Compilation of the 42 Dancers in the Choreo Round (SPOILER: and the results)

I might as well give my prediction for the top 6 guys:

1. Thiago- Lock

vv*all medium confident* vv

2. Carter (*NOT the other ballroom guy Tristen. I know he's brother to the Sosa siblings, but i think they'll go w/ the taller & stronger male ballroom dancer)

3. Lord Fin

4. Konnor

5. Matthew

6. Shafar (*if not then Keaton)

Edited by nigelsimon

On 6/2/2022 at 11:29 AM, FrogLenzen said:

KWvhFEE.pngjssgTfp.png

Konnor Kelly

Contemporary Dancer

Shown in a featured segment

2PLK3df.pngnqHaIHT.jpg

Blake Rhodes

Tap Dancer

Shown in a montage segment

Well I found my favourites. I'm sure you're all shocked.

Edited by Elliott

Very questionable cast, we ended the academy round with the judges saying these people weren’t a standout during the group routine : Beau, Waverly, Anna, Virginia, Jordan and yet every single one of them made it, very surprised Camilla didn’t make it, I couldn’t keep my eyes off of her during the group routine. 

41 minutes ago, sytycdfan123 said:

very surprised Camilla didn’t make it, I couldn’t keep my eyes off of her during the group routine. 

they don't want vote splitting w/ one of their favorites & the one that didn't make it can come back next year 'stronger'. Typical SYTYCD trope

• Like 2

I can't believe they waited until the last possible second to introduce us to Jocelyn and tell us that she is a tap dancer right before she was cut. The tiny clips they showed of her tapping looked promising

• Like 1

On 6/2/2022 at 11:29 AM, FrogLenzen said:

6 Boys

Lord Finn (featured episode 2)

Keaton (featured episode 2)

Beau (featured episode 2)

Waverly (featured episode 3)

Thiago (opening episode 3)

Carter  (montaged episode 2)

6 Girls

Anna (featured episode 1)

Alexis (featured episode 2)

Essence (featured episode 3)

Ralyn (featured episode 3)

Jordan (montaged episode 1)

Virginia (montaged episode 3)

So all of the dancers who made the Top 12 were shown in the audition episodes. Jordan, Virginia, and Carter were all part of montages... but everyone else got a full featured segment (if you count Thiago's opening)

• Thanks 1

So I thought it was kind of odd to have Konnor be the very first featured audition of the season with him not making the show, so I went back and looked at all the other seasons to see who else was featured 1st and 2nd each season.

Season 1: Some random guy named Jason Maschi lol (cut) and then some random girl named Candice Latham (cut)

Season 2: Dave "Sex" Soller lololololol and then some random 31 year old named Gino Guevara (cut)

Season 3: Dancin' Derrick Bradley (good lord, maybe this wasn't a good idea) and then some random girl named Tiffany Green (cut)

Season 4: Devin Oshiro (I remember her, she was actually good) and then Jonathan Anzalone

Season 5: Gabi Rojas (AMAZING) and then the scary guys with green face paint promoting their "Mutation" dance style

Season 6: Cole Clemens (lol the guy who says "shatter! shatter! shattershatter!") and then Mollee Gray who actually makes the show

Season 7: Sarah Brinson (another one who is very good but doesn't make the show) and then Henry & Giselle, two superstars who don't make it

Season 8: Bianka Hinklerian (latin ballroom, decent) and then Melanie Moore (winnerrrrrrr)

Season 9: Amelia Lowe (makes the show of course) and then crazy hyper Toshihiko Nakazawa

Season 10: Fik-Shun (winnerrrrrrr) and then Malece Miller (makes the show)

Season 11: Shelby Rase (great but doesn't make the Top 20) and then Tanisha Belnap (makes the show)

Season 12: Peyton Albrecht (great but doesn't make the Top 20) and then Dragon House's Andre Rucker (doesn't make the show)

Season 13: Merrick Hanna (doesn't make it the Top 10, but is now SUPER popular on TikTok and Instagram) and then Avery Gay (doesn't make the show)

Season 14: Mark Villaver (makes it) and then Kristina & Vasily ballroom couple that don't make it

Season 15: Marina Mazepa (outrageously talented but I think she decided not to go to the callbacks) and then Gaevin "Rated G" Bernales (doesn't make the show)

Season 16: Dezi Saenz (so good! doesn't make Top 10) and then Stephanie & Ezra Sosa (both make Top 10)

Season 17: Konnor Kelly and then Hooliboy, neither make the Top 12

So it's actually not super unusual for them to start a season featuring a very strong dancer that doesn't end up making the finals. I'd say it happened 10/17 times. Interesting.

Edited by FrogLenzen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interesting stats and thanks for putting that all together, Derek! :hug: 

I would have also thought that having the season opener audition (that's a really good/great one) would be a sign of that contestant making it to the live shows more often than now. So I'm surprised not many people made it through from the first two auditions. 😮 And looking back at some of those names, I remember a good amount of them - more than I thought I would have remembered. :haha: 

On 6/15/2022 at 5:56 PM, nigelsimon said:

they don't want vote splitting w/ one of their favorites & the one that didn't make it can come back next year 'stronger'. Typical SYTYCD trope

Yeah, if there's one thing that the people behind the show learned, it's how to avoid vote splitting.  And since I want a ballroom girl to win, I don't mind too much if I can vote for Alexis.

Edited by CarmenSandiego