Kylie & Aric - 8 Points
Ricki-Lee & Jarryd - 6 Points
Anthony & Jessica - 4 Points
Kris & Shiobhan - 2 Points

Ā 
Kylie & Aric - ā€œMas Que Nadaā€ (Samba): 34
Grant & Lily - ā€œEverybody Wants to Rule the Worldā€ (Paso Doble): 39
Ricki-Lee & Jarryd - ā€œIā€™m Not the Only Oneā€ (Rumba): 35
Anthony & Jessica - ā€œPuttinā€™ on the Ritz 2017 (Jazzy Radio Mix)ā€ (Quickstep): 35
Kris & Siobhan - ā€œMi Genteā€ (Samba): 23

Ā 

Overall Leaderboard:
Grant & Amanda - 39 + 10 = 49
Kylie & Aric - 34 + 8 = 42
Ricki-Lee & Jarryd - 35 + 6 = 41
Anthony & Jessica - 35 + 4 = 39
Kris & Siobhan - 23 + 2 = 25

Dance-Off:
Kylie & Aric vs. Anthony & Jessica vs. Kris & Siobhan - ā€œYouā€™ll Be Mine (Party Time)ā€ (Salsa)

Helen saved Kylie, Paul saved Anthony, Mark & Todd saved Kris. Kylie & Aric and Anthony & Jessica were eliminated.

We FINALLY get the CLEAR weakest dancer of the group in the bottom and the judges canā€™t manage to do the right thing and send them home. :wacko:Ā Ugh this is like the Manu being saved over Renee situation all over again. šŸ™‚Ā 

Ā 

The way they voted the same way with Jamie, Manu and Renee last year (Mark and Todd saving Manu the clearly weakest one, Helen saving Renee the woman, Paul saving Jamie the third one) šŸ˜’. Ā What a joke of a judging panel, they make Carrie Ann look consistent. Ā Even Sharna saving Ed over Chloe makes more sense compared to these judgesā€™ decisions.

5 hours ago, *Amanda said:

Spoilers Below

Ā 

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

Rock nā€™ Roll Marathon - ā€œJailhouse Rockā€/ā€œGreat Balls of Fireā€
Grant & Lily - 10 Points
Kylie & Aric - 8 Points
Ricki-Lee & Jarryd - 6 Points
Anthony & Jessica - 4 Points
Kris & Shiobhan - 2 Points

Ā 
Kylie & Aric - ā€œMas Que Nadaā€ (Samba): 34
Grant & Lily - ā€œEverybody Wants to Rule the Worldā€ (Paso Doble): 39
Ricki-Lee & Jarryd - ā€œIā€™m Not the Only Oneā€ (Rumba): 35
Anthony & Jessica - ā€œPuttinā€™ on the Ritz 2017 (Jazzy Radio Mix)ā€ (Quickstep): 35
Kris & Siobhan - ā€œMi Genteā€ (Samba): 23

Ā 

Overall Leaderboard:
Grant & Amanda - 39 + 10 = 49
Kylie & Aric - 34 + 8 = 42
Ricki-Lee & Jarryd - 35 + 6 = 41
Anthony & Jessica - 35 + 4 = 39
Kris & Siobhan - 23 + 2 = 25

Dance-Off:
Kylie & Aric vs. Anthony & Jessica vs. Kris & Siobhan - ā€œYouā€™ll Be Mine (Party Time)ā€ (Salsa)

Helen saved Kylie, Paul saved Anthony, Mark & Todd saved Kris. Kylie & Aric and Anthony & Jessica were eliminated.

We FINALLY get the CLEAR weakest dancer of the group in the bottom and the judges canā€™t manage to do the right thing and send them home. :wacko:Ā Ugh this is like the Manu being saved over Renee situation all over again. šŸ™‚Ā 

Ā 

The way they voted the same way with Jamie, Manu and Renee last year (Mark and Todd saving Manu the clearly weakest one, Helen saving Renee the woman, Paul saving Jamie the third one) šŸ˜’. Ā What a joke of a judging panel, they make Carrie Ann look consistent. Ā Even Sharna saving Ed over Chloe makes more sense compared to these judgesā€™ decisions.

On 3/16/2022 at 12:38 PM, Ariel1989 said:

Gerrardā€™s partner was actually Jess Raffa in her first season!

