Australian Idol Season 9

searomordep

I just watched tonight's show so I'll post some thoughts below.

Top 6 Heroes and Tributes Show Thoughts:

Amy Reeves - "I'll Be There" by The Jackson 5:    Lol after Amy closes the show and only performs in the second half of the show once, of course she's back to opening the show. :lmao: Aww Amy dedicated her song to her mother and then shared her parents love story. But awww this intro where she talks about her father's passing... this was all so sad and heartbreaking to see. :broken: Aww her reunion with her mother was really sweet and precious! ❤️ Ahh she's got a classic song she's singing here. Okay maybe this wasn't the most original or creative song choice ever and it wasn't quite the moment like last week's performance, but I still really enjoyed this. This was a really pretty, emotional and stunning performance. She delivered such soft and pretty vocals throughout. ❤️ Ooh wow, she slayed it with those big power notes in there. 😮 She really did connect with the emotion of the song and I saw parts where she did get a little emotional in it. She also had some rawness in her vocals where it wasn't as pretty as usual and I think the emotion probably brought out that rawness in her vocal? But yeah, this was simply gorgeous. I hope it's enough to get her into the final as she's done more than enough to get there. Aww her mother being so emotional in the audience and then getting to speak after the performance also got to me. 😢 I also loved the funny part about how she could get some free haircuts because of her daughter. :haha: 

Denvah Baker-Moller - "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" by Cyndi Lauper: Denvah dedicated her song/performance to her Her sister, Mackenzie    , her high school best friends and even Amy & Ivana. Aww it's cute how she dedicates this song to so many ladies she loves. The video chat with her sister was sweet. And lol of course, it's another pop song that Denvah sings but countrifies it. :dead:  Ooof these rehearsals were rough. The song choice is interesting and I am curious how she changes this up to her up her style. Yeah she definitely countrified this song and made it suit her. It's still upbeat and fun, which I appreciate, as I thought she was going to slow it down. It has a bit of that country western flair to it. She sang the song nicely, but as usual and always, I still don't really love or connect with her twang in her voice. It's not my favorite but it was solid and still a cute, fun and enjoyable performance. Aww it was nice seeing her sister, Mackenzie, watching this alongside Amy & Ivana. 

Dylan Wright - "How Deep Is Your Love" by Bee Gees: Aww it's sweet how Dylan dedicated his song/performance to his wife, Georgia, his two daughters and his mother. Aww I don't think I knew or remembered that his mother passed away. That's so sweet. :( But I am sure she would be so proud of him and how well he's done in this competition. This is a very interesting and unexpected song choice. I definitely expect him to change this up. I did expect him to slow the song down but it's nice that he is singing this straight through with no guitar. I thought he connected with this beautifully and gave a really strong and beautiful vocal here. He put and added some soul in there too. Oooh wow, the tempo kicked in on the second half of this which I wasn't expecting. 😮 But I did really like the fun uptempo part of the performance as well, though I do think he was stronger on the slower part. Oooh a nice big note he had at the end there. I loved what he did with this song, making his own and making it modern. Yeah I thought this was another great and really cool performance from Dylan. :yes: I feel like this performance should be enough to send him through to the final but Australia probably prefers the lesser guys so Dylan will probably go because of that. Aww Kyle getting emotional about his mother completing her treatment and mentioning her picking up his son.... aww I wasn't expecting him to get emotional like that. 😢 :broken: 

Trent Richardson - "Home" by Michael Bublé: Oh dear, we got another Trent performance to get through. Let's go. Okay, he has a nice dedication song choice. He dedicates his song to his hometown, Emu Park. This was a nice and heartfelt performance. He connected well with the emotion of the song. This song isn't too big or rangey, and it works within his vocal range. His vocals are improving. I mean yeah I thought this was fairly good, nice and sincere. Definitely one of, if not, his best performance. With that said, I still don't think this is Final 6 good nor should be Final 3 good as he's still behind all of the other contestants. But since he delivered a real solid performance, he's likely gonna sail through to the final. 

