♪ ♫ Joana Martinez Fan Thread♪ ♫

ShadowGuy1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea what's going to happen tonight, it could go any number of ways, but I'm preparing to put all my votes behind Joana if it comes to the instant save (unless Kat is in it too, which will be my personal nightmare scenario). In any case, whatever happens, we can all take solace in the fact that we were just a few out of many who appreciated her stellar performance last night, this from the TV Line reviewer:

"Joana Martinez (Team Gwen), “Impossible” — Grade: A | Before practicing with Gwen, Joana’s coach suggested that the challenge of Christina Aguilera’s Alicia Keys-written hit was gonna be managing its “vocal Olympics.” When the teenager arrived on the starting line, she looked like, screw the silver and bronze, she was going for the gold. Her body language and that little bit of stankface that she threw us said that she wasn’t here to mess around. And damn, she did not mess around. Where has this Joana been the last coupla weeks? This was the Joana whose “Holy crap!” Blind Audition had gotten her shortlisted as a frontrunner to win. Though it wasn’t a flawless performance — how many are, really? — Joana bent notes like Wonder Woman does steel bars and sang with a ferocity that made me think the title should’ve been “Unstoppable” instead of “Impossible.” She killed it, brought it back to life, then re-killed it. She was that good — again! Finally!"

That is high praise for our girl! She completely killed it!

Obviously, throughout, I thought Joana would do better, have more votes than she did and that she was good enough to deserve more & to go further. But, that's The Voice...

Have a feeling I will need to be ready to save our girl tonight. Unless there is a real big shocker, she's gonna probably end up in the bottom 3 :'(

Well, you were right, but, of the 3, I, still preferred what Joana did the most... didn't care for the other 2, actually.

• 2 weeks later...

So, The Voice was kind enough to post an official exit interview with Joana and Shane (see below). I believe this is the first official "After the Elimination" video of the season (there's also since been a 2nd one posted yesterday, which is for the bloodbath casualties). More interesting, regarding Joana, was her and Shane's exit interview with Access. If you forward to 5:28, she talks about how she changed her song, with the help of Voice musical director Clyde, to Xtina's "Impossible" just ONE HOUR before going into her rehearsal/coaching session with Gwen. Find out what song she was originally supposed to sing (it's a great song, pretty recent from a super-current, super hot artist, and imo, would have been the far better, more interesting and fresher choice for her... but, hey, these are the choices the contestants themselves decide to make...):

THE ACCESS EXIT INTERVIEW

eX8v-Yy4nCs

THE OFFICIAL EXIT INTERVIEW

GKsgvyQZ33c

So, The Voice was kind enough to post an official exit interview with Joana and Shane (see below). I believe this is the first official "After the Elimination" video of the season (there's also since been a 2nd one posted yesterday, which is for the bloodbath casualties). More interesting, regarding Joana, was her and Shane's exit interview with Access. If you forward to 5:28, she talks about how she changed her song, with the help of Voice musical director Clyde, to Xtina's "Impossible" just ONE HOUR before going into her rehearsal/coaching session with Gwen. Find out what song she was originally supposed to sing (it's a great song, pretty recent from a super-current, super hot artist, and imo, would have been the far better, more interesting and fresher choice for her... but, hey, these are the choices the contestants themselves decide to make...):

THE ACCESS EXIT INTERVIEW

eX8v-Yy4nCs

THE OFFICIAL EXIT INTERVIEW

GKsgvyQZ33c

I would of really liked if Joana sang Lovely! One of the Billie songs I actually like. But I see why she wanted to change because that song doesn't really focus on her strengths. She still probably would of done great either way.

Also, Joana is performing in the finale!