2. 2. Best original/repeat performance

• Todd - long way home
    • Chloe - I wish I didn't love you
    • Sundance - darling don't go
    • Craig - baby's got a smile on her face
    • Danielle - maybe it was memphis
    • Cassadee - over you
  3. 3. Best finale set

Just a disclaimer, but with Danielle and Cassadee we are strictly talking about their finale version. Not the first time they sung over you or memphis

So, Who had the best finale performance and the best overall finale set (everyone performed twice except Jermaine)

And I'd you want to. Go ahead and rank the performances, would be interesting to see since I think everyone did great tbh.

Cam - dead or alive

Stand up

Bryce - trouble

Don't close your eyes

Todd tilghman - I can only imagine

Todd Tilghman - long way home

Jermaine Paul - I believe I can fly

https://youtu.be/JGqSZm_4Ecw

Craig Wayne Boyd - in pictures

My baby's got a smile on her face

Danielle Bradbery - born to fly

Maybe it was Memphis

Sundance head - atlast

Darling don't go

Chloe - better Davis eyes

Wish I didn't love you

Cassadee Pope- cry

Cassadee Pope - over you

Edited by Hsamid

Honestly, I think Sundance…

Cam’s Stand Up was my favorite individual performance though.

Can’t remember them all well enough to confidently rank but maybe I’ll rewatch some later.

The 2 I remember not liking were Bryce’s DCYE and Chloe’s Bette Davis Eyes (don’t @ me)

Cam

Chloe

Much as I loathe him, Bryce. He got the most comfortable song choices, and they are right in his wheelhouse. And the only one to stay consistent during that week. (Though I preferred Bodie, Morgan and Omar to win)

Edited by allistr
  • Like 1

I think the only ones you could argue gave their best performance in the finale are Cam, Sundance, Jermaine and Bryce.

I think everyone else peaked during other points of the season.

I dont care much for the rest of Jermaine's run but he might have one of the best finale performances of anyone on the show. I said what I said. 

But I can also say the same for Cam and Sundance. Those are my top 3.

Rewatching Cam, he built it up beautifully but imo the payoff was slightly underwhelming. I wish he had a bit more belting power. I think I'd rank him 3rd behind Jermain and Sundance, but nonetheless a great performance.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 1

1. Cam takes this one for me with "Stand Up" 

Rank 

1. Cam - "Stand Up" 

This one speaks for itself.

2. Jermaine - "I Believe I Can Fly" 

I have never seen this performance before and wow. Dude can sing, i can see why he won with ir 

3. Sundance - "At Last" 

As i said before, epic performance. He made Etta smile on heaven 

4. Danielle - "Born To Fly" 

I can't get enough of this girl and her almost perfect, clean vocals 

5. Cassadee - "Cry" 

Not Faith Hill's  level but it gave me chills, specially at the high notes 

6. Chloe - "Bette Davis Eyes" 

The raspiness of her tone is a great fit for this song, even though it was far from a perfect vocal, i still loved it  

7. Bryce - "Don't Close Your Eyes" 

Despite me not being really a diehard country fan at all, this is a beautiful song so whoever manages to tackle at least a portion of the emotion of the original is gonna make me enjoy it, and Bryce did a pretty good job at it. Credit where credit is due

8. Todd - "I Can Only Imagine"

Great, solid vocal, but i'm not sold on it. Davon's versión >>>  

9. Cam - "Wanted Dead Or Alive" 

Not big on the song choice but he made it work fine 

10. Craig - "In Pictures" 

"You are just a Matt's bitter fan" not this time, i honestly didn't remember this one and re-watching it, wow, it was cute but quite boring tbh. Not impressed.  

11. Bryce - "T.R.O.U.B.L.E" 

I mean, he did a good job with the upbeat, where most people tend to stumble. But it's a song that i don't care for and his voice doesn't really make it any better.

Edited by Gustavo527
Not me letting Bryce completely out lol i swear it wasn't intentional
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

1. Cam takes this one for me with "Stand Up" 

Rank 

1. Cam - "Stand Up" 

This one speaks for itself.

2. Jermaine - "I Believe I Can Fly" 

I have never seen this performance before and wow. Dude can sing, i can see why he won with ir 

3. Sundance - "At Last" 

As i said before, epic performance. He made Etta smile on heaven 

4. Danielle - "Born To Fly" 

I can't get enough of this girl and her almost perfect, clean vocals 

5. Cassadee - "Cry" 

Not Faith Hill's  level but it gave me chills, specially at the high notes 

6. Chloe - "Bette Davis Eyes" 

The raspiness of her tone is a great fit for this song, even though it was far from a perfect vocal, i still loved it 

7. Todd - "I Can Only Imagine"

Great, solid vocal, but i'm not sold on it. Davon's versión >>> 

8. Cam - "Wanted Dead Or Alive" 

Not big on the song choice but he made it work fine 

9. Craig - "In Pictures" 

"You are just a Matt's bitter fan" not this time, i honestly didn't remember this one and re-watching it, wow, it was cute but quite boring tbh. Not impressed. 

Lmao at the Bryce erasure :dead:

Edited by Hsamid
  • Haha 1

2. Chloe take this one for me 

Rank 

1. Chloe - "I Wish I Didn't Love You" 

Beautiful song, beautiful performance. She did a great job at connecting with the songs she sang, that's part of what gave her the victory 

2. Sundance - "Darlin Don't Go" 

Some impressive vocals on here. Really good 

3. Todd - "Long Way Home" 

Good song, enjoyable. And his vocals were on point. But i'm realizing that i really preferred Thunderstorm that night, since i consider his cover that night way better than Todd's both performances. 

