***Chevel Shepherd Fan Thread***

TeamAudra

21 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Kelly actually promoting Chevel? 😮

7-C135-F20-5-D27-46-AA-BEBE-13-C92906-AE
This gem gets the award for best comment.  :haha:

Wow. That’s great to see, because her silence up until this point was truly bizarre. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

As far as I can tell, there was a storm at the Country Jam Colorado, and they evacuated the grounds right before Chevel was supposed to take the stage. They issued a revised schedule, and her allotted time got cut to 1/2 hour. Maybe she ultimately got more than that. Who knows. I think it was actually still raining during part of her set. Anyway, she posted a clip of her singing “Redneck Woman” on her story, and it sounded like she had a decent crowd, despite it all, and they were getting into it. Some others got their time cut too, even Tanya Tucker.  

• Sad 3

Here's a video of most of Good Boy from Chevel's dad's YouTube page:

He also posted this video about a week ago of Chevel singing "I Went Down to the River to Pray" in memory of his mother who had recently passed away. Condolences to Robert and Chevel and the rest of their family for their loss:

ETA: He posted all of Good Boy on Facebook. Maybe he lost reception or something when he uploaded it to YouTube:

https://fb.watch/6mYpd3riyE/

Edited by rhapsody99
  • Thanks 3

She posted on her story a link to more of her “Redneck Woman” performance that a fan posted. Between the videos from a couple weeks ago, and the ones I’ve seen from last night, I can see that’s she’s become a really good stage performer, and will continue to get better with experience and age. 

Also, the video of her “Looking For Loretta” performance has gone viral everywhere. In less than 48 hours, 674k views on Facebook and 846K on TikTok with no sign of slowing down anytime soon.  That’s not even counting the views on Kelly’s IG (405K), Loretta’s, and other places. It seems whenever she gets exposed to larger audiences, she gets a positive response, and of course, it’s been that way forever. Someone needs to step up and sign her, promote her and make her into a star.

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I was gonna comment about that on here! I know that Kelly hasn't done much (anything?) wrt Chevel so it was really great to see Kelly posting about it. Glad she's getting the recognition she deserves.

To be fair, Kelly funded her EP. Also, Kellys Collins (the writer of that song) was connected to Chevel through Kelly. She actually Co-wrote a few songs on her EP, as well. So, she actually did a lot.  It’s the more recent silence that had people wondering. I think we can probably put that to bed now. I don’t want to speculate about it anymore. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

To be fair, Kelly funded her EP. Also, Kellys Collins (the writer of that song) was connected to Chevel through Kelly. She actually Co-wrote a few songs on her EP, as well. So, she actually did a lot.  It’s the more recent silence that had people wondering. I think we can probably put that to bed now. I don’t want to speculate about it anymore. 

That's good to hear! Yeah, I agree, I think the past is the past, and it's just great that in the now Kelly is supporting Chevel.

• Like 2

Still waiting on the Judds and Patty Loveless (the other two living country legends mentioned in “Looking For Loretta”). :P

W1VLbon.png

It’s a refreshing change that these female legends of country music are mentioned in a song, because it’s done with male country singers all the time....”Hank”.....”George Jones”. It’s almost a requirement for male country singers to mention one of them in at least one song per album. 

Here’s a list of songs with “George Jones” in the lyrics. I didn’t count them, but there’s easily more than 100. 

http://www.waynecountry.net/GJ2/mentioned.html

This is just a list of tribute songs to Hank Williams. If they included all songs with “Hank” in the lyrics, I’d be here all night counting them. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tributes_to_Hank_Williams

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

It’s a refreshing change that these female legends of country music are mentioned in a song, because it’s done with male country singers all the time....”Hank”.....”George Jones”. It’s almost a requirement for male country singers to mention one of them in at least one song per album. 

Amen to that! 
Jennifer Lopez Reaction GIF by NBC World Of DanceMorgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

• Like 1

New forum member here and New Mexico fan of Chevel. I will be attending her concert tonight at UFO festival in Roswell. Show was originally to be outdoors but is now inside at the convention center due to severe flooding from early monsoon storms. Venue only holds 1,800 and no seating for general admission so will see how popular she is locally. She will be following at least one local band so some will be there for them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, MicHobbs said:

New forum member here and New Mexico fan of Chevel. I will be attending her concert tonight at UFO festival in Roswell. Show was originally to be outdoors but is now inside at the convention center due to severe flooding from early monsoon storms. Venue only holds 1,800 and no seating for general admission so will see how popular she is locally. She will be following at least one local band so some will be there for them. 

Welcome! 🙂 Thanks for the information. ;)

I attended Chevel's concert in Roswell last night and she put on a wonderful performance singing for ninety minutes. Most songs were from her album with some covers of favorites like "Red Neck Woman" and her new "Looking for Loretta" single and one other new one I didn't recognize. There were no songs from her time on the Voice. The band that preceded her, "Straight Tequila Night" was from DFW and so loud I went out to my truck to get earplugs but they were not needed for Chevel's excellent performance.

Attendance was very disappointing in my opinion - I would say only several hundred to four hundred max (I'll see if I get a better number when I talk to a friend later today). There was lots of room (the convention hall could hold 1,800) and we could bring in our own chairs (like you would have at a picnic).  I attribute this to two things - first weather. The show was moved indoors due to flooding earlier in the week and a forecast for more heavy storms this weekend. However last night was clear but hot and steamy and we were glad to be indoors. The second possible reason was lack of advertising on the local country stations. I listened off and on all week alternating between two of them and didn't hear a mention though one was heavily pushing an upcoming concert in the DFW area and talking drawings for a free trip with benefits.

However, before and after the performance Chevel signed posters and her first CD, and the line after her show had fifty or more waiting visit and purchase. Her mom held down the table which was in the convention hall along with refreshment stands and a couple of other vendors. Outside the room in the foyer there were dozens of booths set up to sell UFO related items and knickknacks. My young friend (about her age) brought his girlfriend and they danced just about every song in front of the stage and they were very good and complemented her singing entertainment. There was also a young 60's couple who were lively too - it was very much fun to see. Very few other than those two couples danced, although there was plenty of room for them.

I'm uploading a picture but the max size (60kB) is so small it's little more than a thumbnail in the preview.

IMG_1009-2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1