Ivana Illic - "Diamonds" by Rihanna: Ivana dedicated her song to the Sony Foundation Australia You Can youths. Aww this intro video was really emotional with hearting some of the patients stories. :( Okay, so it's nice that we can finally hear Ivana on a slower emotional song like "Diamonds." While I have never been the hugest fan of this song, I thought Ivana delivered a really strong and beautiful performance here. She always sings well but she really opened up and showcased such strong, powerful vocals here. I loved the range she showcased here. It was nice seeing her finally connect emotionally with a song like this. This was powerful, moving, gorgeous and a true moment for her. :omg: I think this was her best performance yet. It's sad that she's likely gonna go after this because I think she should advance through to the final after that. 

Isaac McCallum - "Little Bit of Love" by Tom Grennan: Aww Isaac dedicated his performance to his late grandmother, Susan, whom he lost last year. :( Aww I think he called and talked to his grandfather about this in the intro video? OK so Isaac is the only one to sing a song I don't know and never heard of before. The intro video looks promising. This was a fairly nice performance from Isaac. I like that this song has some tempo and that he's performing a midtempo song to showcase a bit of stage presence, which still isn't really there but oh well. He sang the song well and provided good vocals. This was good, he sung the song well and I liked it. Other than that, I.... didn't really have any strong feelings for it. It was good and enjoyable, but at this late stage of the competition, I don't think it was really strong enough. Aww his grandfather's message to him in the audience was really sweet and touching. ❤️ 

Ranking:
1. Ivana Illic 
2. Dylan Wright 
3. Amy Reeves
4. Denvah Baker-Moller 
5. Isaac McCallum
6. Trent Richardson     

Hmmm the only rankings I feel unsure about are #4/#5 as both of those could be interchangeable.

Some other thoughts:
- The first guest singer was Kate Miller-Heidke. I don't know and never heard of her at all. Oooh she represented Australia in Eurovision and is gonna be a coach on The Voice Australia. 😮 Very coool. This was a really nice and pretty performance. She has a pretty voice and played the piano lovely. lol at Kate not remembering the story Amy Shark told her about when meeting her before she was famous - but at least she was nice to Amy.
- Awww it was really nice seeing Royston back on the show to perform his new single, "Dreaming." This is a nice song and he sounded great singing it. Lol I was wondering when and how long it would take for the Top 6 to come out here. It was nice how the Top 6 got to sing with him here even though they were just there towards the end and barely there. :haha: 
- I liked that the judges didn't put anyone through to the final because I do think at this point, it should solely be on Australia's part and their own decision. It's the fair decision but then Australia does tend to always really mess up these results sooo I definitely expect that to happen tomorrow. :dead: (Although I selfish wish they would have saved Amy so I don't have to worry about anything tomorrow. But I get it and agree this is fair).

I agree that a couple of them had their best songs.

1. Denvah - showing some real artistry.  If this doesn't save her, then nothing was going to.  She's very likable.

2. Amy - my least favorite song of the night.  With that Amy soared vocally.  She's such a fantastic singer.  I hope the old fashioned song doesn't send her home because shes really been A+ all season long.

3. Ivana - beautiful performance.  She's really stepped up the last couple weeks. It won't be enough and this will be her last week.  Her cockroaching has been great to watch this season!

4. Dylan - I really loved this. Slowing down a disco hit is a good idea, and one thats worked successfully in the past.  He should be the top placing male this season.

5. Issac - I didn't care for this.  

6. Trent - I hope Home is actually his swan song, he just can't sing as well as the others. It probably was his best vocal though.

Happy with the Top 3.  They are 3 most consistent this season.  I am not going to be made regardless of who wins, but I am rooting for Amy.  There's not been a female winner since season 5.

• Like 1

As always, I try to watch the results as a ~live time show~ so I'm watching this show and results without looking at spoilers. I am super scared and nervous!

