Strictly Come Dancing Rankdown (WINNER REVEALED)

*Amanda

MICHAEL VAUGHAN

p00zswdk.jpg

Out of the remaining celebrities that are nominated, Michael Vaughan is the one that I am the most indifferent regarding which meant that he is getting cut from the rankdown. As an athlete, a Cricket player to be more specific, he found great success & was ready to find the same success on the dance floor. I wish I could say that he found great success on the dance floor with his partner, Natalie Lowe, during the 10th series of Strictly Come Dancing.  Throughout his time on the series, as he lasted for about 8th weeks, he didn't really deliver a dance that was a WOW moment - I wasn't that invested in his journey compare to his fellow competitors.  And I felt that he peaked / improved a bit too early in the competition - Week 4 and Week 5 - but he was unable to stay near the leaderboard after those routines.  My personal favourite of his was his best routine, score wise :

SAVING: CHRIS RAMSEY

Edited by *Chris

34 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Hmmm stuck on what to do....

Cut Sarah Manners

Save Peter Andre

Refresh.

19 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Same here :unsure: 

Yeah I was stuck on both my  save options and cut options. :lmao: Usually it's one or the other. :haha: 

Sarah Manners

NINTCHDBPICT000003474220.jpg

Sarah Manners is an actress, know for starring Doctors and Casualty, competed on the 2nd series of Strictly Come Dancing where she was partnered with the ever-so-controversial  bad boy Brendan Cole. They lasted 5 weeks and finished 6th out of 10th. It’s so hard to find media of the earlier series so sadly I am not too familiar with Sarahs’ run but with her scores, she did seem like one of the robbed female dancers of the series - especially with Julian Clary making the final with lower scores. Let’s recap her run.

Week 1: Waltz to “I Wonder Why” scoring a 28

Week 2: Rumba to “I Don’t Want To Miss a Thing” scoring a 23

Week 3: Tango to “Hernando’s Hideaway” scoring a 31

Week 4: Paso Doble to “Bring Me to Life” scoring a 29

Week 5: Samba to “Kiss Kiss” scoring a 23

Sadly I am not able to find her dances on Youtube so can’t comment properly on her dances. Sarah’s strong suit did seem to be ballroom as she scored really well there. Her Latin dances that involves hip action is her biggest struggle as those were her lower scores. But I am sure she should have been 4th behind Jill, Denise and Aled. And I think Sarah got 4th in this game for S2 so slay us for this!

Saving: Peter Andre

?width=250&version=2383286

• Like 1

Aww Michael Vaughn was always one of my favorite guilty pleasures on the show. But a fair cut at this point. His Jive is so iconically  bad but I love it for all the wrong reasons. :dead:  

:dead: 

Loved his American Smooth though!

• Like 1

I don’t remember a lot of Sarah other than I think her and Brendan had some huge argument which was one of the big things that started his ‘bad boy’ pro reputation..I think they were a bit of a mismatch. 🙈 A fair cut for now though especially as it’s harder to find stuff of her.

Hmm I have neutral opinions on the last two, I think I will save Jonnie and cut Nicky but will have a further think before doing my writeup.

7 hours ago, *Lily said:

Michael pulling off one of the worst and low-key one of the better performances of that season….did someone say growth? :wub: :dead:

Lmaoo yesss I loved that about his run. :dead: 

7 hours ago, *Lily said:

I don’t remember a lot of Sarah other than I think her and Brendan had some huge argument which was one of the big things that started his ‘bad boy’ pro reputation..I think they were a bit of a mismatch. 🙈 A fair cut for now though especially as it’s harder to find stuff of her.

Hmm I have neutral opinions on the last two, I think I will save Jonnie and cut Nicky but will have a further think before doing my writeup.

Lmaoo oh gosh.... why does this not surprise me? Sounds like more than half of Brendan's partnerships. :dead: Ah I wish I could see their rehearsal footage (as well as their dances). 🙈

Nicky Byrne

p00zswbw.jpg

Best known for being a member of Westlife, Nicky appeared on Strictly in 2012 as Karen Hauer's first celebrity partner. I think there were probably some high expectations for Nicky coming from a musical background but unfortunately I felt like he never quite hit that expectation. He started out on a bit of a bad note when Karen choreographed an illegal lift into her very first dance on the show lmao, and the judges were so mad at her. I admire the nerve :wub: I think his journey as he carried on in the competition was a little forgettable on the whole though. His standout dance would have to be his Charleston where he had a big breakthrough and scored 36 points, it was a really fun performance that I'll link below. However he couldn't quite live up to that standard afterwards and at the top six he became the clear weak link of the dancers which led to his elimination.

