♪ ♫ Joana Martinez Fan Thread♪ ♫

ShadowGuy1

Decided to remake this given the situation and since she's made playoffs! OP under construction, ask to be added back if you were here before!

Fan List:

1. ShadowGuy1

2. dirActing

3. QueenMae16

4. thevoicefan

5. jamescasaki

6. Naira

7. Drew1903

Edited by ShadowGuy1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was very impressed w/ Joana's performance. I fully expect her to continue and fully support the idea. :thumbsup:

CONGRATS❗🍾👍👍 for making the baker's dozen. I fully believed she should/would. Looking forward to what she does next & how far she goes.

Pretty sure I was, already, listed.

SJJz-20XUOk

Edited by Drew1903

Tonight we are gonna need to get on our feet and vote for Joana. She should do well tonight, but we never know how the votes will play out!

Her song choice is questionable and makes me highly frightened. Hopefully she can get past this round and go to her PO/KO song choices, but in anycase, she should do well with what she has to work with.

Her song choice is questionable and makes me highly frightened. Hopefully she can get past this round and go to her PO/KO song choices, but in anycase, she should do well with what she has to work with.

I agree it's risky. But she got the PV last week, and it's possible she has strong local support as well. She should be fine this week no matter what, but Gwen worries me, as usual. :ph34r:

I agree it's risky. But she got the PV last week, and it's possible she has strong local support as well. She should be fine this week no matter what, but Gwen worries me, as usual.:ph34r:

Uptempo songs are generally perceived as risky because of pocket and also the notion that slower songs allow one more space and opportunity to show off vocally. So, I agree with all of you it's a potentially risky selection. That's said, I don't think Joana's vocal chops have ever been in question, and I see little reason she couldn't hit this one out of the park. I just hope she doesn't play it safe and turn in a karaoke version of the song. She HAS to make it her own, and she has to WORK the stage on a song like this (it's a great staging opportunity, if you ask me). I wanted a song choice that would allow Joana to let loose and show her personality more (my personal choice was "Masterpiece" Jessie J.), so I guess I can't complain much now that's she singing one of great PARTY songs of all time! :teeheebounce: I get the feeling they'll want to both start and close the show with a bang (i.e. rousing uptempo numbers) since there are a lot of dirges (not necessarily bad ones) this week, so Joana could be a candidate to either open or close the show (hopefully the latter).

About Gwen, this is "dedications" week, no? Not sure how seriously the theme will be taken, but it sort of implies contestants will pick their own dedication songs? Maybe they'll choose some options, and coaches will help them whittle it down to a final pick. If anything, Gwen helped with clearance, because Gloria Estefan and her posse was at Gwen's show a couple of weeks ago and got to hang out backstage. Joana is from Miami, so probably a hometown dedication?

Edited by dirActing

What is the song choice?

Also, this could be a sign that this is getting the obligatory "uptempo" song out of the way that is usually people's worse. If she can survive this week, I just hope they give her a better song next week! And to see that happen we need to vote for her :flowers:

True. That's the silver lining bc hopefully she's not in danger of being sent home tomorrow.