Ā 

Hope Ruby gets a contender next time after Matty J and Sam, sheā€™s proven to be a real professional in teaching them and challenging them to actually dance with her rather than her dancing around them to hide their weak dancing. Ā Thereā€™s still some past high-scoring male contestants to go around like Matthew Mitchum and Damien Leith. Ā 

Oooh thanks for this info here!

Ā 

Ah yes I agree with you on the Ruby comments. She's done well with her teaching as a Pro and she did actually help Matty J grow as a dancer (and he could have grown even more in a full season). Sam was kind of a loss cause, but I do appreciate she gave him a lot of content at least.

Ā 

Although as much as I enjoy these all-star seasons, I'm hoping for an all new cast in the next season.

• Like 1

Week 5 Thoughts!

Ā 

Ā 

Rock n' Roll Marathon: It's interesting how they have this Rock n' Roll marathon dance thing at the start of the show. LOL Grant's "2 points is pretty good" and Ricki-Lee's excitement of saying "let's play dirty" were some of the funniest moments of this intro video. :lmao: This is so hard to watch and dissect everyone here, but I feel I agree with most of the result. Anthony and Kris didn't stand out to much to me so I agreed with them being the first two out. Aww sad to see Ricki-Lee out 3rd but it wasn't an outrage as the Top 3 couples were all around the same level. Kylie did well getting 2nd and Grant was a lot of fun (and were deserved winners). This style really suited Grant's personality and dancing, so I get why he won.

Ā 

A clip of Danny Green's Foxtrot from Series 8 was shown. It was quite a steamy Foxtrot there.

Ā 

Kylie & Aric - Samba: Aww the intro was nice seeing how much her VW meant to her. Ooh she danced a Samba back on her original season where she got a 10 there. omg lol I love how she wants to do this show again when she's 75, haha. LOL that big lift Aric was trying to do and Kylie's reaction to it. :haha: Oh wow, Kylie looked reallly tall in this dance for some reason and like she was towering Aric. šŸ˜® Kylie did deliver a solid Samba here. She gave a really fun, sexy and flirty performance. She had good footwork, technique, bounce action, partnering work and danced it very well on a technical level. And she owned it well with her characterization, playing it in a cheeky and flirty way. Ooooh that last trick they did where she wrapped herself around Aric and he picked her up was areallly cool and impressive. šŸ˜® Omgg Sonia bringing up the wedgie that happened at the end. I would have never noticed if she didn't say that. :lmao: The mix of 8s and 9s seem fair here.Ā 

Adam Brand was the Series 9 winner and they played a clip of his dances. Oooh I remember watching his dances and he wasn't really good although his Tango looked good.

Ā 

Grant & Lily - Paso Doble: Well at least Grant isn't finally opening a show. :lmao: Aww yay I love his excitement for the Paso. Oh wow he had a perfect score for his original Paso in Season 4, The rehearsals were looking like a bit of a struggle and awww it was sad seeing Grant being so hard on himself there. Wow this is a whole other side of Grant that we haven't seen before this season. I love the fire, power and intenisty that he had in this dance! The partnering work was so strong and great, but Grant held his own on the soli side by side work. I reallly loved some of their side by side work at certain parts. There was sharp precise shaping and each of his moves was hit with power and attack. I did see a little spot where things got so intense, it looked like Grant dropped Lily a bit. Ooh I loved how theyh ended the dance in an intense way too. Such a strong and powerful routine! :omg: omg whoa Helen suggested Grant to do this show? That is realllly cool. šŸ˜® Wow one 9 and the rest are 10s? Fantastic scores but I can't fault them.

Ooh I really liked that Samba clip from Toni Pearen from Series 8, and ooo this was Henry's partner. Ooh the Jive was really fun too.

Ricki-Lee & Jarryd - Rumba: Ahh it's nice to see Ricki-Lee doing a slower and more sensual dance in the Rumba. It's so interesting how she has to unlearn her natural walking/strutting as a performer and do smoother Rumba walks. Oooh the rehearsing in the beach was really fun. I love how they did a Rumba to "I'm Not the Only One" and I am shocked that there haven't been more Rumbas to this song om various DWTS shows. This was reallly gorgeous and stunning from Ricki-Lee. :wub: First off, how she connected and emoted to the dance was beautiful and gave me chills. šŸ˜® But she danced this with grace, elegance and smoothness all the way through. She had lovely Rumba walks, lines and technique here. She handled all of the Rumba basics well and made it all look so natural. Aww Ricki-Lee talking about her sloth hands. :haha: This was a beautiful dance and I think it's her best one yet. So I am happy she got a 35.

