🌻 Girl Named Tom Fan Thread 🌻

Bk1234

5 hours ago, jamescasaki said:

It is saw nice to have a group  like girl named Tom we need more groups like them I really hope they don’t get  eliminated early on the show this year  like the next round I relate to josh I sometimes go into my own world 

Yeah, they are one of a kind. I’m really hoping they get to share their talent in the live shows. 🥺🤞

On 7/15/2021 at 10:25 PM, jamescasaki said:

Just watched this. I love this song so much! Caleb’s tone sounds amazing here and I never realized Bekah had so much range. 😳 I liked how Bekah and Josh fed off of and added their voices to Caleb’s part, which was the dominant one. 

I haven’t done one of these in a while (my goal is to discuss all the covers in the video before battles are taped - I think there’s only one more left)…

Let me bring your attention to their “Purple Rain” cover (it starts around 53:53), which Caleb actually helped to arrange. 😮 The arrangement was genius, and let me tell you know… TPTB better let them show off their creative and unique arrangements on the show. 😤 Anyway, Bekah started off the song with her stunning voice. She can play piano really well too and I was really loving some of the piano parts throughout the cover. 🥰 Caleb brought a lot of personality and funk to his performance. I love his tone and his solo part near the beginning was very well done. Josh also brought a lot of that personality and funk that kept me interested. Both Josh and Caleb did well with the guitar too. They were just groovin’ along to the beat. ;) Now, I had no idea Caleb and Josh could go that high! 🤯 At first I thought it was Bekah but then I looked and it was Caleb :haha: Both guys have strong falsettos, which will allow them to do some crazy things on the show (if they really want to.) This was definitely one of my favorite covers from them. :yes:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I haven’t done one of these in a while (my goal is to discuss all the covers in the video before battles are taped - I think there’s only one more left)…

Let me bring your attention to their “Purple Rain” cover (it starts around 53:53), which Caleb actually helped to arrange. 😮 The arrangement was genius, and let me tell you know… TPTB better let them show off their creative and unique arrangements on the show. 😤 Anyway, Bekah started off the song with her stunning voice. She can play piano really well too and I was really loving some of the piano parts throughout the cover. 🥰 Caleb brought a lot of personality and funk to his performance. I love his tone and his solo part near the beginning was very well done. Josh also brought a lot of that personality and funk that kept me interested. Both Josh and Caleb did well with the guitar too. They were just groovin’ along to the beat. ;) Now, I had no idea Caleb and Josh could go that high! 🤯 At first I thought it was Bekah but then I looked and it was Caleb :haha: Both guys have strong falsettos, which will allow them to do some crazy things on the show (if they really want to.) This was definitely one of my favorite covers from them. :yes:

Oh my god, that was amazing. TPTB better treat them right. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Angeles said:

Oh my god, that was amazing. TPTB better treat them right. 

Yeah, let’s hope TPTB allow them to showcase their unique artistry. GNT is  versatile, but we’ve all seen the damage a bad song choice can do. 😬

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1

i have a feeling they will shock people in there audition I cant wait to see Kelly reaction when she turns but there purple rain was insane maybe one of the best covers i have heard of this they need to sing it on the show it will give them a big moment

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jamescasaki said:

i have a feeling they will shock people in there audition I cant wait to see Kelly reaction when she turns but there purple rain was insane maybe one of the best covers i have heard of this they need to sing it on the show it will give them a big moment

Yeah, same. You don’t see an act with their style everyday. 😅 I’d love for them to do their version of “Purple Rain” too. 🤩

6 hours ago, jamescasaki said:

i have a feeling in there audition it will be a shock audition like they don't show them until someone turns around lets hope Kelly or one of them straight away turn around

