Australian Idol Season 9

searomordep

6 minutes ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

issac will probably go home, he has been struggling and hasn't been better than his audition

Marcia and Amy didn't even want to put him on notice, they wanted to send him straight through, Kyle had to insist. So I don't believe they will send him home. Not now. 

Solo Performances:

1. Drea Onamade - That's What I Like

2. Trent Richardson - Stay

3. Amy Reeves - Clarity

4. Kiani Smith - You're The One That I Want 

5. Imogen Spendlove - Against All Odds

6. TJ Zimba - Airplanes 

7. Chenai Boucher - Kryptonite

8. Denvah Baker-Moller - Yellow

9. Jake Carlson - Wish You the Best 

10. Natasha Rose - Bad Romance

11. Kobe White - You're Still The One 

12. Jonathan Wells - Attention 

13. Jess Chalmers - Break Free

14. Issac McCallum - 7 Years 

1 minute ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

In the promo, I heard bye issac for tomorrow night 

That make me think even more that they're not send him home, they always do this. If they were actually eliminating him I don't think they would let this be on the promo. They will probably say something like: "goodbye, we see you next week"

For the same reason, I don't believe there will be any problems with Ripley, they were probably talking to someone else and put it on the promo to make it look like they are putting the favorite on notice.

1 minute ago, searomordep said:

That make me think even more that they're not send him home, they always do this. If they were actually eliminating him I don't think they would let this be on the promo. They will probably say something like: "goodbye, we see you next week"

For the same reason, I don't believe there will be any problems with Ripley, they were probably talking to someone else and put it on the promo to make it look like they are putting the favorite on notice.

Honestly I wouldn’t send him through 

Solo Performances:

1. Tyler Hammill - Budapest

2. Ivana Ilic - Came Here for Love

3. Ripley Alexander - Heart of Glass

4. Olivia Brittion - Genie in a Bottle

5. Bethany Byrne - Kiss Me

6. Jackson Smith - you broke me first

7. Kym Miaco - Touch

8. Saoirse Harding - Jealous

9. Jesse Lazaroo - Say Something

10. Dylan Wright - Sorrento Moon (I Remember)

23 hours ago, searomordep said:

Yeah, exactly what I thought lol 

They were all compliments for Ripley's performance but on the promo they made it look like he hasn't done good. Every time they put something like that on the promo, you can be sure, the opposite is going to happen. Like they saying goodbye for Issac, but he actually went through.

On 2/13/2024 at 2:17 PM, thevoiceisthetop said:

To me, after tonight, Jonathan and Jess are easily the choices to go home. Let's see who completes the trio, but I guess probably someone from tomorrow performances, maybe Jesse.

And the results were exactly what I thought also lol Jonathan and Jess were pretty obvious choices to go home. And Jesse did a good job, but the others from tonight seems to be more ready for the competition.

Absurdly Strong top 21. I'm not ready to find out the public preferences lol

I liked tonight's performances better than last night. Ripley needs to keep on this path of choosing unexpected songs and transforming it on something different, that's his thing. Ivana did great to me, her tone is gorgeous and doing an upbeat song she didn't disappointed. One of my favorites performance on this round. I loved Jackson's song choice, but yeah, he screwed it. He still has one of my favorite tones, maybe my favorite, so I'm happy they let him through, and I hope he improves from now on. Kym with that performance she made things hard for Natasha, cause she showed she's a great performer like her, but with greater and more polished vocals. If they're competing for the same spot on this competition, Kym wins it by far. 

After top 30 week, that's my top 14:

Male

1. Ripley Alexander

2. Jackson Smith

3. Tyler Hammill 

4. Dylan Wright

5. Kobe White

6. Trent Richardson

7. TJ Zimba

Female

1. Imogen Spendlove

2. Drea Onamade

3. Ivana Ilic

4. Kym Miaco

5. Amy Reeves

6. Denvah Baker

7. Saoirse Harding

TOP 21 EPISODE 1

Dylan Wright - Walking in Memphis by Marc Cohn - ADVANCED

Drea Onamade - New Rules by Dua Lipa - ADVANCED

Ripley Alexander - Back For Good by Take That - ADVANCED

Imogen Spendlove - From This Moment On by Shania Twain - FAST PASS FROM MARCIA 

Bethany Byrne - Used to Be Young by Miley Cyrus - ELIMINATED

Kobe White - When I Was Your Man by Bruno Mars - ELIMINATED

Chenai Boucher - Zombie by The Cranberries - ELIMINATED

Well, very clearly the buzz word of the night was Transformation.  Did they get a donation each time it was said?  The cast picked 7 banger songs, so that was nice to see. I also love when they put contestants through the star wash to make them look like stars.

1. Imogen - she turned it into a Power Ballad, which is a risk for such a beautiful song.  I thought she killed like 95% of it. Also thank god the makeover team got ahold of her. The outfit was a much needed improvement from her day to day aesthetic. 

2. Dylan - he needed the makeover team, turned him into a country heartthrob, from dad on a porch. He sounded great too.

3. Ripley - he's got a good voice, not afraid to to push his range, and good looking.  He's going to be a contender to win. No one show him to Elliott.  :haha:

4. Chenai - I think I would have put her in the Top 12, but I understand why they went with Drea instead.

5. Drea - I thought she sounded good, and looked better.  

6. Bethany - She sounded just like Miley in the chorus.  The beginning was the trouble spot and Marcia nailed it, her diction wasn't right.

7. Kobe - I hated the arrangement.  This song is perfect on its own.  He tried to do too much with it.

Amy's dramatically long pauses to announce Drea was cringey.  

TOP 21 - Second Round

1 - Amy Reeves - Think

2 - Issac McCallum - Say You Won't Let Go

3 - Trent Richardson - Heaven

4 - Ivana Ilic - Remember

5 - Natasha Rose - Part Of Me 

6 - Jackson Smith - Hero

7 - Saoirse Harding - Scars To Your Beautiful