The Challenge: Reality Royalty Rankdown (CHAMPION ON PAGE 169!)

JC

Kefla Hare

latest?cb=20150803190906

Kefla Hare is another old-school contestant. For shame. Kefla Hare originally was on Road Rules: Down Under also known as Road Rules: Australia. This season aired on MTV in 1998. I don't remember this season but I do see the iconic Susie Meister was on it. Kefla then participated on Real World/Road Rules Challenge which is the 2nd season of the show. That premiered in 1999. That season marked the first time in which contestants from The Real World and Road Rules would be competing against each other. Kefla Hare was apart of the winning team on that season where The Challenge Wiki says he won $6,613 dollars. I'm fine with cutting him here.

• Thanks 1

220px-Battle_of_Seasons_281x211.jpg

CYCLE V: BATTLE OF THE SEASONS

Cycle V honors the fifth season of The Challenge and the format of pairs from the same season! As there were 8 teams of male/female pairs to start on each team of Real World/Road Rules, nominations will mirror that. Each ranker will nominate 8 male/female pairs from the same season of The Challenge. You are allowed to nominate pairs that were involved in ANY overlapping season, not just their inaugural one. Please put in parentheses the season you are nominating them for overlapping.

When nominating, please keep in mind that these pairs will be saved and cut TOGETHER. Each of the other rankers will be saving and cutting a PAIR. At the end of this cycle, a whopping 40 contestants will be cut.

Nomination Order:

image.png.58f0c5d19a6ffee1432a4d31ee805eb0.png

@QueenKalie you're up first! You can not nominate any of the MVPs from last cycle:

Bayleigh Dayton

Cameran Eubanks

Landon Lueck

Norman Korpi

Derek McCray

@QueenKalie @Alex95 @Deeee @*Wallace @1234567890

Just now, QueenKalie said:

So I am nominating 8 pairs of male / female pairings? So a total of 16 people.

Yes, and the pairs need to be from a same season of The Challenge. It does not have to be their inaugural one although that would be easiest because you can clearly see that from my post. But say you wanted Cory and Bayleigh together to get rid of them or save them, you could write Cory/Bayleigh (Total Madness) and they would be a legitimate pair because they interlapped on a season even though it's not Cory's inaugural one. Hope that makes sense!

Just now, JC said:

Yes, and the pairs need to be from a same season of The Challenge. It does not have to be their inaugural one although that would be easiest because you can clearly see that from my post. But say you wanted Cory and Bayleigh together to get rid of them or save them, you could write Cory/Bayleigh (Total Madness) and they would be a legitimate pair because they interlapped on a season even though it's not Cory's inaugural one. Hope that makes sense!

Yeah I got it, works for me.

18 minutes ago, JC said:

Okay not as tricky as I thought as I thought they literally had to be partners. :lmao: This works!

This should work?

Sean Lineker (War of the Worlds 2)
Dee Nguyen ( War of the Worlds 2)

Hunter Barfield (Invasion of the Champions)
Nicole Zanatta (Invasion of the Champions)

Eric "Big Easy" Banks (Fresh Meat)
Linette Gallo (Fresh Meat)

Shane Landrum (Invasion of the Champions)
Ashley Mitchell (Invasion of the Champions)

Chris "Ammo" Ammon Hall  (XXX: Dirty 30)
Amanda Garcia  (XXX: Dirty 30)

Nathan Blackburn ( Real World vs Road Rules )
Montana McGlynn ( Real World vs Road Rules )

David Burns ( Challenge 2000)
Holly Shand ( Challenge 2000)

Jisela Delgado ( Battle of the Seasons)
Josh Florence ( Battle of the Seasons )

Edited by QueenKalie

13 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

This should work?

Sean Lineker
Dee Nguyen

Hunter Barfield
Nicole Zanatta

Eric "Big Easy" Banks
Linette Gallo

Shane Landrum
Ashley Mitchell

Chris "Ammo" Ammon Hall
Amanda Garcia

Nathan Blackburn
Montana McGlynn

David Burns
Holly Shand

Jisela Delgado
Josh Florence

Just kidding, looks good except you should add the season in parentheses

Edited by JC

Nicole Zanatta

340?cb=20171207180701

I was more passionate about the ladies this round so I made my decision based on them as it would be too difficult making that decision of them as a pair. :lmao: Nicole Zanatta was someone I was contemplating on cutting earlier in the game but I changed my mind…. for reasons I can’t remember but I did. :haha: But now, I think she lasted long enough and made it to a good spot in the game without me feeling she was robbed or something. 

Nicole Zanatta is originally from Real World: Skeletons and has participated on two seasons of The Challenge, which are Season 29’s Invasion of the Champions and Season 31’s Vendettas. Nicole proved to be a strong competitor on both of her seasons as she’s made it to the finals on both of them. Although her showing on Vendettas wasn’t as strong as she finished 8th and did not finish that final. Nicole has 10 challenge wins under her belt across the two seasons and won her only elimination battle. And I see she won $26,250. Not bad for two seasons.