Rachael Finch & Michael Miziner danced a Tango in the Series 10 clip. Ooh OMGG LOL Todd vs. Michael with the breaking hold in Tango and omg Michael's talking back and Todd calling him arrogant. Man, that was intense.

Anthony & Jessica - Quickstep: Anthony did a Quickstep back on his original season, where he had a 35 on Week 6 with the dance, and his original QS looked really good. Definitely has me curious if he can bring that standard to this Quickstep. LOL Anthony hearing "pudding" instead of "putting" for "Putting on the Ritz." :haha: It is sad how his past injurines flair up in these dances. Oooh wow they have a new modern version of the song. šŸ˜® I do really like this remix version. I think this was a good dance that really suited Anthony. He was good in hold and had a decent frame, although something about it felt kinda low? I don't know how to explain it. But he did move well, quick and light on his feet. He did well in hold but he was also quite lively and had a lot of fun on the side by side parts. He actually looked really happy and was having a blast here. The last lift was really great and lots of fun. The dance did kinda become more Showdance/Freestyle esque towards the end but it did really suit him. This was definitely his best dance. I think the 8s and 9s are fair, although I would go more on the 8 score.

Kris & Siobhan - Samba: lol Kris already scared of the Samba just by the name of it and then his reaction to getting some cuban dance shoes. :haha: Oooh I'm always here and love a "Mi Gente" Samba, although sadly this one was far from the best one I've seen. So yeah the Samba is supposed to be that hot dance. I thought Kris and Siobhan had good chemistry here. Kris did seem kinda awkward in the dance, where he would dance it in a stiff and jerky way and even seemed hunched in it with his posture. The hip action was lacking and not really there. He did execute that lift move well and I did kinda love those "freeze" moments where they froze for a bit. :giggle: The chemistry was there and they did look good together, at least. Siobhan was fierce. Kris did try and gave it a good effort with performing well and having fun, but the technique was not there. OMGG Todd accidentally calling Kris "Sam," was freaking hilarious. :dead: LOL Kris' comeback comments at Todd there was hilarious. I can pretty much agree with the judges that he did well with the top half and had great energy there but the bottom half with the footwork wasn't really there. Yikes at his falling over twice story that Sonia saw him do. Hmm I think the mix of 5 and 6's were fair.
Ā 

Rankings:
1. Grant & Lily - Paso Doble
2. Ricki-Lee & Jarryd - Rumba
3. Kylie & Aric - Samba
4. Anthony & Jessica - Quickstep
5. Kris & Siobhan - Samba

Ahhh loved Ricki-Lee's shocked reaction of being called safe first! :wub: But yeah, happy for Ricki-Lee and Grant being called safe first to the finale, as they gave my favorite dances of the night. Kylie & Aric, Anthony & Jessica and Kris & Siobhan were the Bottom 3 couples that had to partake in the Salsa dance-off. Now I am wondering why we are only having Salsa dance-offs? This is the 3rd one.... and we've had 3 dance-offs, lol.Ā 

Kylie & Aric, Anthony & Jessica and Kris & Siobhan Ā - Salsa dance-off: Kylie was really cute and looked like she was having fun in the Salsa. She did have one iffy moment at the start and it took a little bit for her to get her footing in, but she did bring good partnering work and good energy throughout the dance. :yes: Anthony's Salsa was pretty much the same as last time. Jessica was slaying and working it.... and Anthony showed up. lol He was a good supportive partner. He did partner her well but I would have liked seeing more rhythmic dancing and energy from him. At least he did some more towards the end and the last lift move was really cool. Kris' Salsa was kinda similar to his Samba. He was having great fun in the upper body, performed well with an energetic performance and looked like he was having a blast. The footwork and hip action wasn't the best. But the partnering work was good, as were the lifts. He did do better here than I expected. Mark voted to save Kris, Paul voted to save Anthony and Helen voted to save Kylie. Oooh gosh, so that meant it was down to Todd for the deciding vote, in which he saved Kris. So Kris & Siobhan made it through to the final, which I was not expecting. Hmmm I definitely would not have seen or expect Kris to make the finale (with Grant and Ricki-Lee) but congrats to him.Ā 

Aww sad to see Kylie & Aric go. Kylie did start off with an nice Cha-Cha, but really nailed her VW. I felt she had the most potential of the Bottom 3 and I would have liked seeing her once again. :( But she's done well getting this far! Anthony & Jessica, they did well. Or well, Anthony proved to be decent/good in ballroom but his Latin wasn't nearly as good. I think he's done well to get this fair and is a fair boot.Ā 
Ā 

Since it's been a few days and we can discuss openly.....

