Disney Songs Rankdown (Winner Posted)

Steven_

8 hours ago, Steven_ said:

REMAINING

Johnnie Fedora and Alice Bluebonnet (Make Mine Music)

Fun and Fancy Free (Fun & Fancy Free)

My Own Home (Jungle Book)

The Journey (Rescuers)

Prince Ali (Reprise) (Aladdin)

Go The Distance (Reprise) (Hercules)

Wild Side (Adventures of Babysitting)

The Goddess of Spring (Silly Symponies)

It's been 24 hours, so anyone can claim these last cuts/saves.

This rankdown is going to be a repeat of the '90s TV rankdown iykyk. 🫠

Go The Distance (Reprise)

maxresdefault.jpg

Some may see me as a bit hypocritical as I'll happily cut most reprises using excuses such as "They're only a minute long" or "We still have the original in the game" meanwhile I'm fighting for/saving other reprises (even in this same exact post lmao). But I do feel some reprises beat the allegations of just being a snippet of the original. Mother Knows Best and Prince Ali flip the original on their heads and turn it into a villain song (though the original Mother Knows Best can be viewed as a villain song already, I think framing it as a concerned mother vs. evil mother elevates both of them). But Go The Distance is just purely a bit more of the original. Some lyrics are a bit different, but the general theme is the same. Hercules is ready to do what it takes to become a hero. There's no new melody to listen to here, no new motivations, nothing that makes the reprise unique from the original. And the original is great, but for those reasons this reprise can go.

Save Prince Ali (Reprise) lol

The Journey

sddefault.jpg

Honestly, I do like The Rescuers. It's not one of the classic movies everyone thinks of, but it's solid! The Journey is a lovely song. Mainly instrumental, but personally I don't have a problem with that. This song is played during the opening of the film over the credits as Penny sends her message in a bottle, looking for someone to rescue her. I do like the slow elevation of the song, and I think the voice is lovely when there is singing. Weirdly enough, parts of it remind me of a James Bond theme song almost. I do think they could've gone even grander with it. But it's still a lovely song and I can see how the simplicity does work here. Not a song I'm particularly attached to, and I think there's other film scores I prefer more (I added a few to this game, but I should've filled my last 25 picks with even more like some pieces from The Incredibles). But yeah, I like this! Not enough to save it though.

Save My Own Home

Someone else can do the last ones

Johnnie Fedora and Alice Bluebonnet (Make Mine Music)

Wild Side (Adventures of Babysitting)

The Goddess of Spring (Silly Symponies)

Wild Side (Adventures in Babysitting)

I saw Adventures in Babysitting and I thought this was from the OLD movie from 1987. So when I googled and youtubed and only found this I was convinced that youtube was like telling me wrong. So I GOOGLED it and NO. They remade Adventures in Babysitting for the Disney Channel! It stars Sabrina Carpenter and Sofia Carson. If I had KNOWN that I would have nominated and cut this sooner. But I was like "Oh it can stay as a remnant of a lovely "oldie" film that is beloved by many people." But WHO KNOWS THIS DCOM. I do not. Therefore this became an easy cut here. I don't think this is a musical and the wikipedia has no "soundtrack" section so I am going to assume this is either a credits track or a promo track. Even easier to cut.

Saving: The Goddess of Spring (Silly Symponies)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzQZT3H6Nzc&ab_channel=DisneyMoviesOnDemand

I am at this point believing I'm the only one who has watched any of the WWII Disney Anthologies LOL. I think they are quite underrated! Though I think Fun & Fancy Free just barely qualifies as it only has two stories compared to the many more shorts that the other three have. I have two links here, the video embedded is the full song, and the second is just the animation of the Jiminy Cricket part. I actually like "Johnnie Fedora and Alice Bluebonnet" a lot and I kind of hope we can keep some of these other anthology songs around (though I am guessing I am their best hope). Fun & Fancy Free still has several songs in it and this feels much more like a standard of the day rather than the other two songs I saved which are much more encompassing stories.

Saving: Johnnie Fedora and Alice Bluebonnet (Make Mine Music)

1. Fee-Fi-Fo-Fum (Fun and Fancy Free)
  2. My Favorite Dream (Fun and Fancy Free)
  3. The Merrily Song (The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad)
  4. So This Is Love (Cinderella)
  5. The Sword in the Stone (The Sword in the Stone)
  6. Candle on the Water (Pete's Dragon)
  7. On the Open Road (A Goofy Movie)
  8. True to Your Heart (Mulan)
  9. When Can I See You Again? (Wreck-It Ralph)
  10. In Summer (Frozen)
  11. When I Am Older (Frozen II)
  12. The Magic of Andalasia (Disenchanted)
  13. Love Power (Disenchanted)
  14. At All Costs (Wish)
  15. A Wish Worth Making (Wish)
  16. We Belong Together (Toy Story 3)
  17. Carried Me with You (Onward)
  18. Born to Play (Soul)
  19. Steal the Show (Elemental)
  20. Loyal Brave and True (Mulan)
  21. Your Crowning Glory (The Princess Diaries 2)
  22. Cinderella (The Cheetah Girls)
  23. Crazier (The Hannah Montana Movie)
  24. You'll Always Find Your Way Back Home (The Hannah Montana Movie)
  25. Start of Something New (High School Musical)
  26. When There Was Me And You (High School Musical)
  27. What Time Is It? (High School Musical 2)
  28. Tiki Room (Walt Disney World Rides & Attractions)

1 minute ago, Solaris said:

invalid 🙂 and noted

Don't 🙂 me when I would have changed my cut for you.

I made my decisions just to lock in my saves, as I don't want to lose my saves (like last round).