DWTS International Rankdown: The Reboot

*Amanda

Dancing-With-The-Stars-PNG-Transparent.p

As some of you know, a few years back, I attempted to do a DWTS International rankdown, but it sadly died when two of its participants stopped posting on IDF. With no DWTS rankdowns going on at the moment, I wanted to reboot it. With a revamped format to choose the celebrities that will end up being ranked and a new set of rankers, the DWTS International Rankdown is back!

I am looking for at least 5 rankers to participate in this, but will gladly accept more.

The Rules:

-We will have a predetermined amount of rankers that will embark on a mission to collectively rank every celebrity chosen to be in this rankdown.

-At the beginning of the round random.org will determine the order the rankers will nominate.

-Whoever is chosen to nominate first will nominate a predetermined amount dancers and the other rankers will have 24 hours to save one dancer and eliminate one. To eliminate and save once the nominations have been revealed, it's first come first serve so get to it fast!

-Since this is a ranking you should have a writeup prepared for whoever you're cutting to explain your reasoning (they don't have to be too long, I expect just a minimum of 100 words).

-After decisions have been made on those dancers, the next ranker on random.org will do the same thing, nominate a predetermined number of contestants (you can not nominate anyone who was just saved in the last set of cuts though) and the other rankers will save one and eliminate one.

-We will cycle through all the rankers until they have nominated and then the round will end.

-At the beginning of each new round I will reveal a pre-planned twist to the round, and we will also create a new nominating order from random.org

-Once the nominations are posted you will have 24 hours to make your cut and save. If you do not make your cut in time (unless you tell me you're going to be away) you will get a strike and whoever made the nominations can make the cut and save. Three strikes and you're out and I get to name a new ranker in your place.

-If you wanna get your cut in right when you see the nominations and wanna take time for your write-up, you can post who you're cutting and saving and then you'll have half an hour to make a new post with your write-up. However, the contestants is back up for grabs if you take too long to edit. When I say half an hour, I mean 30 minutes. If you make your cut and save at 12:15, you have until 12:45 to post your writeup. Another ranker cannot swoop in and take your cut and save until 12:46! YOU CAN RESET YOUR TIME ONLY ONCE IF YOU ARE WORKING ON YOUR WRITEUP FOR A LONG TIME

-Make sure all your nominees are within the confines of the twists and the rules of the game (i.e. no one who has already been eliminated or was saved last round are among your nominees). If this rule is broken, I'm afraid the round resets and you will have to completely renominate.

-THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO EDITING ALLOWED ON YOUR POST WHEN YOU ARE CUTTING AND SAVING! IF YOU EDIT THAT POST FOR ANY REASON AT ALL, YOUR CUT AND SAVE IS NULL AND VOID!

To Play:

-You don't have to have seen every season/version of DWTS but I expect you to have seen a decent amount of seasons of it. Wikipedia and Youtube/Dailymotion are your friends. Utilize them.

-Every time I have seen this game get played people will inevitably go for the big dogs and it WILL get cutthroat. If this does not sound like your kind of game don't sign up. DEALS ARE ENCOURAGED.

-I expect you to be active enough that you can write about 100 words about 1 contestant every 24 hours. If you don't think you can log on once days to do at least that, don't sign up :bleh:. If you plan on going on vacation or being away for a while, just let me know and I can get a substitution for you while you're away.

-There will be an application you have to fill out so I can make sure I don't have 7 or 8 rankers who all have similar opinions. However, I do plan on choosing rankers who have seen the most seasons to participate or first come, first serve.

-You don't have to even be super active on the boards to play! If you're a more mysterious poster, that might make it easier for you to hide your faves and help them sneak through the cracks.

The Application:

IDF Username - 

Real Name (If comfortable disclosing) - 

Versions/Seasons Watched - 

Will you be active at least once a day for duration of the game? - 

What judge/pro would you like to use as your representative in this rankdown? - 

10 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Are we including Strictly or not ? 

Yes!

The way this format works is I am having you all take turns picking celebs (can be from any version) and will cap the number of celebs we're ranking at a currently undetermined number.

8 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Please finish your other 2 rankdowns first! :haha:

I'm going to. I need the applications from people first anyway. :dead: 

This won’t start for a while, I am gonna hold off until the current seasons of Australia and Ireland end. Just wanted to get it up so people have plenty of time to apply.

Edited by *Amanda

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

OK, now that I actually have time to run this. :dead: 

I currently have apps from Diana & Zoey. I am looking for at least 3 more rankers so we will have a total of 5 rankers, but more is welcome as well.