4. Craig - "My Baby Got A Smile On Her Face" 

I'm realizing that i really didn't like Craig's finale set:dead:. Yeah, i'm just confirming that Matt should have won based on his original alone, even if his cover was underwhelming 

5. Cassadee - "Over You"/Danielle - "Maybe It Was Memphis" 

Longer but meh in comparison to the first performances from both of them. Can't bring myself to care for either of these.

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 1

3. Sundance??? 

Not ranking Jermaine on here since he only got one solo 

1. Sundance 

Two great performances 

2. Cam 

Two great performances as well 

3. Chloe 

Both songs were a great fit for her voice, it's just that she wasn't at the top of her game that night, but she still ranks third for me 

4. Danielle 

Not her fault that they made her do an unneccesary reprise of one of her best performance knowing that it was impossible to replicate the magic of the first time. She still got two solid performances 

5. Cassadee 

Same with Danielle, except that her cover was pretty shaky, but i still loved since it had a lot of great moments 

6. Todd 

Good but 😴😴😴 

7. Craig 

See Todd  

8. Bryce 

I just can't rank him above Todd and Craig.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

The conclusion i got from this is that Matt and Thunderstorm should have won. I already knew it, but i just confirmed it :yes:

And the conclusion I get is that they both were deserving in my eyes because I love their set. lol

I do think Matt and Thunderstorm deserved to win their seasons, but I'd say for the most part, Matt and Craig were evenly matched and Todd was at least consistent throughout his season.

Bryce winning against any of Bodie, Omar and especially Morgan.. well, there's a gap there..

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

I do think Matt and Thunderstorm deserved to win their seasons, but at least it wasn't an upset like Bryce winning against any of Bodie, Omar and especially Morgan.

Matt would've been a 100% deserving winner, but Craig was just as deserving.

Just now, Hsamid said:

I do think Matt and Thunderstorm deserved to win their seasons, but I'd say for the most part, Matt and Craig were evenly matched and Todd was at least consistent throughout his season.

Bryce winning against any of Bodie, Omar and especially Morgan.. well, there's a gap there..

Yeah, i respect (at least now) both Craig and Todd. They are really talented. I just happened to like their opponents better. 

• Like 1

1. Cam - Stand Up

Talented Brilliant GIF - Talented Brilliant Incredible ...

(sorry, I had to)

2. Sundance - At Last (as much as nothing was gonna beat Cam here, Sundance made a strong case for himself, this was a brilliant choice and executed incredibly well)

3. Cassadee - Cry (man I know she's not perfect, but her piercing upper vocals just do it for me)

4. Danielle - Born to Fly (great song for her and her clear voice shined through, my one criticism would be on her stage presence but I'm not really counting that anyway)

5. Bryce - TROUBLE (this was very good, some strong held out notes and good energy for the song, his one live performance I liked lol)

6. Craig - In Pictures (is it just me or his voice sounds a little out of place on a tender song like this? I think it was a smart move going more emotional though)

7. Cam - Dead or Alive (eh, I mean he sang it well but the song just doesn't convince me with his vocal style)

8. Todd - I Can Only Imagine (he did fine but it was boring and I didn't like the song)

9. Bryce - Don't Close Your Eyes (and now I am back to being an OBH because after rewatching it is still just as mediocre)

10. Chloe - Bette Davis Eyes (I think she was vocally tired/sick(?) but uhhh... this was not it)

11. Jermaine - I Believe I Can Fly (I was hoping I would like this more based on the comments in this thread, but no... I strongly disliked his overexerted vocals at the end lol)

Edited by nytsch
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nytsch said:

1. Cam - Stand Up

Talented Brilliant GIF - Talented Brilliant Incredible ...

(sorry, I had to)

2. Sundance - At Last (as much as nothing was gonna beat Cam here, Sundance made a strong case for himself, this was a brilliant choice and executed incredibly well)

3. Cassadee - Cry (man I know she's not perfect, but her piercing upper vocals just do it for me)

4. Danielle - Born to Fly (great song for her and her clear voice shined through, my one criticism would be on her stage presence but I'm not really counting that anyway)

5. Bryce - TROUBLE (this was very good, some strong held out notes and good energy for the song, his one live performance I liked lol)

6. Craig - In Pictures (is it just me or his voice sounds a little out of place on a tender song like this? I think it was a smart move going more emotional though)

7. Cam - Dead or Alive (eh, I mean he sang it well but the song just doesn't convince me with his vocal style)

8. Todd - I Can Only Imagine (he did fine but it was boring and I didn't like the song)

9. Bryce - Don't Close Your Eyes (and now I am back to being an OBH because after rewatching it is still just as mediocre)

10. Chloe - Bette Davis Eyes (I think she was vocally tired/sick(?) but uhhh... this was not it)

11. Jermaine - I Believe I Can Fly (I was hoping I would like this more based on the comments in this thread, but no... I strongly disliked his overexerted vocals at the end lol)

That's the oversinging gospel-ish roots at play I think. not for everyone, But it's one of the most passionate performances I've seen on the show

at least you gave Trouble the credit it deserved. It's his best live performance imo.