𝐖𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐲 𝐌𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐅𝐚𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝

RTV

7 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Thank you for posting the link. It was good to hear from Wendy.

Some highlights from the 59-minute live:

Wendy started physical therapy five days after the Dec. 17 surgery. She goes three days a week. Her left arm is still held in a sling, but it's improving.

Wendy said, "I've always sung all kinds of music. That's what I do." She explained later, "Like look, I'm not a country singer. I'm just a singer that loves singing country songs."

She'd like a show in Nashville doing both "classic and new" songs. "I just love singing great songs," she said.

Wendy sang snippets of songs requested during the live.

Wendy has some shows coming up, and some that have been canceled because of COVID. The April 2 show at Halloran Centre at the Orpheum Theatre in Memphis is sold out. Tickets go on sale Tuesday for an added show on April 3. Her Lincoln Center show in New York has been moved to May. Wendy hopes her arm is healed enough to perform with The Time Jumpers at 3rd and Lindsley in Nashville by February.

Manny and Paris joined the live. Manny sang in church right before coming on. Paris was able to spend the holidays with his parents for the first time in almost a decade. He had a Feb. 11 show set, but it was postponed due to COVID. Paris said an EP with two originals and his version of Tennessee Whiskey is coming out soon.

Jonathan and Gymani were supposed to join; Wendy didn't see them on Instagram. She hopes to stay in touch with fans via regular short lives.

Wendy asked people to send a message about what style of music they want her to sing for her next project.

In an effort to increase her social media numbers, Wendy will give away three older records Jan. 31. She'll autograph them. Wendy revealed that she hasn't been able to write since Nov. 23. Yesterday was the first time she tried to sign her name.

Edited by RTV
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, RTV said:

Thank you for posting the link. It was good to hear from Wendy.

Some highlights from the 59-minute live:

Wendy started physical therapy five days after the Dec. 17 surgery. She goes three days a week. Her left arm is still held in a sling, but it's improving.

Wendy said, "I've always sung all kinds of music. That's what I do." She explained later, "Like look, I'm not a country singer. I'm just a singer that loves singing country songs."

She'd like a show in Nashville doing both "classic and new" songs. "I just love singing great songs," she said.

Wendy sang snippets of songs requested during the live.

Wendy has some shows coming up, and some that have been canceled because of COVID. The April 2 show at Halloran Centre at the Orpheum Theatre in Memphis is sold out. Tickets go on sale Tuesday for an added show on April 3. Her Lincoln Center show in New York has been moved to May. Wendy hopes her arm is healed enough to perform with The Time Jumpers at 3rd and Lindsley in Nashville by February.

Manny and Paris joined the live. Manny sang in church right before coming on. Paris was able to spend the holidays with his parents for the first time in almost a decade. He had a Feb. 11 show set, but it was postponed due to COVID. Paris said an EP with two originals and his version of Tennessee Whiskey is coming out soon.

Jonathan and Gymani were supposed to join; Wendy didn't see them on Instagram. She hopes to stay in touch with fans via regular short lives.

Wendy asked people to send a message about what style of music they want her to sing for her next project.

In an effort to increase her social media numbers, Wendy will give away three older records Jan. 31. She'll autograph them. Wendy revealed that she hasn't been able to write since Nov. 23. Yesterday was the first time she tried to sign her name.

Thanks for the recap! 🤍 I didn’t get to see the entire thing. 

7 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Thanks for the recap! 🤍 I didn’t get to see the entire thing. 

You're welcome! I thought some people might not have time to watch it. Wendy seemed excited about connecting with new fans she gained during the show. David was helping Wendy keep track of the Facebook comments, and they had a few technical difficulties with that connection. Hopefully he'll interrupt Wendy less often next time so the live will have a smoother flow.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RTV said:

You're welcome! I thought some people might not have time to watch it. Wendy seemed excited about connecting with new fans she gained during the show. David was helping Wendy keep track of the Facebook comments, and they had a few technical difficulties with that connection. Hopefully he'll interrupt Wendy less often next time so the live will have a smoother flow.

Yeah, they were talking over each other at times. :haha: It was cute and wholesome though.

5 hours ago, RTV said:

5 hours ago, RTV said:

Ooh, that’s interesting. I’ve never seen people write about a Voice artist’s live before. 😮 

9 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Ooh, that’s interesting. I’ve never seen people write about a Voice artist’s live before. 😮 

We’ve also never had someone quite like Wendy before (in terms of the sheer volume and variety of pre-show experiences in the music industry), and I’d imagine there’s at least a few casual viewers of the show who might not keep up with her closely but wonder how she’s doing post-fall. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

We’ve also never had someone quite like Wendy before (in terms of the sheer volume and variety of pre-show experiences in the music industry), and I’d imagine there’s at least a few casual viewers of the show who might not keep up with her closely but wonder how she’s doing post-fall. 

That’s true. Her pre-show career and more recently, that fall (😢), have definitely brought some added interest. 

On Monday, January 17, the Memphis Grizzlies, National Civil Rights Museum, City of Memphis, and Shelby County will host the 20th Annual Martin Luther King Jr. Day Celebration Game. The game versus the Chicago Bulls will tip off at 2:30 p.m. CT and will feature a National Anthem performance by Wendy as well as a halftime tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. by Wendy and other special guests.

https://www.nba.com/grizzlies/news/memphis-grizzlies-to-honor-muggsy-bogues-elvin-hayes-and-allan-houston-as-part-of-team-s-20th-annual-martin-luther-king-jr-day-celebration-game-220111

Edited by RTV
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, RTV said:

On Monday, January 17, the Memphis Grizzlies, National Civil Rights Museum, City of Memphis, and Shelby County will host the 20th Annual Martin Luther King Jr. Day Celebration Game. The game versus the Chicago Bulls will tip off at 2:30 p.m. CT and will feature a National Anthem performance by Wendy as well as a halftime tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. by Wendy and other special guests.

https://www.nba.com/grizzlies/news/memphis-grizzlies-to-honor-muggsy-bogues-elvin-hayes-and-allan-houston-as-part-of-team-s-20th-annual-martin-luther-king-jr-day-celebration-game-220111

Let's hope the weather doesn't spoil the event....

Also note from the article:

The MLK Celebration Game vs. the Chicago Bulls will tip off at 2:30 p.m. CT in a side-by-side telecast, broadcasting regionally on Bally Sports Southeast and nationally on TNT.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, RTV said:

Ooh, I can’t wait to get another performance from Wendy! 😮 

1 hour ago, monkshood said:

Let's hope the weather doesn't spoil the event....

Also note from the article:

The MLK Celebration Game vs. the Chicago Bulls will tip off at 2:30 p.m. CT in a side-by-side telecast, broadcasting regionally on Bally Sports Southeast and nationally on TNT.

Yeah, that would be unfortunate. :( 

Thanks. ;) 

Apart from doing the National Anthem before the Memphis Grizzlies game, Wendy also joined a special halftime performance tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. with Grammy-nominated R&B artist Angie Stone, and Grammy nominated Queen of Memphis Soul, Carla Thomas:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CY2NeiCpWcg/?utm_medium=copy_link

Edited by MusicMedicine
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, MusicMedicine said:

Apart from doing the National Anthem before the Memphis Grizzlies game, Wendy also joined a special halftime performance tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. with Grammy-nominated R&B artist Angie Stone, and Grammy nominated Queen of Memphis Soul, Carla Thomas:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CY2NeiCpWcg/?utm_medium=copy_link

Wendy :wub:

• Like 1