Top 6 Results show Thoughts:

- The "Giant" group performance was pretty good. Oooh yess, Amy slayed it with her solo in there. :wub:
- Ooh okay it's nice that everyone gets to do one more performance before the results.
- Denvah opened up this results show with "The Best" by Tina Turner. Ooooh?? Whoa, this is definitely another interesting and out of the box song choice. She slowed it down, countrified it and made it suit her. I would not have recognized this song until it got to the chorus. Anyway, this was soft, pretty and emotional. It was a sweet and sincere performance from her. There wasn't much of a build up or an exciting part to it. Oh wow I keep forgetting how short these results performances are because yeah this was super short. Lol Kyle's "the kissing part of making out" of a performance - lmao whatt at these comments? :dead:
- Ivana sung "Rather Be" by Clean Bandit featuring Jess Glynne. This song choice makes sense for her considering the past current/recentish dance pop hits she sings. This was good. She sang this well, had fun and was well within her element. It wasn't anywhere near as great as her performance from last night or the week before but it really didn't need to be as she's not competing for votes, lol.
- Oooh snap, whoa they are doing results between these two right now? 😮 LOL I was here thinking they were going to do results at the end of the show. I was also expecting both Ivana and Denvah to go. :dead: But if one of them makes it through, I'm predicting Denvah makes it and Ivana goes. 
- *watches* Ahhh wow, yeah I definitely expected this and am not surprised with Denvah making it through. Not too pleased/happy with that result but it is what it is. :( Congrats to Denvah as she did earn her spot. Ivana took the result well and with grae & class as to be expected. I love how grateful she is with making it to the Top 6. Hopefully with Denvah making it through - that she got all of the country vote this week from Trent and he goes tonight? Well now I'm just hoping the next pairings aren't Isaac/Trent and Amy/Dylan.
- Ooh Isaac performs "Before You Go" by Lewis Capaldi. Great and fitting song choice for him. He sang the song nicely. It was a nice and heartfelt performance. Yeah not too much to it but it was really good and I enjoyed it.
- Oooh eeee, it's up Amy up next! Amy stands a good chance making over Isaac right? Fingers crossed! Amy sang "Gravity" by Sara Bareilles. Ooooh yess, I love this song. This was really such a gorgeous, stunning and beautiful performance from Amy! :wub: Those vocals, that emotional connection, the heartfelt connection, those power notes, just everything was SO good. ❤️ She's really in a class of her own in this competition!
- Of this pairing, I'm just hoping and praying Amy makes it through. That's all I care about. But regarding what I think will happen, I think anything can happen with either of them making it through. Ahhh *is really nervous*
- AHHH Thank goodness, Australia came through and voted Amy through to the final! :spaz: Thank you sweet baby Jesus! :spaz: :ohyeah: We're just one week away to getting Amy that win! :wub: Ahh but very well done to Isaac on getting this far and making it to the Top 6! He did show some growth, but needed more time to grow as a performer. He has a really solid voice and yeah he should be proud of himself making it this far.
- Trent sang "Fire in the Floyd" by Vance Joy. I don't know this song but am pretty sure Vance Joy isn't country, lol. Well, I didn't like or care for this, as I expected with the typical Trent performance. But he seemed to connect and had some heart with this performance? Ooof he kinda butchered that big note that was out of his range. LOL Kyle with the backhanded compliment of "I don't know how you got here, but you're here. Australia seems to vibe with you." :dead:
- Dylan sang "Ordinary People" by John Legend. Oooh love this song! This is a great modern classic song. Aww I bet he sang this for his wife, which is sweet. ❤️ This was another great perofrmance from Dylan. He provided some great and strong vocals and really gave such a heartflet connection to the song. This was all around beautiful and heartfelt.
- Of this last pairing, well obviously I'm rooting for Dylan and keeping fingers crossed he can make it through. But with Trent never being in the bottom group while Dylan has been there, I'm not too hopeful. I would think Trent makes it through over Dylan. Hoping for the opposite. *watches* LOL I knew Ricki-Lee was gonna pull a "revealed after the break" twist... there was still just so much time left in the show. :haha: Oooof this result will be absolute make it or break it for me if I will enjoy next week's final. Okay back to it. *watches*
- Ahhh pheww, Thank goodness. Australia got it right again with putting Dylan through to the final! :clap: I was scared, worried for the worse but yay good result. Now that Trent has gone, I'll be nice now. Well done to Trent making it this far! I'm sure he was not expecting to make it this far. He should definitely be proud of himself and all of the support that got him this far. :yes: He's a nice guy so I wish him the best.

