'90s TV Shows Rankdown (Winner Announced on Page 132)

Steven_

Law & Order

62f7764402722a85f2dff7d64eec43a8.jpg

Gah I can’t say enough how difficult this game is getting at this point. I do like all of the nominees here but Law & Order is the show I’ve watched the least of and don’t really have an attachment to so it was the cut I decided on here. Law & Order is police procedural, mystery and legal drama that was created by Dick Wolf. Law & Order  aired for 20 seasons and 456 episodes from September 13, 1990 through May 24, 2010. Dangg what an absolute massive run! :omg: The show includes a large cast of people through its 2-decade long run that includes: George Dzundza, Chris Noth, Dann Florek, Michael Moriarty, Richard Brooks, Steven Hill, Carolyn McCormick, S. Epatha Merkerson, Sam Waterston, Benjamin Bratt, Angie Harmon, Anthony Anderson and a bunch more other people.

Law & Order takes place in New York City and the series contains two part approaches to it - where the first half-hour shows the investigation of a crime (usually a murder case) and the NYC Police Department detectivees looks  int these cases. The second half of the episode shows the prosecution of the defendant of the case from the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office. The storylines are usually based off of real life cases that are known for being headlines in the news - but there the motivation and certain elements such as the motivation of the crime and people involved can be different.

This is one of those shows I may have watched an episode here and there if the episode/storyline of it interested me but it wasn’t ever a show I watched regularly. Although I also feel I may have watched more of SVU ~more regularly over this series. I do think some of my older family members were more into this show though.

Saving: Martin

Pinky and the Brain

tenor.gif

If there are 2 cuts left and only one extension asked then I will make a another cut I guess if someone needs to. I actually could make a argument to cut any of them but King of the Hill so I will cut the one I liked least or not one I know Victoria likes..

Pinky and the Brain is an American animated show that began in 1995 and aired for 4 seasons. Like I said before if Magic School Bus is cut I am going to cut any kid friendly animated series when I get the chance sorry if it has any fans. 

Saving: King of the Hill

Edited by *Diana

In Living Color

In Living Color Thumbs Down GIF by MOODMAN

In Living Color is iconic and @*Wallace did say it best when he said that if it wasn't for Saturday Night Live then shows like In Living Color and MadTV wouldn't exist so I do give Saturday Night Live that credit. I don't hate Saturday Night Live, I just always want MadTV to beat it and it never does. :dead: Anyway, the only reason I saved Daria is for @Deeee and @totes4totes so you are welcome. 😘 It does help that I love Daria as well, but probably not as much as them. :haha: In Living Color is an American sketch comedy television series that originally ran on Fox from April 15, 1990 to May 19, 1994. Keenen Ivory Wayans created, wrote and starred in the program. The show was produced by Ivory Way Productions in association with 20th Television and was taped at stage 7 at the Fox Television Center on Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood, California. The show ran for 5 seasons and aired on FOX. Many greats have starred in this great show like Jim Carrey, Kim Coles, David Alan Grier, Tanya Baxter from That's So Raven (no, that's not her real name), Damon, Keenen Ivory, Shawn and Marlon Wayans and Jamie Foxx. Jennifer Lopez is famously known as a Fly Girl on this show, also Carrie Ann Inaba and Rosie Perez. Chris Rock appeared (as a special guest star) in a number of sketches in the fifth season, Biz Markie (RIP) also appeared in various roles as a guest star in the fifth season and Ed O'Neill made a cameo appearance as Al Bundy in a "Dirty Dozens" segment. The show is iconic in the black community and I take no pleasure in eliminating it from this rankdown. :(

Save: Daria

50 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

Victoria did ask for an extension, but she was just posting on the Big Brother thread. Hopefully she's free to post a write-up here too now.

50 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

The deadline passed again. 😕

6ad6f777-dc3e-42d1-989d-db51a29009ac_tex

Judge Joe Brown GIF

Let the record show I asked for an extension so technically I didn't miss it. 😘

• Haha 1

• Steven_ changed the title to '90s TV Shows Rankdown (Wallace & Gigi's Nominations Posted)

America's Funniest Home Videos

Fail GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

This is iconic show that we all know about, but this just shows you how hard the show is getting now. :dead: I feel like I just cut two iconic shows. :( America's Funniest Home Videos, also called America's Funniest Videos is an American video clip television series on ABC, based on the Japanese variety show Fun TV with Kato-chan and Ken-chan. The show featured humorous homemade videos that are submitted by viewers. The most common videos feature unintentional physical comedy, pets or children and some staged pranks. The show was originally hosted by Bob Sagat and is now currently being hosted by Alfonso Ribeiro. The show started in 1989 and had had 31 seasons. The show airs on ABC to this day.

Save: Fraiser

Photo: First Look At The New WWE SmackDown Set - Wrestling Inc.

I have nothing against WWE whatsoever. But this show premiered in 1999 and still runs today so it is now officially out of the 90s rankdown. Currently WWE SmackDown is on Fox live every Friday night. However, it first premeired on April 29, 1999 on UPN on Thursdays. This was created as a rival to the WCW Thursday show, Thunder. Smackdown was so popular that Thunder was bumped to Wednesdays lololol. At one point this was UPN's highest rated series behind ANTM. Wikipedia has this show moving to all kinds of networks, from CW to NBC to SyFy to USA and finally to Fox. The name of the show came from a catchphrase of The Rock, who would say "lay the smackdown." I wish wikipedia had a better record of the different seasons because I'd love to namedrop some stars from the 1999 year but unfortunately that's all I got for now.

Save Dragon Ball Z

1 minute ago, 1234567890 said:

The show airs on ABC to this day.

I still watch it even though the internet exists! In my house we call it "physics class" because it's a great lesson in cause and effect for children hahahaha

• Haha 1