SYTYCD Worldwide Rankdown

FrogLenzen

Just now, FrogLenzen said:

okay I'm finishing up my watch through of NL1 and I'll be posting detailed thoughts but my first thought is why tf is there a star next to this girl's name, what happened

Very excited for your thoughts.

And I think somebody moved her straight on to the Top 20 when we were given a chance.

17 hours ago, totes4totes said:

@FrogLenzen was going through the front page and I just realized you have Mateusz bolded in PO7 but not PO8 (where he won). And I was just wondering if you knew that these are the same Mateusz. He was injured in Season 7 and had the opportunity to come back in Season 8. 

(Another case in Sebastian Piortwicz, but since you only have the Top 10 from each season listed, this wasn't a problem since he was injured before then in Season 5). 

no I did not know this lol

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, totes4totes said:

Well I figure we would catch it now. Before we get Version 1.0 and Andrew forgetting to add Neptune to the list until like Top 150. :haha:

I'm going to remove him from PO7 and we'll officially call it 685 dancers. Which is funny the way the math works out because I ended up with 1 extra dancer in the final group for cattle calls...

But I don't think I'm going to change the cattle call groups because I already screenshot-ed the randomizer list :stealth: let me see where he is repeated in my lists lol

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

okay I'm finishing up my watch through of NL1 and I'll be posting detailed thoughts but my first thought is why tf is there a star next to this girl's name, what happened

Julia had some good dances, but yeah. Pretty sure Rei pushed her into the Top 20 and there was nothing that could be done about it. Unfortunately.

1 minute ago, FrogLenzen said:

what kind of basement warehouse of an abandoned unaccredited community college did they find most of these floppy limbed girls from for NL1

The first two Benelux seasons are really rough lol. They feature some incredible dancers, but the series was still catching its footing. Benelux 3 is a god-tier season though, so the wait is worth it.

Benelux 2 also features the best SYTYCD partnership of all time, which leads to the best SYTYCD routine of all-time.

1 minute ago, Deeee said:

One hundred percent in agreement with this ranking. Though I might definitively say Benelux 5 > Benelux 7 because of Kalila.

Kalila >>>>>>>>>>>

Her partnership with Delano is like Melanie and Cody though. One is hotter than the Sun and the other is like. A teenage boy.

4 minutes ago, Deeee said:

The first two Benelux seasons are really rough lol. They feature some incredible dancers, but the series was still catching its footing. Benelux 3 is a god-tier season though, so the wait is worth it.

Benelux 2 also features the best SYTYCD partnership of all time, which leads to the best SYTYCD routine of all-time.

oh yeah, I'm excited for the rest of it. I expected the first season to be a bit crunchy. For better or for worse, NL2 won't take very long because we only have the Angelo routines and like 2 other videos lol

1 minute ago, FrogLenzen said:

oh yeah, I'm excited for the rest of it. I expected the first season to be a bit crunchy. For better or for worse, NL2 won't take very long because we only have the Angelo routines and like 2 other videos lol

UGH I want you to be able to watch every Els and Angelo routine, both together and separately. Funnily enough I think they danced a total of like two routines without one another.

• Like 1

Just now, Deeee said:

UGH I want you to be able to watch every Els and Angelo routine, both together and separately. Funnily enough I think they danced a total of like two routines without one another.

Yah. They were partnered for Top 18, Top 16, Top 14, Top 12, Top 8, and Top 4. 

Which means separately they had 3 routines before Top 4, and then 2 Top 4 routines. I believe that I have most of Angelo's routines except his finale routine with Evelien I think. And then I am missing Els's finale routines without Angelo and her second Top 6 routine with Michael. 

@FrogLenzen Benelux is the best series when the cast is right, there just happens to be some notably horrible seasons due to bad casting and the poor shape of Ballroom for this franchise. But if you are looking for the best Modern dances, Benelux puts Mia Michaels to shame. If you are looking for the best Hip-Hop dances, Benelux also prevails in that category too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, totes4totes said:

Yah. They were partnered for Top 18, Top 16, Top 14, Top 12, Top 8, and Top 4. 

Which means separately they had 3 routines before Top 4, and then 2 Top 4 routines. I believe that I have most of Angelo's routines except his finale routine with Evelien I think. And then I am missing Els's finale routines without Angelo and her second Top 6 routine with Michael. 