Rankings of these performances:
1. Amy Reeves
2. Dylan Wright 
3. Isaac McCallum
4. Ivana Illic 
5. Denvah Baker-Moller 
6. Trent Richardson 

Overall Rankings of the Top 3:
1. Amy Reeves
2. Dylan Wright 
3. Denvah Baker-Moller 

This was the easiest ranking to figure out. :haha: This is a very solid Top 3, which I was definitely worried on with how the results went early this season. I love Amy and rooting for her to win it all!  :wub: Really like Dylan and kinda like Denvah but hoping to see them all do well on next week's final!

GRAND FINALE

Denvah Baker Moller - Days Go By by Keith Urban

Denvah Baker Moller & Morgan Evans - Thank God She's a Country Girl by Morgan Evans

Amy Reeves - Chains by Tina Arena

Amy Reeves and Conrad Sewell - Firestone by Conrad Sewell

Dylan Wright - Never Tear Us Apart by INxS

Dylan Wright and Shannon Noll - What About Me by Shannon Noll

Why couldn't we have a second round of solo performances?  Shannon is the only guest performer I know... I also hate the song Firestone. With that said, Shannon singing one of his best moments from season 1 was good nostalgia.

Edited by Solaris

Round 1:

1. Amy - Chains is such an iconic Australian song.  Its been done well twice before by Chrislyn and Paulini (iconic performance).  Amy smashed it.

2. Dylan - solid performance.

3. Denvah - she did well, just weakest of the three in round 1.

Round 2:

1. Dylan & Shannon - the throwback to Australian Idol season 1 wasnt something I was expecting today with Shannon and Guy both back in the studio. They should have had guy sing with Amy and has Cosima come in and sing with Denvah.

2. Amy & Conrad - terrible song aside, Amy added a lot to it.

3. Denvah & Morgan - this was close, I do it was the worst performance of the night.

I pray Amy wins, she's crushed this season.  Australia voting patterns are strong and we will probably get a Dylan win.

• Like 1

Phew, I just watched the show. So I will post all my thoughts below.

Top 3 Grand Final Thoughts!

Aww it's sad that Marcia Hines couldn't be at the show. :( But oh dear, the ambulance had to come in and take her? Wow, that's so terrible to hear but hoping she will be okay. It's nice that Guy Sebastian was able to fill in for her. Oooh the contestants get to sing a duet with a guest performer? 😮 

Dylan Wright - "Never Tears Us Apart:" Oooh it was fun seeing this final week the Top 3 has been through and wow they have been doing so much press and fan fare stuff, alongside preparing for their final performances. 😮  Oooh Dylan's got a classic song choice here. Well Dylan always delivers and I don't really know what new to say about him here. This was another high quality and great performance from Dylan. I love how he took his time with the song at the start and then he built it up real nicelyl. He connected well with the song and gave some strong great vocals throughout. Loved how he powered through the song towards the end. 

Amy Reeves - "Chains:" LOL Amy's mother is so adorable in the audience when she was speaking with Scott. :haha: Aww Amy's reaction to meeting Guy Sebastian was so cute. And wow, there's even more events they showed that the final 3 went to that wasn't show in the last video. OMGG when I heard someone was singing Tina Arena, I was hoping that it was Amy singing "Chains." SOO excited for this performance! :wub: As expected, Amy tore this up! I love how soft and sultry she started off the song. But the n dangggg, she slayed and crushed the chorus! :omg: She was wailing and hitting all of those big notes so effortlessly and flawlessly from start to finish. It was a huge song choice but she certainly killed and delivered on it! :omg: She sings with conviction, emotion and so much power. Agreed with Guy that she is the total package! Wow at Kyle not holding back at all with calling Amy the best and wanting her to win! :omg: He better only be saying that to her and no one else. lol the rapping video hey had of her promoting her call in number, lmao. 

Denvah Baker-Moller - "Days Go By:" lol Denvah was so cute with her appearance on Sunrise and all of the famous people she got to meet. :haha: When it was said Keith Urban would be covered, I knew it would clearly be Denvah but was just a matter of which song. I was hoping it was something I really liked but nope, it wasn't lol. But it's nice that she finally gets to sing a country song as I feel like she barely gets to sing country. Denvah did well with this and was right in her element. This was a pretty cute performance. Good song choice and she sang and performed it well. Sadly, I am just far more impressed with Dylan and Amy and Denvah just doesn't compare to them for me. :ph34rwave: But I do think she's legit and good at what she does and she showed that with this performance. LMAO Kyle's comments of being good friends with Keith Urban but never listening to or stream his music or go to his concerts and all of those comments. :dead: 

Amy Reeves & Conrad Sewell - "Firestone:" Lol of course Amy is back to performing first as always. 😐 I can't recall if I know or heard this song before. I feel like I may have but I don't really know. Amy killed and slayed this as she always does. :wub: Conrad was good but I didn't care much for him or his voice here. I liked him more as the performance grew. But I thought Amy overshadowed and outdid him here, lmao. Conrad has good taste in calling Amy his favorite. Awww at the friends and family clips Amy got... that was all so sweet and touching to see. ❤️ 

Denvah Baker-Moller & Morgan Evans - "Thank God She's a Country Girl:" Oh wait, Morgan Evans is Kelsea Ballerini's ex-husband right? I knew I recognized the name though I don't know any of his music lol. Ooh dear, yeahh this performance isn't really for me at all, lmao. But hey that's okay. But lol once again, I prefer the contestants over celeb guest - as I did like Denvah here more than Morgan. But this was a cute and fun performance and some of the chorus is kinda catchy. Oooh wow at Denvah getting messages from Lainey Wilson & Chase Rice - that is all reallly cool. 😮 

Dylan Wright & Shannon Noll - "What About Me?:" Aww it's so cute how Dylan's wife Georgia brought their little baby to the show. I don't know if I know this song either so all of these duet songs are pretty new to me. But this was a really good and moving performance. It's a beautiful song. Dylan sounded great on this as usual. Shannon has a cool raspy voice but he sounds good on this too. I think this was probably the strongest contestant/celeb duet as I really enjoyed them both on this. Wow the audience was going crazy over Shannon aka "Nollsy." Aww the video messages Dylan got was really sweet, especially the one from his wife and daughters. 

Rankings:
Solos:
1. Amy Reeves - Chains
2. Dylan Wright - Never Tear Us Apart
3. Denvah Baker-Moller  - Days Go By

Duets:
1. Dylan Wright & Shannon Noll - What About Me?
2. Amy Reeves & Conrad Sewell - Firestone
3. Denvah Baker-Moller - Thank God She's a Country Girl

Other notes:
- Aww it was really nice seeing the Guy Sebastian & Shannon Noll reunion backstage. 😮 Wow I feel like they are really going all out with this final, so much more than last year's. 😮
- The Guy Sebastian & Sam Fischer performance of "Antitode" was really great. Guy & Sam sounded really good on this song and this was a beautiful song too. It was also so poweful and full of emotion too.
- Okay so the last segment starts at like 1 hour and 21 minutes.... why the heck do we need 6 more minutes of show / the judges talking at the end? These shows can be way too long. :dead:

I am still all in for Amy winning so I really hope she can pull it off. ❤️ However, I would be happy and content with a Dylan win. He's probably the WGWG I have enjoyed the most in quite a few years' time on these shows.