Ā 

I'm really worried for Olympia next week. :shiver: Only two of the Top 5 will be safe - and I would presume them to be Courtney and David. Then that would mean a Bottom 3 of Rob/Deni/Olympia. Then with how these judges vote, you just never know how they are going to vote. Just really hoping Courtney, David and Olympia can all make the Top 3 - although it would be nice to have Deni there, but ugh wish there was a way all 4 could make it. And I like Rob too but yeah he is the weak link of this group at this point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, *Amanda said:

It would be nice if we got Courtney, Olympia & David but I donā€™t trust the voters or judges after the nonsensical Bridie & Kylie eliminations this season. šŸ™‚Ā 

Ahh yeah that's what I fear, that there could definitely be a robbery amongst the judges decisions. Fingers crossed we're wrong.

Spoilers Below:

Ā 

Ā 

Charleston Relay - "Bang Bang"/"It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)"/"A Little Party Never Killed Nobody"
Courtney & Joshua - 10 points
David & Alexandra - 8 Points
Olympia & Gustavo - 6 Points
Deni & Lyu - 4 Points
Rob & Alarna - 2 Points

Ā 

Olympia & Gustavo - "Fever" (Foxtrot): 37
David & Alexandra - "Bohemian Rhapsody" (Contemporary): 40
Deni & Lyu - "Rise" (Paso Doble): 32
Courtney & Joshua - "Let There Be Love" (Foxtrot): 40
Rob & Alarna - "Love Songs Ain't for Us" (Viennese Waltz): 34

Overall Leaderboard
Courtney & Joshua - 40 + 10 = 50
David & Alexandra - 40 + 8 = 48
Olympia & Gustavo - 37 + 6 = 43
Deni & Lyu - 32 + 4 = 36
Rob & Alarna - 34 + 2 = 36

Dance-Off:
Olympia & Gustavo vs. Deni & Lyu vs. Rob & Alarna - Salsa (Wikipedia doesn't say what song they danced to)

Mark & Paul voted to save Olympia. Helen & Todd voted to save Deni. Deni ultimately got to stay, so obviously one of Todd or Helen is this show's "Head Judge" and their vote carries more weight so the tie can be broken. UGH what we all feared would happen happened.Ā šŸ˜­Ā Olympia is now the Sabrina Bryan of Australia, being a 2-time Robbed Queen. šŸ’”Ā This goes without saying, but this ~head judge~ nonsense on 4-person panels like here, Strictly and the US needs to go away. Why does one judge's opinion get to carry more weight than the other 3? :wacko:Ā 

My theory: They wanted wildcards in the finals this season after they all got shut out last season (which, uh, could've been avoided if you had just voted logically last season and saved Renee - the best wildcard across both seasons - instead of Manu. :rolleyes:Ā ) We didn't need BOTH Deni and Kris, choose one. Kylie and Olympia were more deserving of the finals. Although Deni is good, I'm just upset Olympia missed out AGAIN. :(Ā 

Ā 

So, that means the finalists are Ricki-Lee, Grant, Courtney, David, Deni & Kris. And honestly, any of them EXCEPT Kris make a good winner. So let's avoid the B*bby B*nes situation here, please.

Ā 

Edited by *Amanda
  • Confused 1

Ā 

Oooof I sadly called it that if Olympia landed in the Bottom 3, I knew she would be in danger of going. It's crazy how this isn't shocking to see now, with how the last few eliminations have been. But it is still very sad and upsetting.

:(Ā I was hoping for Olympia to get her redemption to make it to the final, at least.

Ā 

Deni is good and deserving of making it to the finals but with the group she was in, I do feel Olympia was more deserving. BUT I will see how the dance off went to see if that changes my mind somehow.

Ā 

And yeah I was also thinking that the judges wanted one, or likely two, wildcards in the Finals to give the wildcards a chance and not make this twist a fail.
Ā 

Ā 

Oooh a correction Amanda...