Oh you mean the terrible Tango that he danced with Evelien? Not missing much there, but Els has a phenomenal Jazz, Quickstep, and Rumba without Angelo so let me see if I can track those down.

1 minute ago, Deeee said:

@FrogLenzen Benelux is the best series when the cast is right, there just happens to be some notably horrible seasons due to bad casting and the poor shape of Ballroom for this franchise. But if you are looking for the best Modern dances, Benelux puts Mia Michaels to shame. If you are looking for the best Hip-Hop dances, Benelux also prevails in that category too.

I actually think there's a lot of good ballroom (certainly better than the US the last like 7 seasons) just not nearly as many ballroom dancers. Maybe not as many good Latin routines. But Peter Bosveld is solid. 

On 9/14/2021 at 1:12 AM, FrogLenzen said:

Derek Piquette
Chelsea Traille
Vincent Olivier-Noiseux - SAVED
Raquel Tijsterman - SAVED
Gianne Abbott - SAVED

AdéChiké Torbert - SAVED
Jake Monreal
Kayla Radomski - SAVED
Annemiek Suijkerbuijk - SAVED
Ryan Rankine
Denden Karadeniz - SAVED
Laura Brougham
Jesús Solorio
Nick Young - SAVED
Victor Smalley - SAVED
Adam Asselin-Rioux
Michelle Brooke
Malene Ostergaard
Chris Piper - SAVED
Asaf Goren - SAVED

Jakub "Kuba" Werel
Jesse Weafer
Eline Vroon
Anna Bosak
Jeff Mortensen - SAVED
Tony Bellissimo - SAVED
Jorge Antonio
Miguel Pereira Carneiro - SAVED
Marissa Milele
Hettie Leroy
Charlotte Scally
Jason Williams
Adrian Wilczko - SAVED
Ryan Di Lello
Denys Drozdyuk - SAVED
Kieran McMahon - SAVED
George Lawrence, Jr. - SAVED

Allison Holker - SAVED
Lara Smythe
Jimmy Arguello
Bartosz Wojcik
Amy Campbell - SAVED
Ina Wellens
Israel Donowa
Henry Byalikov
Kirsten Wicklund - SAVED
Ida Nowakowska
Amy Yakima - SAVED
Dieter Van De Putte
Isabel Bérénos
Valerie Rockey
Patryk Rożniecki
Zoey Black - SAVED
Alexie Agdeppa - SAVED
Darius Hickman - SAVED

Danny Arbour - SAVED
Loredo Malcolm - SAVED
Vitolio Jeune
Phillip Attmore
Robert Green
Brittany Cherry
Anya Garnis - SAVED
Shavar Blackwood
Russell Ferguson - SAVED
Tiffany Maher - SAVED
Miles Faber - SAVED

Nader Hasnaoui
Yukino McHugh - SAVED
Jeanine Mason - SAVED

Jordan Turner
Mark Calape
Meysam Noori - SAVED
Burim "B1" Jusufi - SAVED
Julia Harnett
Miranda Maleski - SAVED
Dapheny Oosterwolde
Tate McRae - SAVED
Matt Dorame
Amy Gardner
Cristina Santana - SAVED
Breanne Wong
Blake McGrath - SAVED
Klaudia Antos - SAVED
Ade Obayomi - SAVED

Michal Pawlowski
Aleksander Paliński

6 left:

Amanda

3 left:

Elliott

2 left:

Andrew

1 left:

JC

Megan

updated!

2 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Oh you mean the terrible Tango that he danced with Evelien? Not missing much there, but Els has a phenomenal Jazz, Quickstep, and Rumba without Angelo so let me see if I can track those down.

Well her Quickstep with Michael is there. It's her second routine with Michael and her finale routines with Michael and Evelien. 

THE TERRIBLE TANGO. EXCUSE ME ANGELO WAS GOOD. (Ignore Evelien. In well about everything). 

2 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

I actually think there's a lot of good ballroom (certainly better than the US the last like 7 seasons) just not nearly as many ballroom dancers. Maybe not as many good Latin routines. But Peter Bosveld is solid. 

Well, of course better than the US considering that the US franchise set the bar in hell. LOL. Every bad Benelux season feels bad to me because of the poor state of Ballroom, but that could just be a Koen & Roemjana issue. :dead: