Beyoncé Fan Thread

*Wallace

On 6/21/2022 at 4:00 PM, *Wallace said:

"Break My Soul" is already a JAM! :bobo: Should be big for the summer. ❤️ 

Wally! :wub: Heard this song on the radio today when I was driving to work and literally thought of you. :haha: I love it as well. :bobo:

22 minutes ago, Erestor said:

Wally! :wub: Heard this song on the radio today when I was driving to work and literally thought of you. :haha: I love it as well. :bobo:

Patryk! :w00twave:

But omgg LMAOO I love how you heard this on the radio and thought of me. Aww thanks, I feel sooo honored! :dead: :haha: But yayyy glad you love it! Suchh a jam! :bobo: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, *Wallace said:

Patryk! :w00twave:

But omgg LMAOO I love how you heard this on the radio and thought of me. Aww thanks, I feel sooo honored! :dead: :haha: But yayyy glad you love it! Suchh a jam! :bobo: 

I was like, Wally must be jammin' now! :haha: But yeah, so great to see her come back with such a catchy song! I sense a potential for your #1 song of the year. :haha::shiftywave:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Erestor said:

I was like, Wally must be jammin' now! :haha: But yeah, so great to see her come back with such a catchy song! I sense a potential for your #1 song of the year. :haha::shiftywave:

Ooooh hahaha you weren't totally wrong there. :haha: Ooh yes, I absolutely agree! ❤️ It's been sooo long. Bold prediction from you here..... which has me wondering, hmmm. :shiftywave:

• 3 weeks later...

Obsessed with this album already. Summer Renaissance is my early favorite... sampling another one of my all-time favourite artists, and favourite songs of all-time ❤️

ConsciousRareHound-size_restricted.gif

She snapped throughout though! Alien Superstar, Cuff It, Church Girl, Pure/Honey, Virgo's Groove, Cozy... the list goes on. Incredible :wub:

• Like 2

LOL I have been so excited about Renaissance all day today even though I didn't really have time to listen to it. :dead: But I did listen to it a couple of hours ago and yeahhh I do really love the album and think it's fantastic, of course! :wub: 

I think "Church Girl" stood out as my favorite. :bobo: But I loved tons others like "Cozy," "Coff It," "Summer Renaissance," "Plastic off the Sofa," Virgo's Groove," "Alien Superstar," "Thique," etc. And just pretty much really enjoyed everything! I tried ranking the songs but then it got difficult halfway through. :dead:  Definitely hoping to listen to the album more over the weekend and the next month to become more concrete in my ideas. :haha: But absolutely loving it and having Queen Bey back! :wub: 

3 minutes ago, FunkyFrankie said:

Apparently the album was leaked 

It was yesterday. :/ 

But the Beyhive chose to wait for its official release for today to listen to it, which I also did! :bobo: 

I listened to the album twice, loved it both times. But I want to put my thoughts somewhere so I might as well do it here, for references. :haha:

I'm That Girl - A good track to start off the album, but also not really a major standout. It has an interesting sound. It's interesting how the hook went off so fast but then it slowed down towards the end. I liked the harder sound at the start mixed with the slower sensual vocals that came in halfway through. Then towards the end, it got faster - kinda reminds me of Flawless or stuff from the Beyoncé album.

Cozy - I love the fun dancey vibe of this track.  Some of the lyrics makes me wonder if she was singing about Solange, like at the first verse. Lol I can't really recognize or point out the specific different dance/house genres she does through the album but I'm loving it. The chorus is so fun and catchy! Comfortable in my skin! Cozy with who I am! :bobo: I love the whole feel of the song and it was really fun how the beat was speeding up at the end.

Alien Superstar - This has a fun house/dance feel to it. I love the slick and sassy attitude she brings on the verses.  Then she sounds beautiful on the pre-chorus and chorus sections of the song. Love the fast singing/rapping on the second verse, which is a lot of fun! :bobo: I like the breathy slower feel of the song towards the end.