Ā 

Ā 

Sam was eliminated... about 2 weeks ago. I believe you mean Kris as the finalist.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Week 6 Thoughts!

Ā 

Ā 

Charleston Dance Marathon: Oooh a Charleston dance marathon is really fun! The intro video clip was a lot of fun to watch. Rob was especially cracking me up in that. :haha: Ā This was a lot of fun to watch. I thought everyone did well and was a lot of fun with their dancing & performing. It was hard to judge it as usual, but I think the results were more or less fair. Rob did seem the weakest with Deni a bit stronger - but agreed with those two going out first and second. Olympia was 3rd, David 2nd and Courtney 1st. All gave entertaining performances and yeah think I agree with those results. LOL Courtney mentioning Rob beating her in Australian Idol back in 2003. :dead:

Lol at this Todd McKenney clip with his guest performances on the show.

Olympia & Gustavo - Foxtrot: Ugh this intro of how Olympia topped the leaderboard one week and got eliminated the following. That sounds so foreshadowing. Aww their intro video was really nice and sweet and awww Olympia not wanting the show to end. Oooh I always love a "Fever" Foxtrot and this was no different. This was quite a steamy and sexy Foxtrot, but Olympia also danced it with great grace and elegance. She had a really good frame and moved well in hold. She had good rise and fall in her footwork. But I loved the acting chops and drama that she brought to the dance! And oh wow that ending was quite steamy too. But yeah this was a gorgeous and really hot Foxtrot! A 37 is a great score, but I wouldn't have minded one more 10 so it could have been evenly split with 9s and 10s.

That was a lovely Waltz they showed of Tony Barber & Melanie Hooper from Season 13!

David & Alexandra - Contemporary: Ooof, so David's Contemporary theme is based on depression, so this is going to be a very deep and emotional dance. David got to connect with this even though he mentioned how he had to hide his emotion in his football career. Wow such an interesting and unexpected cover of BoRhap here. This was a really powerful, beautiful and moving routine. David really commited to the character and emotion of the dance. He danced every move with emotion to it. He danced really well on a strong technical level and partnerd Alexandrea really well. I also loved the usage of props of how they danced with the chair and the table. I can't really remember seeing this side of David but it was really moving. šŸ˜¢ā¤ļø LOL Todd's comments of hating David dancing like that with no dance experience. Ā And also LOL Sonia making David do the worm again. I totally saw this dance getting a 40 but it was very deserving.Ā 

A fun clip of Daryl Somers drumming with the DWTS band.... that was fun.Ā 

Deni & Lyu - Paso Doble: Lol I love this rehearsal video of how Deni was wanting to take this dance seriously but then they showed all of those funny bloopers of them here. :haha: She admitted to having some struggles here. Ooh awww nice that she got to celebrate her 51st birthday with Lyu in rehearsals. LOL her body/husband comment. Ooooh they had some tribal theme for this Paso, which I was not expecting. And ugh I do not like "Rise" for a Paso, as that song just does not work for me for that style. Well, this was better than Dami Im's version, at least. Hmmm this was okay but I wasn't reallly feeling this too much or as much as I was hoping. :( She danced decently and had good technique. But something felt off with her here. :unsure: She didn't seem to perform it with her usual confidence and was looking down a lot with her partnering and looking down at her footwork. I did like some parts, but I did feel it lacked some strength and power that the style does require. I kinda agree with Todd that she did seem focused more on the steps but lost the character. All 8s are fine and not mad about that, though I wouldn't have minded a few 7s. Aww I felt sad at Deni saying she feels she may be dancing off tonight. :(Ā 

Oh my.... the Mark Holden dance clip from Season 14 in 2014. Ā The first dance was fine that they showed.... it wasn't good but fine to show. I was hoping they wouldn't show that disaster clown Jazz routine but OF CORUSE they had to, as it scored a 4 (1 from each judge). :dead:

Shane (Courtney) & Josh - Foxtrot: Oooh it was exciting hearing Courtney wanting to give the judges what they never saw before. Aww okay, so we got to see more into Courtney's childhood and life as Shane. Oooh also really interesting how Courtney will be singing while Shane will be dancing in this. It's always nice when Courtney switches it up and dances as Shane. Oooh I loved the old school classy feel of this dance. Shane danced this really well and had a good frame and footwork throughout the dance. It was nice seeing this softer, elegant and delicate side of Shane. They moved and gelled as one really well and so smoothly. Shane Ā and Josh also had lovely and romatic chemistry to sell the dance. Very elegant and lovely Foxtrot - and I love how we saw two great but very different Foxtrots here. omg Sonia admitting to having her crush on Josh. :lmao: I am not surprised to see this getting a 40, but very well done to Shane there!Ā 