It's also worth mentioning that Nicky has hosted all seasons of the Irish version of DWTS too! I think it's cool that he's stayed in the show family and I do like seeing him on there. I really could have gone either way on this cut/save and although I think maybe Nicky had a slightly stronger journey overall, I think I probably rooted more for Jonnie.

Saving Jonnie Peacock

What's ironic about Lily's cut/save is that..... I actually nearly saved Nicky and nearly cut Jonnie (as they were my 2nd options for each decision) but then the opposite happens. 🙈 Great write-up on Nicky. And yess I did really love his Charleston on the show so yay for linking that! :yes:  😄 

33 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

What's ironic about Lily's cut/save is that..... I actually nearly saved Nicky and nearly cut Jonnie (as they were my 2nd options for each decision) but then the opposite happens. 🙈 Great write-up on Nicky. And yess I did really love his Charleston on the show so yay for linking that! :yes:  😄 

Ooh that is ironic. :haha: Yeah I kinda went back and forth on the two of them!

• Haha 1

Carol Smillie

595f60ba1500002000bfc7df.png?ops=scalefit_630_noupscale

Best known for being a former co-hostess on the UK version of Wheel of Fortune, and for shows such as Changing Rooms, Carol is a TV presenter and former model who appeared on Series 4 of Strictly. Prior to her appearance on Strictly, Carol also appeared in the one-off special Strictly Ice Dancing, which was an early iteration of Dancing on Ice. She fared pretty well on the show, placing in fifth out of fourteen couples, although in the end suffered from being up against a stronger top four of Mark, Matt, Louisa and Emma. She definitely showed some growth over the season, and in her final week scored 34/40 for both her Viennese Waltz and Samba showing she had improved in both her ballroom and Latin. Overall, I don't really remember her quite as well from this series especially for her making it as far as she did, and so I feel this was probably a fair cut at this point.

Saving Alison Hammond

Top 30 Alison Hammond GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Graeme Swann 
5bfa8b4b210000b906ca2986.jpg

According to ultimate Strictly Come Dancing Graeme is a right-arm off break bowler. If you're like me you have no idea what that means but here we are. He is famous enough to be on the show. I think this makes 2 Oti partners in a row I cut sorry but this pair never clicked for me and felt like Oti deserved a lot better. I guess me cutting the male nominated shouldn't surprise anyone either. He is another I felt was overscored and lasted far too long based on his dancing abilities during season 16. I mean that Charleston did not do anything that warrent the high score it got.

Saving: Katie Derham

Anita Dobson 

anita-dobson-with-robin-windsor-on-stric

Anita Dobson is an actress from London that is known for her important role as Queen Vic landlady Angie Watts on the British soap opera EastEnders.  She trained at the Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art. She has appeared in several television programs and performed in the stage version of Frozen since leaving EastEnders.  She was on the ninth series of Strictly Come Dancing and her partner was Robin Windsor.  Her dances were a Waltz (28), Salsa (28), Jive (27), American Smooth (32), Tango (31), Charleston (31), Argentine Tango (33), Samba (27), and her final dance, a Cha-Cha (30).  She didn't receive any 10s in individual scores, mostly 7s and 8s were her individual scores.  On Week 9, Anita had to dance with our favorite pro Brendan because Robin was injured. 

Save Lauren Steadman

Heather Small

OIP.rkjOmwhbBPs3GGijq4CIRQHaJ4?pid=ImgDe

Heather Small is a singer from West London that is a member of the group M People. She was a teenager when she joined a band called Hot House.  M People sold 10 million albums and are known for their hit songs "Moving On Up" and "Search For the Hero".  She has also had solo success.  Heather was on the sixth season of Strictly Come Dancing and her partner was Brian Fortuna.  Her nerves got the best of her, which caused her to place ninth out of fourteen couples.  She danced a Salsa (26), Quickstep (23), Samba (23), Viennese Waltz (27), Cha-Cha (23), and a Tango (27).  She supports several charities and is an ambassador of Asthma UK (she had asthma as a child).

Save Letitia Dean

• 3 weeks later...