Cuff It - Ooooh this is such a funky jam here! Love the old school disco funk feel of the song here. It has such an easy going groovy feel to it. :bobo: The chorus is so fun and catchy and lol some of the lyrics do crack me up with the whole ~we gonna f something up tonight~ and all. :haha:  Love her vocals here and this song just has a great feel to it! :bobo: I can hear some "Blow" comparisons to this. I think this is a song that stands out that could be a good single choice.

Energy - I like the feel of this song and it gives off a cool energy. It kinda starts off slower but it gets fun and jammy as it progresses. I do love that "Ooh la la la, that's the way them boys sound when i walk through the block" part. I'm conflicted on the Big Freedia part on this song because sometimes I like it for the feel of the song but sometimes it goes a bit long and makes me want more Bey. :haha: Guess it's something I'll have to get used to like with BMS though I was always fine with Big Freedia on there.

Break My Soul - The song we have all known for over a month. An absolute and such a killer fun catchy jam here that I love a ton! :bobo:

Church Girl - LOL I was not expecting this song to sound like this when I saw the title of it. :dead: It has a nice Gospel feel at the very start. I love how she sings the opening verse with such strong and powerful vocals. It's like you can tell something is really building up. And then it toally gets that way when she  sings those "I'll drop it like a thotty, pop it like a thotty." :bobo: LOLL that chorus section is so addicting and catchy. I love the attitude and sass she brings to that part. It's so fun and jammy! :bobo: I can kinda get a B'Day / "Check On It" feel on this. I just love the whole sound and variations of this track - there's just so many changes, that it's like an event. This song stood out a lot to me on first listen and still does. Another song I really hope and would love to be a single.

Plastic off the Sofa - I feel like this song definitely needed to follow up "Church Girl" because definitely need something slower after that song. :haha: This is a really gorgeous sensual and stunning song. It has this smooth breezy R&B feel to it.  It reminds me of songs from the Dangerously In Love era. She sounds really lovely and angelic throughout, with her lead vocals and harmonies. ❤️ It does kinda feel out of place with the album as it sounds so different from everything else but I do really enjoy this!

Virgo's Groove - This has a really fun, feel good Disco groove to it. I love how this song has this slick entrance feel to it. I love the confidence and attitude she brings to the song. This kinda also gives me that "Blow" vibe here, but then I can also hear more Dangerously in Love sound to it too. Lol I just hear so much comparisons here but it's all so good. :haha: I do love her vocal delivery and all of the different vocal stylings she brings here. She really does hit some really sweet notes and runs towards the end. Whoaa, this is also a really long track at over 6 minutes, but it's in essence for how long Disco tracks here.

Move - This song has more of a Dancehall feel to it. LOL those "you have to move move move move" parts really crack me up. :dead: LOL I don't know why but some of the chorus reminds me of like her answer to Ludacris' "Move"? :haha: This song gives off a great fun hype but with attitude vibe to it. Then I like how the second verse has more of a breezy smooth feel to it especially with her vocals. I also really like the different sound of the bridge, with the vibing part? Ooh and it's cool how this song features Grace Jones and Tems. I feel like this is one that's already growing on me with more listens.

Heated - I liked the chill laidback feel and vibe of this song. She sounds really pretty here and the beat does have a good hard hitting feel to it. I enjoy the chorus, especially those "I gotta fan myself off" parts and well, all of those parts where she sings "I gotta..." I do like how the beat/feel of the song changes up around 2:38 or so a bit because I was wanting a little more variety and changes. And then yeah it really changed up on that last minute and half where it brought more of a dancehall feel to it. :bobo: Bey was sounding REALLY different there and omggg some of what she was singing was cracking me up. :dead: Definitely felt like two different tracks there. :haha: Aww it was sweet how she gave tribute to her Uncle Johnny at the end of the track, who was her uncle that passed.

Thique - LOL I had a feeling she would go off and get quite naughty on this track and definitely not surprised here.  She sounds hot with her deep rapsy voice at the start of the song. I do really like the second verse where it gets more of a vogue feel to it and how the song gets a little faster at that section. "That's that thique"  at around the middle of the song was reallly catchy! Then I love that part also at the middle of the song where she was singing really fast with that "that's that....." That was a really fun part! :bobo: The song slows down nicely towards the end after all of that jamming.

