SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (NL5) (Round 5)

.Rei

NL2 RESULTS PART THREE

12. Suzanne de Bekker & Kris Loix - "Symphony N 5" - (Lyrical Hip-Hop by Vincent Vianen)

7fg2x7.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

@kritaaay - 2

Public - 7(@*Chris - 3,@Zoey - 7 , @Erestor - 14)

@.Rei - 10

@FrogLenzen - 12

@Deeee - 13

@taylorkat - 16

@totes4totes -18

Avg. Score = 11.14

COMMENTS

Kriti

oh my god thank you to whoever moved this on. I loved this so much I almost dropped a swear word and then IDF would have turned it into “I freaking loved this” and that just doesn’t hit the same way. Was it good? I think it was? But even if it wasn’t it just left a massive grin on my face. Suzanne was an absolute star in this and I obviously love Kris too.

Rei

If you look only at Kris this is an incredible routine, Kris is just that amazing at hip hop! But sadly Suzanne brings this routine a bit down for me cause Suzanne is just not good at hip hop. Still a pretty strong routine

Derek

so weird hahaha. Suzanne is a queen

Megan

I am the one who kept moving this on because 1) we were a bit bereft of NL2 routines in general and 2) I think this is genuinely very interesting in concept but it does feel a bit like Vincent was choreographing around Suzanne's limitation as a hip-hop dancer. I don't remember every week but from what I remember about Suzanne is that she was very hot, a very good modern dancer, and not that awesome at ballroom/hip-hop. I love the first like 30 seconds of this routine and the last 10 seconds of this routine, but it's the middle ~40-50 seconds that feel a bit bogged down by trying to set up the tricks and the imagery of Suzanne tangling herself around Michael. The spider concept is cool, I just wish there had been more hip-hop substance in the middle.

11. Els Smekens & Michael Iongbloed - "Where Do I Begin (Love Story)" - (Rumba by Roemjana de Haan and Koen Brouwers)

7fg3oi.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

Kriti - 6

Derek - 9

Dee - 9

Gigi - 10

Rei - 12

Megan - 13

Public - 18 (Patryk-11, Zoey-15, Chris-18)

Avg. Score = 11.00

COMMENTS

Kriti

think this rumba is actually one of the more rumba-y rumbas to have been on the show. Seriously like watch this and then watch Hero or Meant or Love Me Tender and tell me you don’t find a difference. I like Michael more than I like most tall contemporary twinks that show up on SYTYCD and even if he’s not my pick for the final, he has mad chemistry with Els here and that really elevates the routine.

Derek

lol I love them I can't help it

Rei

I think they did very good. Els just fell nicely into the Rumba vibe and showed a strong technique while Michael was a solid partner. I liked this a lot.

Megan

I watched this early because my intention was to just get the Rumba out of the way, but shockingly this is actually very watchable for me! I enjoyed this a lot. IDK if it's because I love Els or if it's because I love RoemKoen or because I love the song. But it all works for me.

10. Els Smekens & Angelo Pardo - "Sweet Goodbyes (Remix)" - (Hip-Hop by Roberto de Costa)

7fg47y.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

Gigi - 4

Derek - 8

Public - 8 (Chris-8, Patryk-9, Zoey-9)

Rei - 9

Kriti - 11

Dee - 15

Megan - 19

Avg. Score = 10.57

COMMENTS

Derek

So good. not even fair to the others

Rei

I didn't like the song for a hip hop routine and the partnerwork section was too jazz for me but the actual hip hop parts were super strong with Angelo amazing as usual and Els showing her amazing versatility once again

Kriti

The beginning of this video made me realise I actually think the Benelux hosts are underrated, they seem like sweet goofballs (and I saw the male host in several ads while I lived there including one for HelloFresh. Just fun facts!). Anyway I’d have completely loved this routine if not for the very unnecessary lifts at the start. We get it! Els has nice legs! But otherwise, still pretty solid, Angels killing it as usual.

Megan

I have the same issue with this routine that I have with like all hip-hops on this list that aren't "Comptine" or the popping routine. Choreography sucked. But only like half of it. Els and Angelo are great at what they are given. But it's almost enough to declare Roberto de Costa an enemy (though he'd step it up in Season 3).

9. Els Smekens & Michael Iongbloed - "You're Beautiful" - (Jazz by Laurent Flament)

7fg4uu.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

Public - 4 (Zoey-2, Chris-7, Patryk-13)

Derek - 5

Dee - 10

Gigi - 12

Megan - 12

Rei - 13

Kriti - 16

Avg. Score = 10.29

COMMENTS

Derek

such a treat to see Els dance with someone in her same style. Michael has the best lines of any boy in all of Benelux 1-6

Megan

It took until Top 6 for Els to get a lyrical routine as a lyrical dancer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rei

The two best technical dancers from the season showing their skill?? Of course I'm here for it!

Michaels is definitely the best technical dancer of the Benelux series and Els might be a contender for it as well (She has some competition with Nina). Simple routine but beautifully danced and performed. 

Kriti

man this song blows. Everything about this routine is great except the song and that pulls it way down because I can tell the story they’re going for and the song just does not fit it. They are cute together, though! Els just has great chemistry with all her partners.

• .Rei changed the title to SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (NL2) (#12-#09 Posted)