Sept 23rd Gruene Hall ~ New Braunfels ~ Texas

buttons66

SCOTTY MCCREERY AT GRUENE HALL

• September 23, 2022
  • 8:00 PM

ScottyMcCreery-SOLD-OUT.jpg

with Opener ..Grant Gilbert 

Scotty-McCreery-Instagram-Story-1-768x13

“You can feel the history and the music of country music’s past and present in every inch of that venue,” he added. “I’ve wanted to visit Gruene Hall for a long time, and now that I have, I’m looking forward to eventually coming back there to do a show.”

400x600.jpeg

• Like 1

Scotty McCreery honored his musical hero,  George Strait, in both his recent multi-week, No. 1 hit with “Damn Strait,” as well as the video,, which was shot at the iconic Gruene Hall, where Strait’s legendary career began. McCreery will return to Gruene Hall, in New Braunfels, Texas, to celebrate the “Damn Strait” success on September 23, an event that McCreery says will undoubtedly go down in his own personal history as one of the most important shows he has ever played.

the-stories-this-stage.jpg

“I had to go in there to film the music video, but we were just filming the video there,” McCreery states. “We didn’t have fans packed in there to play a show, and show them our music. And we had these light cans behind us to film. And if you go back and watch, the lights will come on behind us. Those things had to be 1000 degrees, the hottest thing I’ve ever felt in my life. So it was slightly uncomfortable to film that video. But now we get to go back with just me and the band. Everybody’s got their guitars.

3bb5fc240a336885f991811a729953fa.jpg

“We get to play our own music,” he continues. “There will definitely be a healthy amount of George Strait covers, I’m sure, for that show, and we get to play ‘Damn Strait,’ after the song has finished its lifecycle on the charts. It will be a special night, for sure. It’s circled on my calendar.”

Texas Hill Country New Braunfels historic village of Gruene Gruene Hall  circa 1880 dance hall bar honky tonk beer joint Stock Photo - Alamy

Edited by buttons66
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, packman88 said:

I will be there if Delta gets me there and hope to go live on Instagram for some of the show (if the service is good). Really looking forward to this one. 

Can't wait -- and fingers crossed for that 'good service'!

• Like 2

Grant Gilbert Opener tonight on Instagram 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ci2023pPRdd/

Saw my first concert @gruenehall and it made me wanna pick up a guitar. Can’t wait to be back tonight with @scottymccreery! Hope you got your tickets!

Edited by buttons66
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, sinycalone said:

One of the comments posted next to Mike's live IG - "I hope Scotty comes to San Antonio TX soon."  Isn't San Antonio about 35 minutes from New Braunfels?

yes, pretty close but it will depend on the venue here.  Cowboys would be closer, Aztec, where he was last, is further.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, maryhayden274 said:

yes, pretty close but it will depend on the venue here.  Cowboys would be closer, Aztec, where he was last, is further.

The Aztec is not so good.  Small & sound in balcony was horrible.  It hurt our ears.  I suggest anywhere else.  

18 minutes ago, tfortexas said:

The Aztec is not so good.  Small & sound in balcony was horrible.  It hurt our ears.  I suggest anywhere else.  

18 minutes ago, tfortexas said:

yes it was bad - we had first row seating but the stairs to get up there and then back down were horrible.