All Up In Your Mind - This song has kind of a grimey beat to it but she brings in some sexy confident vocals here. I don't really know how to describe it but I feel it has this slow gradual buildup and  I just really enjoy the feel of it. It reminds me of some other songs out there but I can't really think of it. Fun feel to it although with how amazing and outstanding all of these songs are, it's kinda struggling to stand out to me right now.

America Has a Problem - I definitely hear that 90s R&B / House feel to this song, especially with that opening beat. I like the fun feel of this song. It has a good mix of slower fun feels but then I love how she does some faster singing as the song progresses. Lol some of these lyrics do crack me up, specifically with her play on words with what she's singing. I like the feel and vibe of this song. :bobo:

Pure/Honey - This definitely gives off a House/Vogue feel. This has such a fun and danceable feel and groove to it. I love the confidence and leader vibe she gives off while singing what she's singing. Love those "Get yo money money," "Don't be funny with my money, honey" and all of those other parts. :bobo: The song does have that hype and built up vibe to it. I also love how the track switches up around at the middle and it gets even more jammier there. But I also love it where she really bring in those vocals at around 3:07 and she sounds great and pretty at those parts! Now I get more of a Disco feel at those parts.

Summer Renaissance - This song has a light, feel good and breezy feel to it especially at the start and whoa that pretty high note she hit. ❤️ But then I love how she mixes the softer lighter style with some hard hitting vocals/attitude a little after. This song gives off great Disco feel with some fun groove, sensual and sexiness all mixed up. She sounds really hot and stunning at certain parts of the song. :wub: Then other parts, she brings that funky attitude and slays it! This interpolates "I Feel Love" really well. I think it's a reallly strong track to close off the album.

(Very loose/rough) Rankings:
1. Church Girl
2. Cuff It 
3. Summer Renaissance
4. Cozy
5. Plastic off the Sofa
6. Alien Superstar
7. Virgo's Groove
8. Move
9. Thique
10. Pure/Honey
11. Heated
12. America Has a Problem
13. I'm That Girl
14. Energy
15. All Up In Your Mind

LOL this is really alll so tricky and difficult to rank the songs. :dead: I feel like I'll change my mind on these rankings on each listen (I already did on first to second listen). :haha: I didn't include "Break My Soul" as I kinda think it's unfair a song I already know really well amongst newer songs I am still getting to learn. :haha: 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Beyoncé recieved 9 Grammy Award nominations today! :wub: She's the most nominated artist this year. The award ceremony will happen on Sunday February 5th. Hopefully she can perform on there!

- Record Of The Year: 
BREAK MY SOUL
Beyoncé
Beyoncé, Terius "The-Dream" Gesteelde-Diamant, Jens Christian Isaksen & Christopher "Tricky" Stewart, producers; Brandon Harding, Chris McLaughlin & Stuart White, engineers/mixers; Colin Leonard, mastering engineer

