Kyla Jade Fan Thread

Dalton Eduardo

38 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

I saw it on her insta. Kyla's first time doing theater! I hope clips of her performances surface!

That’s very exciting for her. She’s a very fitting contestant for a theater production. I believe she sang some theater-esque songs during her run on The Voice

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Only a snippet of her theater performance, need the full performance!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cr5xoEgASRp/?igshid=NjZiM2M3MzIxNA==

You know you're a phenomenal singer when you have Gospel royalty like Kierra and Karen Sheard commenting on your video!

This is insanity.

BTW, you're such a die hard Kyla stan, man. I've never seen you as passionate about anyone as you are about Kyla. I wish at the time of s14, I had interacted with her through her SM accounts to develop a better connection with her. Regardless, she's an insane vocalist, and I do Love her.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

This is insanity.

BTW, you're such a die hard Kyla stan, man. I've never seen you as passionate about anyone as you are about Kyla. I wish at the time of s14, I had interacted with her through her SM accounts to develop a better connection with her. Regardless, she's an insane vocalist, and I do Love her.

It comes across that way huh? Well, probably cause it's true. I still listen to some of her performances semi regularly all these years later...

She's a big reason I have a lot of appreciation for rnb/Soul singing now, specifically the classics (like aretha franklin, Patti Labelle, etc), etc. Even after delving into that genre, and listening to countless contestants from singing competitions, her combination of such full sounding low notes and high, powerful belting is among the best I've heard. I'm very, very biased for her though.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Hsamid said:

You know you're a phenomenal singer when you have Gospel royalty like Kierra and Karen Sheard commenting on your video!

Theater is a very good fit for her! I mean, the drama she brought to her KO song… Hope she finds success in this new avenue she found herself in! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Hsamid said:

Truly the greatest vocalist the show ever had ...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A new cover! This time, a Patti Labelle tribute.. now, taking on Patti Labelle is a tall task, one of the greatest soul singers and belters ever. But Kyla Jade is one of the few voice contestants who can do it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Prob an unpop, but I actually really liked Kyla's "Have a little help with my friends cover"

While imperfect obviously, the energy and fire she brought on that song was just insane ... it made even Kelly and Blake stand up like before it ended lol

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Shortclip of Kyla Jade singing Total Praise

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1Kcurkrcz-/?igsh=bnM4Z3FmN2sxMDJu

If you are familiar with this song, then you know how hard it is to sing, I'd be worried for most people, including Kyla, to pull the whole thing off

This clip is only the beginning of the song nearing the chorus but she does a great job imo. Need the full version ASAP.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, StarWalker1 said:

Kyla sang background to Ledisi singing "New Attitude" as a tribute to Patti Labelle

I've replayed this performance multiple times and I never realized until someone mentioned it in the comments.

Ledisi is ridiculous, making difficult vocals look effortless, you'd never know she was singing out of her mind if you just watched her body language though.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

I've replayed this performance multiple times and I never realized until someone mentioned it in the comments.

Ledisi is ridiculous, making difficult vocals look effortless, you'd never know she was singing out of her mind if you just watched her body language though.

she's a vocal legend in her own right! Criminally underrated - incorporating both the technical aspects of singing while also keeping that "edge" to her

• Like 1