Australian Idol Season 9

searomordep

- Filming for the auditions of the new season took place in October 2023.

- Harry Connick Jr. and Meghan Trainor will not return as judges.

- Apparently there'll be only 3 judges on this season: Amy Shark, Kyle Sandilands and Marcia Hines.

- The new season stars on January 29.

• 1 month later...

EPISODE 1

*Only 30 golden tickets apparently

Dylan Wright (30) - Better Be Home Soon by Crowded House - 3 YESES - GOING TO BOOTCAMP

Ivana Ilic (20) - If I Ain't Got You by Alicia Keys - 3 YESES - GOING TO BOOTCAMP

Jamie Preston (16) - Somebody Like You by Keith Urban - 1 YES, 2 NOs - ELIMINATED

Ripley Alexander (19) - Mamma Mia by ABBA - 3 YESES - GOING TO BOOTCAMP

Luis Angelo (24) - I'm Too Sexy by Right Said Fred - 3 NOs - ELIMINATED

Arena (23) - Holding Out For a Hero by Bonnie Taylor - 2 YESES, 1 NOs - Didn't Make It to Bootcamp

Luke Ligtenberg (30) - Johnny B. Goode by Chuck Berry - 3 YESES - Didn't make it to Bootcamp

Wil Oldaker (18) - Half a Man by Dean Lewis - YES - Didn't Make it to Bootcamp

Jade McKenzie (27) - Killing Me Softly by The Fugees - NO - ELIMINATED

Billy Menhennet (20) - Something in the Orange by Zach Bryan - YES - GOING TO BOOTCAMP

SING OFF 

Ivana Ilic - When I Was Your Man by Bruno Mars

Arena - Titanium by David Guetta ft Sia

AUDITIONS:

1. Dylan Wright - Better Be Home Soon

2. Ivana Ilic - If I Ain't Got You

3. Jamie Preston - Somebody Like You - ELIMINATED

4. Ripley Alexander - Mamma Mia

5. Arena McLellan - Holding Out For a Hero

6. Luke Ligtenberg - Johnny B. Goode

7. Wil Oldaker - Half a Man

8. Jade McKenzie - Killing Me Softly - ELIMINATED

9. Billy Menhennet - Something in the Orange

DECISIONS:

1. Ripley Alexander vs Wil Oldaker // Billy Menhennet vs Luke Ligtenberg

2. Dylan Wright 

3. Arena McLellan vs Ivana Ilic

Edited by searomordep

4 great contestants went through on this first episode. I probably wouldn't let Luke Ligtenberg go so soon, but all the others eliminated I don't really care.

Ripley Alexander's audition was epic, no doubts his my favorite.

I like this new format, we can connect better with those few contestants who are going through.

6 minutes ago, searomordep said:

4 great contestants went through on this first episode. I probably wouldn't let Luke Ligtenberg go so soon, but all the others eliminated I don't really care.

Ripley Alexander's audition was epic, no doubts his my favorite.

I like this new format, we can connect better with those few contestants who are going through.

i'm glad they got rid of Arena, she was really rude af. I wished they kept wil but he also wasn't amazing so i do understand that

EPISODE 2

Amy Reeves (24) - You Make Me Feel Like a Natural Woman by Aretha Franklin - 3 YESES - GOING TO BOOTCAMP

Honey Jackson (28) - Honky Tonk Woman by The Rolling Stones - 3 NOs - ELIMINATED

Tyler Hammill (21) - Lonely Boy by The Black Keys - 3 YESES - GOING TO BOOTCAMP

Natasha Rose (19) - Hands to Myself by Selena Gomez - 2 YESES, 1 NO - GOING TO BOOTCAMP

Trent Richardson (22) - Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts - 2 YESES, 1 NO - GOING TO BOOTCAMP

Mia Whalley (31) - Dancing Queen by ABBA - 1 YES,2 NOS - ELIMINATED

Cruz Martin and Jeremy Batistuzzi (18) - All I Want by Kodaline - 3 NOs - ELIMINATED

Ethan Jones - Battle Scars by Lupe Fiasco and Guy Sebastian - 3 NOs - ELIMINATED

Liam Stobbie - Unknown - 3 NOs - ELIMINATED

Conor Smith (20) - Classic by MKTO - 3 YESES - Didn't make it to Bootcamp

Cyntha Negash (19) - Something's Got a Hold on Me by Etta James - 3 YESES - GOING TO BOOTCAMP

Saskia Doran (23) - House of the Rising Sun by The Animals - AMY SAID YES - Didn't Make it To Bootcamp

SING OFF

Saskia Doran - Stand by Me by Ben E. King

Cynthia Negash - Diamonds by Rihanna

AUDITIONS:

1. Amy Reeves - (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman

2. Tyler Hammill - Lonely Boy

3. Natasha Rose - Hands to Myself

4. Trent Richardson - Bless the Broken Road

5. Conor Smith - Classic

6. Cynthia Negash - Something's Got a Hold on Me

7. Saskia Doran - House Of The Rising Sun

DECISIONS:

1. Amy Reeves vs Natasha Rose

2. Cynthia Negash vs Saskia Doran

3. Conor Smith vs Tyler Hammill vs Trent Richardson

Another good episode, I like the cast till here and I think they all have a lot of potential to improve. Ripley is still my favorite though.