For the last time this season, here are all of my thoughts in full! :bye2: As usual, I watched the full show without seeing or spoiling myself on the results, so all of my comments are genuine to how I viewed them. 

Top 3 Finale Results Thoughts!

- Aww I loved seeing the Top 3 singing "You Get What You Give" at the start of the show. It was cool how it started with them at the recording studio. Then it was fun seeing the rest of the Top 12 come back and join in on this group performance. This was a cute and fun performance. :bobo: 

- Aww yayy I'm glad to see Marcia is back. Oooh dear at how she had to get stitches on the accident she had and then how she has to go back to the hospital after the show. 😮 Wow it really shows how dedicated and how much Marcia loves this cast with making sure she made it to the final (when she probably isn't well enough to be there). ❤️ Ooh there was no mention of Marcia's performance, so I guess her performance is cancelled, which is completely understandable. :( 

- Denvah Baker-Moller - "Landslide:" Aww these life story clips of the contestants are so cute. It starts off with Denvah and her sister talking about her early performing story and how she got into music. It was also nice seeing the fellow Top 12 talking about her as well. Oooh "Landslide" is a really beautiful and great song choice for her. But oh dear, she's really pushing out all of that country twang/inflictions in her voice a lot here. Not really my favorite thing. But she sang this song nicely and with so much heart and emotion. Really pretty performance even though it's not completely my cup of tea.

- Amy Reeves - "Bang Bang:" Aww I love this intro video of Amy and her mother talking about her early childhood and how she got into singing. ❤️ Awww at the parts where they talked about Amy's father... it's always so emotional when they talk about him. :broken: Aww I loved the contestant's nice comments to her! ❤️ OOOH SHIZ, Amy out here serving Pop star REALNESS with this "Bang Bang" performance and I am HERE FOR IT! :wub: :spaz: Amy does what she only knows how to do when performing and that's.... just slaying these performances left and right. I loved the energy and stage presence she had and how much FUN she had with this song. I've been missing these fun pop star performances from her as she's been singing a lot of ballads these last few weeks. But she also slayed this vocally and delivered some big and killer vocals. She's really the total package and such a star. She really has what it takes to be a legit pop star and she showed that once again with this performance. :wub: Lmao yess Kyle saying it again that she's his favorite and hope she wins. SHE BETTER! :wub: 

- LOL I loved seeing these auditions highlight clip, especially as I haven't seen the auditions, so a lot of this is new to me, which is fun to see. The other clips from the live shows were also fun to watch too.

- Whoa, Marcia is celebrating 50 years in Australian music? Dangg that's absolutely incredible! :omg: Congrats to her on that!

Dylan Wright - "Tiny Dancer:" Aww it was really sweet hearing about Dylan's & Georgia's love story and awww at them meeting on their first day of high school. Aww they were only 13 and aww they were so young & adorable. :haha: LOL Dylan's story of trying to impress her but then he got friend zoned and she apologized for that. :lmao: Aww yeah they have such a sweet love story. ❤️ Aww at all of the contestants calling him the dad/father figure of the group. This was another really good and beautiful performance from Dylan. I did feel that it kinda dragged on for quite awhile and I was waiting for it to get to the chorus, lol. But yeah no doubt this was really good, well sung and he poured a lot of heart and emotion into this. He really built it up and belted out some good big notes at the end. Aww seeing his baby girl waving to him in the audience gets to me every time. :bye2:

Rankings:
1. Amy Reeves - Bang Bang
2. Dylan Wright - Tiny Dancer
3. Denvah Baker-Moller - Landslide

