Question for members about the Forums

Rate this topic

What do you think?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. If the Board started fresh would you still post here

• Yes
    • No

If the board comes back I think it would be with new upgrades that are mobile friendly, I use a PC but I know a lot may post with phones and other devices :unsure:

I would hate to see it just be lost forever :(

I don’t want to lose old threads, and my stats too :(

• 3 weeks later...

Any updates from the admins? Or is IDF just going to continue the way it is with all the old threads remaining inaccessible?

unfortunately all the older data is gone, and we are starting new. soon the reboot will happen and it will look different here

I'll still lurk here and post in the sports forums regularly. :w00twave:

oh the sports got moved to entertainment? you can make more sports threads in there if you need them :sorcerer:

unfortunately all the older data is gone, and we are starting new. soon the reboot will happen and it will look different here

:bounce: I'm excited.

Every post from 2003 to 2019 is really lost forever? They aren’t backed up somehow? :ermm:

That is crazy to me. How does a site this big and popular not have a backup?

But it's cool with me if we get a upgrade and a new theme, because this site is so outdated in so many ways. IPB hasn't run on this version in YEARS. The new IPB is incredible, though.

Edited by frederick

I hope the new version isn't like a Lithium board, because I post on one elsewhere and the functionality is awesomely terrible.

Would there still be emoticons? :archgosh::kalancheese::canadianwave::woodstock:

I wish they could have saved the old info. Every day I remember something else that is missing.

I also think that because stuff isn't divided into sections as much, some people assumed it wasn't here anymore and stopped posting.

On this board I made some friends, discovered new music, and learnt a surprising amount of computer stuff about pictures, and video, and files. Whatever happens I am glad I started posting and not just lurking. :P

there is a backup, but it's not working to restore it.

something like this probably happened

I'm not sure, I'll ask Tom when he gets back to me, maybe Buzz can save that because he said the Membership would be migrated over, that's one good thing

Crap. :( On Halloween, everything was working as it usually does... :sorcerer:

I come back a month later, and the whole place is shot to hell! :o All my Eurovision commentaries and Idol top 10/12/13/14 rankings (both of which I prize the most here), gone! :x :'(

Are you sure the backup got smashed to pieces? Or do you have a backup and you're having problems reconfiguring it all for this rebooted site? :unsure:

Edited by CookyMonzta

I come back a month later, and the whole place is shot to hell! :o All my Eurovision commentaries and Idol top 10/12/13/14 rankings (both of which I prize the most here), gone! :x :'(

Are you sure the backup got smashed to pieces? Or do you have a backup and you're having problems reconfiguring it all for this rebooted site? :unsure:

The last we heard from mods is that word is still out on exactly when Buzz will be doing the update. I'm still holding out hope that may be what's taking so long. :broken:

the post you quoted was from a month ago, before we really knew what was going on, now we know the old data was all lost, all there is backup for is from Nov 7 and onward. The Reboot will have whatever was posted after that :thumbs:

we all lost tons of posts and memories here :(