don’t see very often. I remember hearing her early in the season saying she wanted to yodel on the show, and I was like....really? I didn’t think it would go over very well. I guess I was wrong. I mentioned the other day that she probably could have gotten away with singing pop songs. It just didn’t matter.

• Like 4

This is just the end of her national anthem, but listen to her slay that high note. She’s always been able to easily hit that note, but it sounds more powerful now. Hope there will be a full version somewhere. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I almost wish she had landed in the Instant Save so we could have gotten to hear this. :lmao:

Yeah, except that probably would have meant she wasn’t winning. I don’t think I can recall anyone else ever posting a rehearsal of their instant save song. In this case, it proves she was ready. I’ve heard about contestants blowing off their IS song, and it often shows on stage. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

Just now, TeamAudra said:

Yeah, except that probably meant she wasn’t winning. I don’t think I can recall anyone else ever posting a rehearsal of their instant save song. In this case, it proves she was ready. I’ve heard about contestants blowing off their IS song, and it often shows on stage. 

I think Taryn posted a snippet on her IG story, but those disappear. 

• Like 1