Although the thing with Nicole that most annoyed me was how she came across as (or well actually is) a player. She would flirt with a lot of the girls and would use them and pretty much treat them terribly. And she would cry instantly whenever she was spotted in the wrong for her actions. Ugh sadly I can’t really remember the specifics of her storylines on these shows but I feel this would happen. Or maybe this is clouding my mind of her from last year’s Ex on the Beach: Peak of Love where she actually did this with multiple girls. She treated Laurel terribly on that show and made her experience there terrible - and was not sympathetic towards her feelings there until Laurel got eliminated. Then Nicole was all ~I’m so sorry~ and acting like she cared. :rolleyes: You don’t mess with and break Laurel’s heart and get away with it in my book. :/ I also  believe Nicole and Laurel first flirted and got together on one of those The Challenge seasons. But their relationship would go sour. And she did use two other girls on that show although it was moreso innocent flirting and not as toxic as her treatment of Laurel. 

But back to The Challenge, Nicole is a strong competitor and nothing takes that way from her. I am surprised she hasn’t been apart of more seasons. Even though she does annoy me (but so do many others) I wouldn’t mind her coming back on a future season.

Saving: Dee Nguyen (Still loved and rooted for her on her first 2 seasons….and that won’t change based on her time on the show.)

tenor.gif

Hunter Barfield

Hunter-Barfield-baby.jpg

Well I was more passionate about saving/cutting certain females this round so the guys feel more into it by default. This works greatly in Seasn’s favor and badly on Hunter’s favor sooo… sorry to Hunter. Hunter possibly could have been my guy save but I really wanted to eliminate Nicole sooo…. yeah sorry to Hunter there.

Hunter Barfield is a big name on The Challenge franchise in recent years (not icon or legend level though). Hunter was originally a contestant on Season 3’s Are You the One? He would then do 4 seasons of The Challenge which includes: Season 29’s Invasion of the Champions, Season 30’s XXX: Dirty 30, Season 32’s Final Reckoning and Season 33’s War of the Worlds. Hunter seemed to start off as a mixed bag as a competitor. I don’t really remember him starting off too well but he got better in his later seasons. He nearly made the final once and would actually win a season. Although that season he was partnered with Ashley Mitchell and…. yikes they were a hot mess all throughout that season. He treated her terribly an would degrade and down talk her which was awful. Ooh an d I see he slut shamed her too which is very yikes. So it was no surprise when she took the money from them as a team and he left with nothing. The thing I liked most about Hunter was that he was usually aligned with Cory & Nelson and I would usually like their alliance - or they would help me like Hunter. But met of the time I didn’t care for Hunter as he was often rude towards people and would be so whiny and such a crybaby when things wouldn’t go his way. Blah. I feel others could drag him better but oh well. Hunter does have 13 challenge wins under his belt with 4 elimination battle wins and 1 elimination loss as well. I also read he has become a father so congrats to him on that. He’s another one i wouldn’t mind seeing again on a future season but I would be fine if these were the 4 seasons he did.

Saving: Sean Lineker (Oops he didn’t last long but he can thank Dee for his save. But i remember liking and feeling bad for him on the short time he was on the show for.)

0_Screen-Shot-2019-08-29-at-032149-copy.

Nathan Blackburn

latest?cb=20150701043027

God I continue to hate that my notes from the seasons before Fresh Meat are gone forever thanks to IDF's purge. I do remember disliking Nathan though because he was a dick to Coral in the finale of The Gauntlet so I feel justified cutting him. Nathan is a true OG of MTV reality television. He started off on Real World: Seattle one of the earliest seasons of The Real World. He also did RW/RR Challenge. One of those challenges with no eliminations that I never watched because, duh, I wanna see people get kicked off! He then competed on The Real World team in The Gauntlet which I did watch! Like I said, he tried kicking all the girls off the team (as many men tend to do), but Coral stood up to him. When she nearly died in the finale, Nathan treated her poorly and yelled at her and felt justified in his belief that all the women should've gone. I don't stand for that (even though anyone, even a guy, could've gotten that spider bite).

Save Ashley

Montana McGlynn

latest?cb=20150727231204

Another MTV og. Montana originated from Real World Boston and also did the RW/RR Challenge and The Gauntlet like Nathan, on the same team as him both times. She won the first season with him that I did not watch, but did poorly the second time around. I kind of want to say she got eliminated because she was older than everyone....but I could just be making that up lol. I also want to say she was close with Queen Sarah Greyson, but I could just be making that up as well idk. She came back seasons later for Gauntlet II though and had a much longer ride on the show. I do remember her as an enemy of the amazing Beth Stolarczyk. While Montana was determined to take her down, Beth beat her in elimination and won the battle :wub:. Beth went on to be a legend while Montana is a forgotten nobody. She will always be known for being 0 for 2 in eliminations and losing to legends Katie and Beth though!