- Oooh shoot, results coming up after these performances. All 3 are great and talented.... and proved they deserve to be here. But ahh I am really hoping for an Amy & Dylan final. Fingers crossed and don't let me down, Australia. *watches* YESSSS, beautiful first result!! Amy is the first contestant to make it to the Final 2!!! :spaz: So amazing and so well deserved! ❤️ Hoping Dylan is next but if he doesn't make it through, I won't be devastated or upset or anything. *watches* Oooh yayy Dylan makes it through too! Okay, I stan this Flawless Top 2 here. :ohyeah:

- Awww Denvah though. She's such a sweetheart and a bright spot - she's so likable and got a great lovable personality. She's a talented country artist for sure. Sadly, her voice was never my favorite and I'm not a proper fan but I get the appeal and get why people love her. Hoping and wishing all of the best for her with her future career in country music. The judges all said nice and lovely things to her.

- Oooh nice to see the incredibly talented Delta Goodrem come onto the show as a guest performer to perform her new single, "Hearts on the Run." Wow Australian Idol really going all out with this final! 😮 And ooh wow this was like an uptempo rock influence kind of performance from Delta, which I was not expecting from her. :dead: She's got that strong powerful voice and really sang her face off here! This was great and a really cool performance. Delta also looked fantastic in it too. ❤️

Amy Reeves - "Natural Woman:" Aww I love this intro clip which recaps all of the best and highlights of Amy's time on the show. ❤️ I got a bit emotional watching all of this. 😢 Aww that she gets to sing her audition song for her final performance. This has really come full circle. Wow, this is another outstanding and fantastic performance from Amy. :wub: I loved the soft start she had and then how she powered through the song with those big booming vocals. Dang she gave this performance her all and everything here. :omg: Such an amazing way to end her journey on this show. #pleasewin 

Dylan Wright - "Better Be Home Soon:" Aww I also get sad about hearing Dylan talking about his mother, who passed away 10 years ago. :( Aww those home videos of him and her was so heartbreaking to see. :broken: It's kinda insane how the Top 2 both lost a parent and that makes me feel so sad for them. :broken: But I did love seeing Dylan's journey being recapped in this intro video. I don't know what Dylan's audition song was but I assume this is what he's reprising so that he can come full circle with his journey too. This was a really beautiful and emotional performance. He sang this with a lot of heart and emotion. He sung the song really well throughout. This was really moving. Aww I do also love how emotional Kyle gets whenever he comments on Dylan's performances and his life story. 

Rankings:
1. Amy Reeves - "Natural Woman"
2. Dylan Wright - "Better Be Home Soon"  

(though I kinda want to put them both at #1 as they were both fantastic in different ways).

- Ahhh now it's time for the final result! As I have said and stated all season, I'm really rooting and hoping for Amy to win! But I wouldn't be mad if Dylan won. I think both of them would be deserving winners. OMG WHY does this show have to talk to the judges one more time before the results? Haven't we talked enough to them throughout the show? :dead: *watches* Oh wow at both Amy's and Dylan's families and friends' right by each other on the stands. 😮 Ahhh okay, so Dylan won it. Aww not gonna lie, I'm a bit sad and disappointed for Amy as I really wanted this for her and I was so invested in her run. So for her to come all this way just to miss out stings a little. 😢 But Dylan has been an amazing and outstanding talent all throughout the season. He's fantastic, great and a deserving winner. So if Amy had to lose out to someone, I'm fine with it being Dylan. 

- Oooh Dylan's original single is called "Paper Heart." Ugh I want to hear Amy's single too. 😢 Dylan sang his song well. I am not really all that big or fond of this song on first listen. But if I were to listen to it more, maybe it could grow on me. Aww it was sweet seeing his wife Georgia and his daughters and family come up to hug him at the end! 

Overall, while this journey did have its ups and downs and rollercoasters throughout, I felt that I really enjoyed this. I think I enjoyed this season more than last season? I'm not entirely sure but I need to think about it. I did feel more invested with my favorites this season than last which makes me think I enjoyed this one more?