Rob & Alarna - Viennese Waltz: Oooh two ballroom dances back to back for Rob. But it was nice seeing how happy he was having another ballroom dance. lol his sandwich mention of learning the routine. :haha: This was a really nice and pretty VW from Rob. He led and partnered Alarna well here. He performed this really well and had some very nice chemistry with Alarna. He really sold that character so well. This dance had such a soft and dreamy-like quality to it. The lift was beautifully done. I think some of the footwork wasn't as strong or on point as it needed to be but it was still very good. Lovely dance and Rob is showing a good case of improvement, as this was his best dance yet. Kinda makes me sad this season is so short because he could show even more improvement on a longer season. I do agree with the mix of 8s and 9s, with the 34 total.

Rankings:
1. David & Alexandra - Contemporary
2. Shane/Courtney & Josh - Foxtrot
3. Olympia & Gustavo - Foxtrot
4. Rob & Alarna - Viennese Waltz
5. Deni & Lyu - Paso Doble

There were definitely no surprises about Courtney/Shane & Josh and David & Alexandra moving on into the finals. Both couples did an amazing job and are deserving finalists. So the Bottom 3 were: Olympia & Gustavo, Deni & Lyu and Rob & Alarna. And oh yay... ANOTHER Salsa dance-off. Can't they use any other dance styles for the dance-offs? :dead:

Olympia & Gustavo, Deni & Lyu and Rob & Alarna - Salsa Dance-Off: Olympia was really hot and fierce in this. :wub: She brought great partnering work, hip action and danced the routine really well. She had a good freeness to her movemenets. This was a really fun, confident and fiesty Salsa. LOL Gustavo's "let's go" screaming at the end.... he was so ampt. :dead: Deni definitely did much better with her Salsa here over her Paso. She has great rhythm and musicality. She did well with the partnering but shone more on the side by side content, which there was a lot more side by side work. Oooh ok the cartwheel was a fierce way to end this. Rob also gave a very good effort. He brought great energy and fun to the dance. I liked the partnering work. Ooof it's a shame that the big lift move kinda got botched when trying to do that - it started off well but then didn't end so well. But they moved on well from it. The Salsa probably did suit Rob the least as the hip action wasn't there as much. OMGG but that last lift and his face at the end.... was EVERYTHING. :dead: Was he shocked that move went well? :dead: Okay this was an all around strong Salsa dance-off and all the couples did well here. Mark & Paul voted for Olympia. Helen voted for Deni. Then Todd had the deciding vote to save Deni to put into the final. I do agree with Mark & Paul on voting for Olympia. Based solely on the dance off, I still do believe Olympia was the strongest performer. OMGG TODD..... Wow Todd admitted and was being completely honest in saying that Olympia should go through but said Deni should go through based on this dance. WHICH I GET.... the decision is based on the dance-off. But I kinda wish Todd just didn't explain it and put Deni through cause now I feel even worse for Olympia. :( At least Todd had some nice closing words for Olympia but.... I don't even know.Ā 

Rob did really well and did improve each week. I'm even sad to see him go as I really liked him, thought he was fun and a good dancer. But he was in such a stacked group and one of the weakest here so he's a fair choice to go. Glad he got this far. But ugh yeah, definitely sad and gutted for Olympia. She really did an amazing job throughout the season. And yeah I didn't really need or care for her to win per se, but she really did deserve a spot in the finals. So it's a shame to see her getting robbed and miss out on the final. :broken: Awww at how she was trying to hold back and not get emotional about the elimination. Aww. :broken:Ā 
Ā 

• Like 1

Ugh can we just do away with the dance-off and save/eliminate based on body of work like the US? Or at least have them redo the dance that got them in the bottom in the first place like Ireland/Strictly, if we must keep it?