- Album Of The Year
RENAISSANCE
Beyoncé
Beam, Grace Jones & Tems, featured artists; Jameil Aossey, Bah, Beam, Beyoncé, Bloodpop, Boi-1Da, Cadenza, Al Cres, Mike Dean, Honey Dijon, Kelman Duran, Harry Edwards, Terius "The-Dream" Gesteelde-Diamant, Ivor Guest, Guiltybeatz, Hit-Boy, Jens Christian Isaksen, Leven Kali, Lil Ju, MeLo-X, No I.D., NovaWav, Chris Penny, P2J, Rissi, S1a0, Raphael Saadiq, Neenyo, Skrillex, Luke Solomon, Christopher "Tricky" Stewart, Jahaan Sweet, Syd, Sevn Thomas, Sol Was & Stuart White, producers; Chi Coney, Russell Graham, Guiltybeatz, Brandon Harding, Hotae Alexander Jang, Chris McLaughlin, Delroy "Phatta" Pottinger, Andrea Roberts, Steve Rusch, Jabbar Stevens & Stuart White, engineers/mixers; Denisia "@Blu June" Andrews, Danielle Balbuena, Tyshane Thompson, Kevin Marquis Bellmon, Sydney Bennett, Beyoncé, Jerel Black, Michael Tucker, Atia Boggs p/k/a Ink, Dustin Bowie, David Debrandon Brown, S. Carter, Nija Charles, Sabrina Claudio, Solomon Fagenson Cole, Brittany "@Chi_Coney" Coney, Alexander Guy Cook, Lavar Coppin, Almando Cresso, Mike Dean, Saliou Diagne, Darius Dixson, Jocelyn Donald, Jordan Douglas, Aubrey Drake Graham, Kelman Duran, Terius "The-Dream" Gesteelde-Diamant, Dave Giles II, Derrick Carrington Gray, Nick Green, Larry Griffin Jr, Ronald Banful, Dave Hamelin, Aviel Calev Hirschfield, Chauncey Hollis, Jr., Ariowa Irosogie, Leven Kali, Ricky Lawson, Tizita Makuria, Julian Martrel Mason, Daniel Memmi, Cherdericka Nichols, Ernest "No I.D." Wilson, Temilade Openiyi, Patrick Paige II From The Internet, Jimi Stephen Payton, Christopher Lawrence Penny, Michael Pollack, Richard Isong, Honey Redmond, Derek Renfroe, Andrew Richardson, Morten Ristorp, Nile Rodgers, Oliver Rodigan, Freddie Ross, Raphael Saadiq, Matthew Samuels, Sean Seaton, Skrillex, Corece Smith, Luke Francis Matthew Solomon, Jabbar Stevens, Christopher A. Stewart, Jahaan Sweet, Rupert Thomas, Jr. & Jesse Wilson, songwriters; Colin Leonard, mastering engineer

- Song Of The Year
BREAK MY SOUL
Beyoncé, S. Carter, Terius "The-Dream" Gesteelde-Diamant & Christopher A. Stewart, songwriters (Beyoncé)

- Best Dance/Electronic Recording
BREAK MY SOUL
Beyoncé
Beyoncé, Terius "The-Dream" Gesteelde-Diamant, Jens Christian Isaksen & Christopher "Tricky" Stewart, producers; Stuart White, mixer

- Best Dance/Electronic Music Album
Renaissance
Beyoncé

- Best R&B Performance
VIRGO’S GROOVE
Beyoncé

- Best Traditional R&B Performance
PLASTIC OFF THE SOFA
Beyoncé

- Best R&B Song
CUFF IT
Denisia "Blu June" Andrews, Beyoncé, Mary Christine Brockert, Brittany "Chi" Coney, Terius "The-Dream" Gesteelde-Diamant, Morten Ristorp, Nile Rodgers & Raphael Saadiq, songwriters (Beyoncé)

- Best Song Written For Visual Media
Be Alive [From King Richard]
Beyoncé & Darius Scott Dixson, songwriters (Beyoncé)

Link: https://www.grammy.com/news/2023-grammy-nominations-complete-winners-nominees-list

• 2 months later...

I'm a few days late in posting this.... Beyoncé set the internet on fire with the announcement of the RENAISSANCE World Tour.

I also just saw she released the "Cuff It (Wetter Remix)" today, which has a totally different take on the song. 😮 It's like a slower R&B version of the song but I really enjoy the different take on it. ❤️ BTW the original version of it has been stuck in my head for weeks now. :haha: 

:wub: 

And another fun fact, for the upcoming Grammy awards, if Beyoncé wins 4 more Grammys, then she will be the most decorated Grammy award winner ever. 😮 Fingers crossed this can happen! ❤️ 

• Like 1

Oooh Beyoncé won some Grammys already at the pre-telecast? SLAY! :wub: OK I see she won for the Best Dance Recording so far! I'll tune in here and there to see if she wins more. :wub: 

Just need 3 more wins to be the most awarded Grammy winner! :ohyeah: