Who won the KO: S14 Edition

Hsamid

Who won their KO?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Kelsea Johnson vs Sharane Callister

• Kelsea Johnson - Rise Up
    • Sharane Callister - All I could do was cry.
  2. 2. Terrence Cunningham vs Christiana Danielle

• Terrence Cunningham - Tell me something good
    • Christiana Danielle - Elastic Heart
  3. 3. Drew Cole vs Jackie Verna

• Drew Cole - Slow Hands
    • Jackie Verna - American Honey

Sharane

Kelsea

Christiana Danielle

Terrence

I'm aware this one will probably be lopsided but ever since it was first released I always thought Terrence rightfully won despite the backlash.. I still stand by it to this day. (Ofc, Christiana was great too)

Jackie Verna

Drew Cole

My picks.

Kelsea.

Sharane was great, but Kelsea's might be on my top 3 KOs of that season. Also, it's one of the best renditions I've heard and I'd say that's a massive compliment considering just how frequently the song was covered. The ascending runs she pulls off are awesome especially since it's usually the other way around.

Terrence.

He did this song justice, his falsetto has this rasp and power to it and its incredible. Some of the strongest falsetto I've heard on the show. I always thought Christiana's rendition, while beautiful, always felt slightly underwhelming to me, especially compared to her battle and audition.

Jackie.

Underrated contestant and a beautiful performance. Drew was solid as well, but Jackie's did more vocally while still maintaining the beauty of the song.

Some of them are blocked, so I'll vote on the pair that I can see both:

Jackie: This was always one of my favorite Lady A songs. She mainly stuck to the original melody but added a few flourishes. Sounded to me like she lost a little control on the big notes, but overall I liked it. Great country voice.

Drew: Cool voice, and he had a couple good notes in there. But otherwise, it was more of an "eh" than a "wow" for me... I'd choose Jackie over Drew.

Sharane and Christiana are blocked for me and it's been too long since I saw them so I can't fairly vote. Let me go look though...

5 minutes ago, nytsch said:

Some of them are blocked, so I'll vote on the pair that I can see both:

Jackie: This was always one of my favorite Lady A songs. She mainly stuck to the original melody but added a few flourishes. Sounded to me like she lost a little control on the big notes, but overall I liked it. Great country voice.

Drew: Cool voice, and he had a couple good notes in there. But otherwise, it was more of an "eh" than a "wow" for me... I'd choose Jackie over Drew.

Sharane and Christiana are blocked for me and it's been too long since I saw them so I can't fairly vote. Let me go look though...

Do these work for you?

Credit to mistake006 for this video

• Thanks 1

Kelsea: Oh yeah now I remember that this was a slayage. Rise Up is one of those songs where I feel like emotion matters more than technical precision but even technically it sounded spot on to me. 10/10

Sharane: Damn Alicia's team was stacked this season huh? The coaches always say this and it's usually BS but I feel like there's really not a wrong choice. I'd go with Kelsea because it moved me more.

--

Terrence: Kinda conflicted on this one because there were some parts that I absolutely loved, and other parts where I was like "hmmm..." It was an impressive performance though just not necessarily something I'd listen to.

Christiana: First half was kinda meh, then she took off at the end. I loved the melodic choices she did I felt like they were all well chosen and meaningful to the song. I love Terence but I'd choose Christiana.

Kinda off topic but Britton was the only choice from Alicia's team I agreed with tbh. I would've taken Kelsea and Terrence instead (Christiana's POs disappointed). Never really understood the love for Jackie Foster.

• Like 1

1. I'd give this one to Kelsea. Her tone really fit the song and she delivered it with the right amount of urgency. Sharane was good tío, though, and I'd say losing the KO was the best thing that could happen to her (Easy path on Team Adam for two weeks)

2. I think Terrence had the more impressive moments, but he was inconsistent throughout. Christiana delivered a more cohesive performance, so I'd probably pick her.

3. This was a good KO all around, but I'd pick Drew. He had a lot of potential as well but his PO song choices ruined his chances.

• Like 1