Conor Smith have been on The Voice Australia before, season 8, he turned 2 chairs and was on Team Guy. I think he is much better now, and I wish we could see more of him.

36 minutes ago, searomordep said:

Another good episode, I like the cast till here and I think they all have a lot of potential to improve. Ripley is still my favorite though.

Conor Smith have been on The Voice Australia before, season 8, he turned 2 chairs and was on Team Guy. I think he is much better now, and I wish we could see more of him.

Same with Amy Reeves but she was a no chair turn on Season 7

36 minutes ago, searomordep said:

My top 3 at the moment is Ripley, Dylan, Trent

EPISODE 3

Drea Onamade (25) - American Boy by Estelle ft Kanye West - 3 YESES - GOING TO BOOTCAMP

A bunch of rejects singing Beggin by Maneskin, Made You Look by Meghan Trainor, and Hopelessly Devoted to You by Olivia Newton-John

Jake Carlson (20) - I Won't Give Up by Jason Mraz - 3 YESES - GOING TO BOOTCAMP

Hayley Mengel (22) - I Said Hi by Amy Shark - 2 YESES and 1 NOs, - Didn't Make it to Bootcamp

Seanna Farrell (21) - Landslide by Fleetwood Mac - Kyle said YES - Didn't Make it to Bootcamp

Londyn Foreman (21) - Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen - NO - ELIMINATED

Claudia Reeb (23) - Always Remember Us This Way by Lady Gaga - NO - ELIMINATED

Jonathan Wells (28) - SexyBack by Justin Timberlake - 3 YESES - GOING TO BOOTCAMP

Rohan Amaral (26) - Valerie by Amy Winehouse - 2 YESES, 1 NO - Didn't Make it to Bootcamp

Saoirse Harding (19) - I Love You by Billie Eilish - 3 YESES - GOING TO BOOTCAMP

AUDITIONS:

1. Drea Onamade - American Boy

2. Jake Carlson - I Won't Give Up

3. Hayley Mengel - I Said Hi

EXTRA: Amy Shark & Hayley Mengel - I Said Hi 

4. Claudia Reeb - Always Remember Us This Way

5. Londyn Foreman - Hallelujah

6. Seanna Farrow - Landslide

7. Jonathan Wells - SexyBack

8. Rohan Amaral - Valerie

9. Saoirse Harding - I Love You

DECISIONS:

1. Drea Onamade vs Jonathan Wells vs Rohan Amaral

2. Seanna Farrow vs Hayley Mengel vs Jake Carlson vs Saoirse Harding

My favorite episode, I love the 4 who went through. Jake and Saoirse have beautiful voices and did a great audition. Jonathan is a showman, I think his audition was fun and I'm happy he went through cause I think I heard something in his voice and I think he has more to give.

I'm completely in love with Drea, to me her audition was perfect, she is a ready star, definitely an Idol. Her vocals and mainly her dynamics shows she knows what she is doing. She joins Ripley on my favorites.

The girls Kyle went after, are the only contestants on this episode that I didn't like, the ones who sang Hallelujah and Landslide have good voices, but really far from the level of the other contestants. Now Rohan, I loved her voice, it's such a different tone, I wish we could've heard some more of her.

Edited by searomordep

6 hours ago, searomordep said:

My favorite episode, I love the 4 who went through. Jake and Saoirse have beautiful voices and did a great audition. Jonathan is a showman, I think his audition was fun and I'm happy he went through cause I think I heard something in his voice and I think he has more to give.

I'm completely in love with Drea, to me her audition was perfect, she is a ready star, definitely an Idol. Her vocals and mainly her dynamics shows she knows what she is doing. She joins Ripley on my favorites.

The girls Kyle went after, are the only contestants on this episode that I didn't like, the ones who sang Hallelujah and Landslide have good voices, but really far from the level of the other contestants. Now Rohan, I loved her voice, it's such a different tone, I wish we could've heard some more of her.

SAORISE is special to me my gosh. that tone is beyond captivating and moving and i loveee her. can’t stop listening to her. and JAKE his version of jason mraz song is mesmerizing and beautiful with his tone

The sneak peek for this last week of auditions got me excited. I already know that Jackson will be one of my favorite's, beautiful tone. And also I recognized Imogen, she has been on The Voice Kids Au back in 2014 and she's also really good.

EPISODE 4

Issac McCallum (23) - Bruises by Lewis Capaldi - 3 YESES - GOING TO BOOTCAMP

Bethany Byrne (28) - Afterglow by Ed Sheeran - 3 YESES - GOING TO BOOTCAMP

Sam Snape (29) - Thank God I'm a Country Boy by John Denver - 3 YESES - Didn't Make It to Bootcamp

Jet Cameron (16) - This City by Sam Fischer - 3 YESES - GOING TO BOOTCAMP

Luke Taynton (26) - That's What I Like by Bruno Mars - 3 NOS - ELIMINATED

Kym Miaco (28) - P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing) by Michael Jackson - 3 YESES - GOING TO BOOTCAMP

Georgia Renee Pitts (28) - That's Freedom by John Farnham - 3 YESES - Didn't Make It to Bootcamp

Jesse Lazaroo (18) - Talking to the Moon by Bruno Mars - AMY SAID YES - GOING TO BOOTCAMP

Krystal Biddulph (16) - Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen - NO - ELIMINATED