Maybe. We’ll see how it all plays out. 👀 

2 hours ago, jamescasaki said:

the guys have the best  voices for the guys this year saw far

It’s their tones for me 🤩

17 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

My oh my what the heck?! I'm in love with this group omg. They're all strong vocally 😳 (if they joined the show individually, I would've supported them all too ;)). Josh and Caleb surprised me the most here (even if I knew they were already good), I didn't know they had such range. Purple Rain is an iconic song and they made it their own- insane 🤯

btw their original songs are what I've been playing on my Spotify since yesterday :P I'm obsessed LOL. Bands are kind of my thing now on Spotify because of JADN and GNT 🥰

• Like 1

I normally would've posted a good luck artwork/post for my fan thread artists only (the ones in my signature), but since I love GNT (and Holly for that regard) so much- I'll try to make/post one here. Keyword: try, since I have a lot on my plate right now, but I'll really try :dead:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sydneysam said:

My oh my what the heck?! I'm in love with this group omg. They're all strong vocally 😳 (if they joined the show individually, I would've supported them all too ;)). Josh and Caleb surprised me the most here (even if I knew they were already good), I didn't know they had such range. Purple Rain is an iconic song and they made it their own- insane 🤯

btw their original songs are what I've been playing on my Spotify since yesterday :P I'm obsessed LOL. Bands are kind of my thing now on Spotify because of JADN and GNT 🥰

Yeah, that’s what makes GNT so special: each individual member is solid and has moments where they shine. Yeah, flipping an iconic song and still killing it is a difficult thing to do, but they did it ;) 

• Like 1

Random thought - Is it just me or sometimes Josh's and Caleb's voice are hard to distinguish (when listening to their music only like an audio, and not in a video). I know Caleb has a deeper voice but still sometimes Caleb can do what Josh can do vocally then vice versa :dead:

speaking of Caleb, I cannot get over how he went REALLY low on In This Heart 😳 

+ I am in love with their Billie Jean cover 🤩

okay that's it for now, brb will listen to their music some more :P

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, sydneysam said:

Random thought - Is it just me or sometimes Josh's and Caleb's voice are hard to distinguish (when listening to their music only like an audio, and not in a video). I know Caleb has a deeper voice but still sometimes Caleb can do what Josh can do vocally then vice versa :dead:

speaking of Caleb, I cannot get over how he went REALLY low on In This Heart 😳 

+ I am in love with their Billie Jean cover 🤩

okay that's it for now, brb will listen to their music some more :P

I unfortunately haven’t gotten the chance to listen to many of their originals, but I’ll let you know my thoughts when I do. 

Yeah, his range is shocking (in a good way.) I’m really excited for him to throw us some curveballs. 🤪

Good choice! 🙂 

11 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I unfortunately haven’t gotten the chance to listen to many of their originals, but I’ll let you know my thoughts when I do.

Wichita Lineman and Backup Plan are so fun to listen to!! I love how creative and fun it is 🤩

but they have a couple of originals that I really love so.. 

Edited by sydneysam
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, sydneysam said:

Wichita Lineman and Backup Plan are so fun to listen to!! I love how creative and fun it is 🤩

but they have a couple of originals that I really love so.. 

I listened to “Backup Plan” a few days ago. I love that one! 💕

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

I'd love to hear your thoughts! I think they're really talented and am really curious/excited to see who they face in battles. Any ideas? 🙂 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Loveda123 said:

I'd love to hear your thoughts! I think they're really talented and am really curious/excited to see who they face in battles. Any ideas? 🙂 

I love “Backup Plan,” so I can’t wait to listen to more of their originals! Maybe Kinsey, since they can easily crossover to country. I could also picture GNT and Kinsey singing some Sheryl Crow together. We’ll just have to wait and see. 🙂 

On 7/21/2021 at 11:09 PM, sydneysam said:

I normally would've posted a good luck artwork/post for my fan thread artists only (the ones in my signature), but since I love GNT (and Holly for that regard) so much- I'll try to make/post one here. Keyword: try, since I have a lot on my plate right now, but I'll really try :dead:

AND I actually did it yay- but I am not as proud of this artwork as my last artwork for them, unfortunately :( I don't know what I did wrong LMAO

anyway, as I have said here before, I originally planned to make good luck artworks/post for the artists I have created a fan thread only (Jack, Bella, Jeremy, Parker, David, and Samuel) but since I love this stunning group so much- I did one for them (and for Holly too!) too ;)

Edited by sydneysam
  • Thanks 1

Untitled200-20210722215937.png

Warning: long post ahead :P

I have used their first ever album's photo (the first photo posted on their Instagram account too) as a reference for this artwork- this is to remind them of how far they've already come!! From that first album, it was followed by many more covers + original songs, which are all great- and now they are on THE VOICE 🤯

I don't normally stan groups on these shows but there's something special about Girl Named Tom. I love their individual voices, they are all pretty strong imo. Bekah with THAT beautiful tone, phrasing, and range 🥰 - control when she sings, Caleb with an impressive range and strong voice, and Josh with such the passionate and beautiful voice. They can literally all audition as soloists and I'd support them 🥲 AND their harmonies though???

If anyone from GNT's reading this- just know that y'all are already amazing, you all know your craft- and remember that you are not a 4-chair turner (well, speculated 💀) for nothing- you are an outstanding group and I know you all can deliver it!! I (and many) believes in all of your talent and am rooting for all of you 🥰

wishing you Bekah, Caleb, and Josh the best of luck!! go kill it 🔥

Edited by sydneysam
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, sydneysam said:

Untitled200-20210722215937.png

Warning: long post ahead :P

I have used their first ever album's photo (the first photo posted on their Instagram account too) as a reference for this artwork- this is to remind them of how far they've already come!! From that first album, it was followed by many more covers + original songs, which are all great- and now they are on THE VOICE 🤯

I don't normally stan groups on these shows but there's something special about Girl Named Tom. I love their individual voices, they are all pretty strong imo. Bekah with THAT beautiful tone, phrasing, and range 🥰 - control when she sings, Caleb with an impressive range and strong voice, and Josh with such the passionate and beautiful voice. They can literally all audition as soloists and I'd support them 🥲 AND their harmonies though???

If anyone from GNT's reading this- just know that y'all are already amazing, you all know your craft- and remember that you are not a 4-chair turner (well, speculated 💀) for nothing- you are an outstanding group and I know you all can deliver it!! I (and many) believes in all of your talent and am rooting for all of you 🥰

wishing you Bekah, Caleb, and Josh the best of luck!! go kill it 🔥

I’ll save most of my comments for my good luck post to them (it’s coming on Tuesday ;)), but yes to all of this! They turned four chairs so that alone will make their coach value them. Their unique style and artistry will definitely help them stand out and hopefully advance! 😊

• Like 1

I won’t go into this one TOO much, since they’re performing with a guest artist, but their cover of “Still the Night” (01:05:30) is another solid one. And again, every member has a moment where they truly shine. The fact that they performed well with a guest artist gives me hope that they’ll do well if paired against a solo act in the Battles. 

Now, their ABBA mash-up was one of my favorites from the video! 🤩 Bekah and Caleb switched spots for this, and let me tell you, Bekah SOARED here. She really showed some power and that beautiful tone of hers on her parts in “Dancing Queen.” The harmonies were amazing too, so good job to everyone on that. Plus, Caleb can PLAY that piano! 😳 This is the kind of stuff that I hope they get to do on the show. 

• Like 1

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRrWBDuB9CCERl8gigdOe0zIdQSeR2GkQtpYWY0/?utm_medium=copy_link
D345-C57-C-3-E96-4110-A6-D1-C6-D17365034

A3-B019-E6-7189-4613-B376-B1402-C53-BCFF

Bekah with her cousin Millie. It must be hard being away from Millie for so long, especially since they seem really close. They even have matching profile pictures on Instagram. 🥺🤩 My hope is that Millie is supportive of Bekah’s dreams on the Voice! 💕 (I’m sure she is/will be. ;) I’m not sure if the contestants are allowed to tell their extended family about being on the Voice before reveal day. 🤔)

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1