★ Asher HaVon Fan Thread ★

istersay

Congrats Asher! I have a feeling he's running away with the win. He's gotten the most views and likes on Youtube and Facebook so far which has been reliable. 

• Like 1

Another great performance. Personally thought it was his weakest but only due to song choice. Yet it was still better than nearly everyone last night. One of the few who sounded exactly as they did prelives.

Also, the run on "relax" around the 1:15 mark tickles my ears.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, YourHighness_ said:

confirmed: Asher is singing “Irreplaceable” by Beyoncé 

Really?

Well, i guess it's a fresh song choice. But not gonna lie, a bit disappointing. For a Beyonce song, there's not a lot of vocal moments or room to make yourself have one.

It's also quite a wordy, breathy song. Which is probably the one thing we haven't seen Asher pull off yet (they've all been slow, big vocal ballads)

Seems like a bus song tbh :/

17 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Given how well he's been doing, why would they bus him?

I think and hope that he'll do it well.

It wouldn't be the first time a contestant has done great most of the show just to be hit with a meh song choice. (Dana Monique comes to mind)

Btw, I'm not questioning Asher's ability to do the song. But the song itself just doesn't have much room for vocal moments.

You did mention he could slow it down, I hope that's what happens.

• Like 1

Asher doing Irreplaceable tonight? OMG I am here for it! One of my top favorite Beyonce songs of all times. I know he's going to do it justice and has the vocal chops for it. I love that song choice even for Asher honestly. It's a perfect choice for him and he should be able to slay it. He's been destroying everyone on Facebook his whole run and Minivan is fully on board. Plus he's being pimped by Producers as Reba's TCO. She's very passionate about him the same way Blake was passionate about Wendy. I'm 100% certain that Asher will continue to destroy everyone by a large margin in terms of views, likes, stats, ratios on Facebook and Youtube as always. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

It wouldn't be the first time a contestant has done great most of the show just to be hit with a meh song choice. (Dana Monique comes to mind)

Btw, I'm not questioning Asher's ability to do the song. But the song itself just doesn't have much room for vocal moments.

You did mention he could slow it down, I hope that's what happens.

Someone on the TV Australia sang it and added crazy vocal moments so the song has room for it 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, YourHighness_ said:

Someone on the TV Australia sang it and added crazy vocal moments so the song has room for it 

I'll be honest. Didn't really like that cover all that much and kinda highlighted why I'm worried. The wordy parts are  hard to make sound good and takes a lot of breath control, sounded like she struggled a bit and it just doesn't sound smooth.

But actually, i think Asher can do a much better job than that cover tbh.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 1

I mean I also wouldn't have thought Crazy in Love was a good choice and Toia still slayed it so if I try not to think about votes then maybe it's fine lol

I just wish he would've closed like many people (including myself) predicted, he still could, but the song doesn't scream closer to me.