Ā 

The fact that it comes down to ā€œonly the dance offā€ and ignores what they did the other 90% of the season is ridiculous. Especially when it seems like ā€œTHEY WERE THE MOST FUN!!!ā€ Is the most important thing to these judges.Ā LOL.Ā šŸ™‚Ā 

Edited by *Amanda
  • Like 1

Shame about Olympia not making it, very happy to see Courtney, Ricki-Lee and Deni all in the finals though! Pulling for Courtney especially just with how much she especially hasĀ slayedĀ it all season :omg:

Ā 

Lol I was kinda rooting for Kris as one of the only wildcards I knew but lmaooo how has he managed to make the final :dead:Ā These judges are too much!

Finale Spoilers:

Ā 

David & Alexandra - "Singin' in the Rain"/"Umbrella" (Freestyle): 40

Grant & Lily - "Uptown Funk" (Freestyle): 40

Ricki-Lee & Jarryd - "Do You Love Me" (Freestyle): 37

Deni & Lyu - "River" (Freestyle): 38

Courtney & Joshua - "Treat People With Kindness" (Freestyle): 40

Kris & Siobhan - "Beggin'" (Freestyle): 34

Ā 

Not surprised that Kris scored significantly higher on the dance that's a free-for-all with no actual ballroom requirements. Everyone but Kris got at least one 10, they really weren't joking when they said most 10's ever handed out during a season. :dead:Ā Sad that Rick-Lee couldn't manage a 40 at least once this season, though. :(Ā 

Ā 

Top 2 was Grant & Lily and Courtney & Joshua, with Grant & Lily winning.

Ā 

Not my pick to win (I was pulling for Courtney or Ricki-Lee) but he did really good this season barring his first dance. At least Kris didn't win. Also, this is Lily's first win. UGH Courtney being a 2-time runner-up when she slayed both of her seasons doesn't feel right though. :(Ā 

Ā 

Although Australia continues to have a HUGE issue with the dismally low number of female winners. Only 6 in 19 seasons is a big yikes. Hopefully if we get another season, a female will pull off the win.

12 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

Finale Spoilers:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā  Hide contents

David & Alexandra - "Singin' in the Rain"/"Umbrella" (Freestyle): 40

Ā 

Grant & Lily - "Uptown Funk" (Freestyle): 40

Ricki-Lee & Jarryd - "Do You Love Me" (Freestyle): 37

Deni & Lyu - "River" (Freestyle): 38

Courtney & Joshua - "Treat People With Kindness" (Freestyle): 40

Kris & Siobhan - "Beggin'" (Freestyle): 34

Ā 

Not surprised that Kris scored significantly higher on the dance that's a free-for-all with no actual ballroom requirements. Everyone but Kris got at least one 10, they really weren't joking when they said most 10's ever handed out during a season. :dead:Ā Sad that Rick-Lee couldn't manage a 40 at least once this season, though. :(Ā 

Ā 

Top 2 was Grant & Lily and Courtney & Joshua, with Grant & Lily winning.

Ā 

Not my pick to win (I was pulling for Courtney or Ricki-Lee) but he did really good this season barring his first dance. At least Kris didn't win. Also, this is Lily's first win. UGH Courtney being a 2-time runner-up when she slayed both of her seasons doesn't feel right though. :(Ā 

Ā 

Although Australia continues to have a HUGE issue with the dismally low number of female winners. Only 6 in 19 seasons is a big yikes. Hopefully if we get another season, a female will pull off the win.

Ā 

Ā 

Glad I didnā€™t torture myself and finish watching this season. Ā They really hate talented women over there donā€™t they? Ā Eliminating Renee, Bridie, Kylie and Olympia over Manu, Kouta, Kris and to a lesser extent Deni? Ā Letā€™s also not forget Todd wanting to save Matty J over Kyly! Ā This whole season felt so manipulated to get one of Grant, Courtney and David to win (I wouldnā€™t have minded Courtney or David though). Ā That feels like the only reasoning behind Kris and Deniā€™s presences in the finale and Ricki-Leeā€™s constant underscoring. Ā Poor Courtney, 2-time runner-up, sheā€™s the Allison Harvard of DWTS. Ā If they have to bring this inferior revival back, just have all new contestants to keep it less biased for network favorites (be them either all-stars or wildcards). Ā Maybe even get a less senile judging panel? (No offense to the seniors with good taste)

• Like 2

Ugh. This season had so much potent but the judges really did their best to ruin it every step of the way. šŸ™‚Ā I was so excited for it with such a flawless lineup of female all-stars..,and then THIS is what we got. So many issues that need to be fixed and can be if we just switch up the judging panel.

• Like 2