Rank the Top 5`s runs on the show (Explain why)

Misirlou

Explain why.

1. Cam- By far the most consistent contestant of the season. Always excellent, on pitch, with charisma for days, and all around a fantastic vocalist. He deserves this win.

2. Jordan - I was initially dissappointed with him in pre-lives, given he was one of my favorites pre-season and he didn`t deliver for me, but he completely turned it around in the lives. Absolutely love him then, loved to see his guitar playing and his gravel.

3. Kenzie - His KO was one of my favorites of the season, and I loved his battle and playoffs too. But as a pre-season favorite as well, he did let me down in this last few weeks. This show is not for him, but he still might win, so what`s the deal? lol.

4- Rachel - A beautiful growth arc, but still pretty shaky in these last few weeks as well. Her KO was fantastic and so was her battle and PO, so she goes 4th for me.

5- Victor- This man sang Glory, and then went into hibernation until tonight. And holy crap, "Freedom" was fantastic. But it was such a long gap that these feel like his only two performances. The rest wasn`t it, althought "I Wish" was decent.

• Like 1

Mostly in agreement, on the top 2 at least

1. Cam - No question, he's ready for the big time. Like, "bigger than The Voice", big time. Blake's absolutely right, the guy's a star. 

2. Jordan - Didn't have a bad performance all season IMO; even the songs that weren't in his wheelhouse, he managed to make them work. Versatility and experience definitely set him apart. 

3. Victor - Despite a couple songs where there was something slightly "off' about his voice (some hoarseness / rasp? song choice? can't put my finger 100% on it), he could knock out a solid performance every week. And what an exclamation point to end the season!

4. Kenzie - No question, Kenzie has a great voice and could be a country star in the not-too-distant future. Big stadiums will suit him better than television though, as there was something about the up-close format that made his less refined stage presence more apparent. 

5. Rachel - A little messy / shouty at times for my tastes, but no question Rachel exceeded expectations and put in some great performances, especially (if I recall correctly) her KO. She held her own in the finale as the sole female representative and at just 16 has a ton of future potential. Not a bad run for a 1-chair turn!

1. Cam. No explanation needed yall know he was flawless
  2. Rachel. Something about her growth arc was amazing to watch. I know for a fact that if we had been told pre battles that Rachel was a finalist, IDF would’ve laughed their asses off. She deserves to be where she is based on the growth she’s shown. (Her peak: playoffs)
  3. Jordan. He is genuinely a very cool vocalists. He’s had his off moments but his experience still shines through. I personally think his semi finals and finale were two of his weaker night but before that he was very very consistent and deserves props for that. (His peak: playoffs)
  4. Victor. Someone that I personally enjoyed pre taped rounds but after his battle I just couldn’t enjoy him until the finale (with the exception of the trio). He’s had very strong performances (Glory and Freedom obvi) but track record wise he wasn’t the strongest in my eyes. (His peak: blinds, he came back up in freedom lol, but I still prefer his blind)
  5. Kenzie. I just haven’t enjoyed him as much. His knockout was his best performance, but I wouldn’t rank it higher than Cam, Rachel or even Jordan’s. I think tonight was his most vocally inconsistent night. His semi finals performance was strong, but just not as impactful as his knockout. He’s strong but every week at least the one of the previously ranked contestants did better than him if you ask me. (His peak: knockouts)
  • Like 1

1. Cam Anthony- The most consistent contestant this season and it’s not even close. Every round, he gave one of the best performances, if not the best, and was the best each round out of the finalists.

2. Jordan Matthew Young- He got better as the season progressed, though he had a setback in the Semifinal (his Finale upbeat was close to that level). His PO was one of my favorites of the round, which helps his ranking a lot. 

3. Rachel Mac- Basically improved until the Knockouts but declined after the playoffs. Her KO and PO were both one of the better performances of the round, but her SF and Finale hold her back. 
4. Victor Solomon- His first and last performances were great, but the meat of his run was underwhelming. He was decent, but not amazing during those performances, and it took the end of the Finale to match his audition in quality

5. Kenzie Wheeler- Most of his performances were only around the middle of the pack of the round for me. He never really excelled above his competition in any round, but was generally passable for the most part

Honestly, I think the reason why I am so critical is the lack of performances. With more weeks, the contestants would have more opportunities to have bigger moments, which I hope changes next season.

1. Cam: The most consistent performer body of work wise and had the best performance in the finale.

2. Rachel: Another pretty consistent performer but didn't quite reach the highs Cam did in the last 2 episodes with her recent work, though if she performed like she did in her KOs I think she'd have a shot of winning the show.

Large Gap

3. Jordan: He's only had one good performance this entire season, Gold Dust Woman, but that's enough to get him here.  Gold Dust Woman was a great performance and was better than every Team Blake performance that night.  Sad that he got so boring after it though, and Stay was easily one of the worst performances this season.

4. Victor: Great finale closer but every other one of his performances has been boring, he shouldn't have made it past Ryleigh or Pia.

5. Kenzie: Easily the most boring "frontrunner" of all time, this guy just isn't that good.  Him getting PV over Gihanna last week was a crime.

Edited by Anonnymoose
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:
  1. Cam. No explanation needed yall know he was flawless
  2. Rachel. Something about her growth arc was amazing to watch. I know for a fact that if we had been told pre battles that Rachel was a finalist, IDF would’ve laughed their asses off. She deserves to be where she is based on the growth she’s shown. (Her peak: playoffs)
  3. Jordan. He is genuinely a very cool vocalists. He’s had his off moments but his experience still shines through. I personally think his semi finals and finale were two of his weaker night but before that he was very very consistent and deserves props for that. (His peak: playoffs)
  4. Victor. Someone that I personally enjoyed pre taped rounds but after his battle I just couldn’t enjoy him until the finale (with the exception of the trio). He’s had very strong performances (Glory and Freedom obvi) but track record wise he wasn’t the strongest in my eyes. (His peak: blinds, he came back up in freedom lol, but I still prefer his blind)
  5. Kenzie. I just haven’t enjoyed him as much. His knockout was his best performance, but I wouldn’t rank it higher than Cam, Rachel or even Jordan’s. I think tonight was his most vocally inconsistent night. His semi finals performance was strong, but just not as impactful as his knockout. He’s strong but every week at least the one of the previously ranked contestants did better than him if you ask me. (His peak: knockouts)

Didn't see this before writing mine but this is my exact ranking lmao

• Like 1