SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (NL5) (Round 5)

.Rei

NL2 RESULTS PART TWO

16. Evelien Ceulemans & Angelo Pardo - "Unknown" - (Tango by Euvgenia Parakhina and Peter Bosveld)

7fb8wj.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

@totes4totes -10

@.Rei - 11

@FrogLenzen - 13

@taylorkat - 15

@Deeee - 17

@kritaaay - 18

Public - 19(@Zoey - 14, @*Chris - 14, @Erestor - 17)

Avg. Score = 14.71

COMMENTS

Megan

Sometimes Benelux gets to be horny as well.

Rei

This is like a mix of Tango and Paso. Not the most amazing routine but I would say that both dancers did pretty good imho.

Derek

lmao she is such a random finalist after all the other routines. Why is her dress being lifted up so damn much

Kriti

To Evelien’s credit she looks gorgeous and really shows up dance-wise for this routine, but they still don’t really have much chemistry. Also the name of the music is not “Unknown”, it’s actually just an unknown piece of music so someone should Shazam and find it lol.

15. Angelo Pardo & Michael Iongbloed - "5th Symphony/Pro Nails" - (Hip-Hop by Vincent Vianen)

7fb9im.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

Kriti - 9

Dee - 12

Public - 13 (Patryk-3, Chris-16, Zoey-17)

Gigi - 13

Derek - 17

Rei - 17

Megan - 20

Avg. Score = 14.43

COMMENTS

Kriti

This was like… I’m so sure this was so much fun and so hype live?? The bad camerawork really did this routine dirty and I still think Kris would have been better in it. But I enjoyed it and I could tell they were having the time of their lives.

Derek

deranged

Rei

I hate the fact that for the first minute there was this whole nonsense going out but after they took out their coats the actual dancing started to happen and it was pretty good. Angelo was amazing as expected but Michael surprisingly kept up. I mean not the same like Ivan did with Timor the previous seasons but still good enough. If it wasn't for the terrible first minute I would have ranked this higher.

Megan

This is a two minute routine that's literally 50% not dancing because I'm pretty sure that Vincent had no idea what to do with Michael.

14. Els Smekens & Angelo Pardo - "They Don't Care About Us" - (Jazz/Hip-Hop)

7fba7s.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

Megan - 6

Kriti - 8

Gigi - 11

Dee - 16

Derek - 16

Public - 20 (Chris-11, Patryk-16, Zoey-19)

Rei - 20

Avg. Score = 13.86

COMMENTS

Megan

I love this. I like the cheeky bit where they mock each other's dance styles in the beginning. I think Els and Angelo should kiss just once. For science. Anyway, seriously. I think it's really impressive that Els was able to turn her style of jazz/modern into a very good battle. For Angelo this is expected, but Els was surprising here.

Kriti

I thought they were going to kiss at the end and I am not even joking when I say my heart stopped. this was surprisingly fun and cohesive for an improvised battle and honestly I was going in prepared to rank it an automatic #20 but honestly no, I love this. I also appreciate that they’re using a different song because I think season 3 on they defaulted to the Swedish House Mafia song which is Fine but I got bored of it lol.

Derek

cute

Rei

Yeah the bit with them trying to do each other's style was cute but it was just two people dancing different things and as a routine, it didn't appeal to me. I love them both of course but I would have preferred to have another routine instead. Fun fact, I almost petty cut this during the cuts round. 

13. Els Smekens & Angelo Pardo - "Sweet Dreams" - (Cha Cha by Roemjana de Haan and Koen Brouwers)

7fbawh.gif

Watch Here 

RANKINGS:

Dee - 4

Gigi - 6

Derek - 10

Public - 14 (Patryk-6, Zoey-11, Chris-19)

Kriti - 15

Rei - 16

Megan - 17

Avg. Score = 11.71

COMMENTS

Derek

werkkkkk

Kriti

A solid cha-cha with a bit too much lifting of the leg to be truly excellent. Also do all routines set to Sweet Dreams have the same vibe? Because it’s seeming like they do!

Rei

a very strong start for this iconic pair. I don't think anyone was expecting them to pull this off but they did. I definitely wouldn't have liked to be a contestant on NL2 that weren't Els or Angelo tbh. I think the rest of the contestants knew from the beginning that they didn't really stand a chance against them. Back to the routine, I actually think Angelo was the strongest here but both were good. 

Megan

There are parts of this that are like "ah yes, this is the first week" but overall really solid.

• .Rei changed the title to SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (NL2) (#16-#13 Posted)