Save Shane

Linette Gallo (Fresh Meat)

340?cb=20180628062135

Linette was such a knockout beauty omfg. I really enjoyed Linette, despite her being a really small presence on the show. I wish I could say she made an impact on the season, but I would be lying. LOL. Most of the Fresh Meat rookies were terrible casting choices to be very honest. Linette was super sweet, but showed moments of having a super fiery temper. Like when she almost blew a gasket when Diem backstabbed her. LOL. I vaguely remember her getting into it with Casey at one point, presumably after she and Shane lost the Exile. But other than those random one-off moments, Linette was wallpaper. She never returned for another season, which is unfortunate given the people that did return for more season.

SAVING: Amanda Garcia

Eric "Big Easy" Banks (Fresh Meat)

screenshot_2.jpg?w=720

Big Easy competed on six seasons. SIX SEASONS. Actual legends have been cast less than him! WTF. Big Easy is a horrible competitor that is only redeemable through his lovely friendship with the icon, Katie Doyle. The BFF duo of the intimidatingly large Eric + tiny yet fiery Katie is hilarious and one of the more memorable aspects of Fresh Meat. Big Easy was the second to last male draft pick, and Katie picked him wisely over the very useless Ryan Kehoe. Their friendship throughout the season was super endearing! Big Easy just seemed like such a sweet and cool guy, far different from most of the trash that rolls through this show. The pair finally lost a challenge and were forced into Exile, where they were surely doomed since neither Katie nor Big Easy are endurance runners. Not to mention they packed 216 pounds of luggage. :wub:

Big Easy returned the following season on The Duel where he fared much better in the competition. Eric won the first challenge of the season and managed to defeat Tenderoni in an elimination! Eric was one of the five final guys standing in the competition even. Except Big Easy was in a pretty bad spot, considering he was part of the minority alliance group and was going up against one of CT/Evan/Brad/Wes in their primes. Eric selected Brad as his opponent in Pole Wrestle, which got him sent home. He still came across very likable, but added nothing to the season.

Eric would return for his third season in very controversial fashion. The Gauntlet III is a gutter-ass season, but the last thirty minutes of the season are so very glorious because of Big Easy. He alone gave us this moment, for which I will be forever grateful:

screenshot_3.jpg?w=621

Eric nearly dying in the finals because all of the Veteran men were too chicken sh*t to go up against him in an elimination, which in turn caused all of the piece of sh*t Veteran team to lose after an entire season of treating Legends Coral, Katie, and Beth like scum for absolutely zero reason. The stuff of legends. :wub:

I really felt for Eric during the reunion though, since these people legitimately stopped being his friends in real life (sans Brad, Coral, and Katie) due to his collapsing during the finals. I was definitely happy with the way he defended himself during the reunion. I was certain that he would never return though, but he made his fourth appearance on The Duel II. Eric is essentially a non-factor this season as well, never winning a challenge and staying drama-free. Eric is called into The Duel by Derek and loses during mid-season. He still has his friendship with Katie though!

Up until this point, Big Easy is just a sweet guy. Pretty much a non-factor. Things definitely changed during his fifth appearance on Cutthroat. Eric is selected to be part of the disastrous Blue Team. Eric is the last person drafted, which is definitely a bummer. More of a bummer was the massive argument he engaged in with Laurel, where she essentially verbally assaulted him in one of the most heartbreaking scenes ever. Remember when the producers actually forced Laurel to film a whole PSA apology that was aired?! YIKES. Big Easy became such a bootable underdog in that moment, after being disrespected to the crazies degree by Laurel and disregarded by his team. Apparently, Big Easy is not innocent in his fight with Laurel. But she definitely crossed a line with him. Big Easy was sent in to the third elimination against Vinny, and he won! Except he was thrown right back in the following week against Luke, where they played the slapping fly swatter game. :dead:

Big Easy went home really early, alongside his forever BFF Katie. His final challenge appearance is most definitely where he stops looking like the friendly guy he was always portrayed to be. Eric made his sixth and final appearance on Battle of the Season, where he was part of the really hodge-lodge Fresh Meat team that came in to replace Team Austin. Eric formed a really bizarre showmance with Devyn that actually extended for a brief period into real life. Except I think he treated Devyn really poorly because of his own insecurities about sucking so hard at the game. Eric went into the first Arena against Wes in an iconic Hall Brawl, where Big Easy steamrolled the f*ck out of Wes and rang the bell with his opponent's head. :dead:

Big Easy won that first elimination with ease. Though his continued storyline for his brief stint on the show was his inadequacy - feeling lesser because of his physical body size. Totally understandable. But he took his frustrations out on his teammates and Devyn, all of whom were trying to help him. Eric was sent in to the second elimination as well, but he was successful in defeating Danny & Melinda. Eric lasted until the fourth elimination, where he controversially quit during the middle of the elimination because he just had zero desire to continue to push himself. This lead to an epic meltdown from Camila, rightfully so, except she maybe went a little too hard on him. Eric was never seen on the show again.

source.gif

At least his failures on the show created some epic moments in the series' history. But I have no problem eliminating him!

SAVING: Ammo