Joshua Vacanti fan thread

jamescasaki

Add me @jamescasaki 

To tell you the truth, he hasn’t 100% sold me with any of his covers, but neither did Carter (pre-season, obviously) who went on to become one of my favorite winners. He just has something in his voice that intrigues me. 

The reason I’m so late in joining is because I kept mentally comparing his version of “I’ll Stand By You” to Pia Toscano’s legendary version. After watching it again though, I’m intrigued. Give him that song in the Playoffs, and he’s a lock for one of the PVs, as long as he delivers. :yes:

15 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Add me @jamescasaki 

To tell you the truth, he hasn’t 100% sold me with any of his covers, but neither did Carter (pre-season, obviously) who went on to become one of my favorite winners. He just has something in his voice that intrigues me. 

The reason I’m so late in joining is because I kept mentally comparing his version of “I’ll Stand By You” to Pia Toscano’s legendary version. After watching it again though, I’m intrigued. Give him that song in the Playoffs, and he’s a lock for one of the PVs, as long as he delivers. :yes:

I'm sure the fact that he followed you back on IG also has something to do with this. :P

I hope he eventually convinces you in the blinds. 😇 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Teraginn said:

That's a glory note if I ever saw one LOL.

We don't see any chair turns yet, but hopefully he turns one, maybe 4?

Maybe, we don´t know, probably they turned after that note. But yeah, he looked epic there with the background and everything.

• Like 1

Just now, Bk1234 said:

“I’ll Stand by You”? 🤞

I would love to hear him sing one of his old covers, just to hear how he improved over the years.

It's just weird that he got Olivia Rodrigo in the battles. He has to have sung something modern in his blind for John/TPTB to pick good 4 u for him. Then again, this is TPTB we're talking about. They can do whatever they want.

I would love to hear him sing one of his old covers, just to hear how he improved over the years.

It's just weird that he got Olivia Rodrigo in the battles. He has to have sung something modern in his blind for John/TPTB to pick good 4 u for him. Then again, this is TPTB we're talking about. They can do whatever they want.

Yeah, they definitely put him on a modern pop path. If he is singing Ariana, I’m hoping for either “Tattoed Heart” or “Just a Little Bit of Your Heart.” 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

I know Ciana and Denisha were pop, but you broke me first 🥴

s18: Señorita // s19: Hard Place // s20: you broke me first

John, every season, has a battle that doesn't work out, mainly because the song choice.

I hope that isn't Joshua's case but it's a possibility.

Edited by pauwis

4 minutes ago, pauwis said:

I know Ciana and Denisha were pop, but you broke me first 🥴

s18: Señorita // s19: Hard Place // s20: you broke me first

John, every season, has a battle that doesn't work out, mainly because the song choice.

I hope that isn't Joshua's case but it's a possibility.

Yeah, I noticed this too. There's always one extremely modern battle song choice per season that seems to pander to the younger audiences watching, but they usually fly over the heads of the audience watching. It seems like Joshua vs. "Keilah" were John's guinea pigs for this season. 

However it turns out, I hope he delivers and impresses the audience. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

It´s also possible that they handed the Olivia Rodrigo song to favor the female singer Joshua was paired with, and he went "hell no" and delivered.

The cynic in me thinks this is what probably happened, and apparently John liked him enough to continue choosing him in the next round. Hoping he's John's stealth favorite this season, like Will.

• Like 1

Yeah, I noticed this too. There's always one extremely modern battle song choice per season that seems to pander to the younger audiences watching, but they usually fly over the heads of the audience watching. It seems like Joshua vs. "Keilah" were John's guinea pigs for this season. 

However it turns out, I hope he delivers and impresses the audience. 

🤞🤞🤞

9 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

It´s also possible that they handed the Olivia Rodrigo song to favor the female singer Joshua was paired with, and he went "hell no" and delivered.

this is a good possibility! Maybe John appreciated his talent more and rewarded him at the KOs (I like Sabrina, but on the same team were Paris, Jershika, Brittany and Shadale, they're all the kind of artist that John LOVES)

ps: thanks John for these surprises named Joshua and Samuel