The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

istersay

21 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

The left is absolutely losing their minds over today’s announcement of Florida’s new Surgeon General. There are even racist comments coming from the left. 

Well looks like he is a bit of a nut. Anyone remotely associated with Stella"demon sex" Immanuel I wouldnt pick. From the Orlando Sentinel:

For starters, the new surgeon general took part in a news conference in July 2020 — organized by a group called America’s Frontline Doctors — on the steps of the U.S. Supreme Court building to promote hydroxychloroquine as a cure for COVID (it’s not).

Ladapo was among those doctors in their white lab coats, as was Dr. Stella Immanuel, she of the demon dream sex theory. Another participant was the group’s founder, Dr. Simone Gold, who also has been charged in connection with the Jan. 6 siege of the U.S. Capitol by Donald Trump’s supporters.

25 minutes ago, sneaky said:

Well looks like he is a bit of a nut. Anyone remotely associated with Stella"demon sex" Immanuel I wouldnt pick. From the Orlando Sentinel:

For starters, the new surgeon general took part in a news conference in July 2020 — organized by a group called America’s Frontline Doctors — on the steps of the U.S. Supreme Court building to promote hydroxychloroquine as a cure for COVID (it’s not).

Ladapo was among those doctors in their white lab coats, as was Dr. Stella Immanuel, she of the demon dream sex theory. Another participant was the group’s founder, Dr. Simone Gold, who also has been charged in connection with the Jan. 6 siege of the U.S. Capitol by Donald Trump’s supporters.

If he’s a nut, he’s a nut with an impressive resume, including a Harvard medical degree, and a Harvard PhD. He’s opposed to mask and vaccine mandates and lock downs, so I’m not surprised by the opposition from the left and the media. BTW, based on comments you’ve made in the past, I don’t have you pegged as pro-mandate or pro-lockdown. 

Edited by TeamAudra

18 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

If he’s a nut, he’s a nut with an impressive resume, including a Harvard medical degree, and a Harvard PhD. He’s opposed to mask and vaccine mandates and lock downs, so I’m not surprised by the opposition from the left and the media. BTW, based on comments you’ve made in the past, I don’t have you pegged as pro-mandate or pro-lockdown. 

For the mandates I think they should be dropped for the most part. I'm not sure about kids since they cant be vaccinated but I see both sides as this could be hurting their mental health being masked every day for years. And for the government enforced vaccines I'm fine with that.  I use the uno reverse card and if people dont like it then maybe other people didnt like getting fired over their sexual orientation😉

11 minutes ago, sneaky said:

For the mandates I think they should be dropped for the most part. I'm not sure about kids since they cant be vaccinated but I see both sides as this could be hurting their mental health being masked every day for years. And for the government enforced vaccines I'm fine with that.  I use the uno reverse card and if people dont like it then maybe other people didnt like getting fired over their sexual orientation😉

I mean…this is what you said two months ago, and you were right. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not against the vaccine. I’d get it again, knowing what I know now. Probably not the booster, though. 

MNMa1Os.png

Edited by TeamAudra

7 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I mean…this is what you said two months ago, and you were right. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not against the vaccine. I’d get it again, knowing what I know now. Probably not the booster, though. 

MNMa1Os.png

The way it was presented was more so along the lines of it preventing covid rather than usually just lessening symptoms. I guess I feel like even though the vaccine is far from perfect its a net positive or at the worst neutral so I dont get the uproar about getting it. But i obviously dont think you can mandate the vaccine to the general public and I'm over masks.

22 minutes ago, sneaky said:

The way it was presented was more so along the lines of it preventing covid rather than usually just lessening symptoms. I guess I feel like even though the vaccine is far from perfect its a net positive or at the worst neutral so I dont get the uproar about getting it. But i obviously dont think you can mandate the vaccine to the general public and I'm over masks.

Yeah, it doesn’t stop people from getting covid or even spreading it. The  lower odds of severe symptoms is good enough for me, but like you said, that’s not how they sold it to us, and they’re still downplaying the breakthrough cases, which results in a lot of people thinking they are bulletproof. That’s one reason the treatment options are essential. 

Edited by TeamAudra

Meanwhile, in Connecticut and Massachusetts…

“….The Association represents nearly 60 companies. A recent survey shows a snapshot of those who responded:

• 1,558 of the drivers are unvaccinated
  • 1,331 will take COVID tests
  • 227 of those drivers are refusing to test weekly 

In nearby Massachusetts, the National Guard was called in by the governor to help drive the kids to school. News 8 has learned our state has “other carriers” waiting in the wings…”

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Anyone besides me see the pattern? We’ll, yeah…of course you do. Is he going to be able to keep doing this for the next 3 1/2 years?

You're assuming he'll be there for 3 1/2 years (Harris could invoke the 25th).  And even if by some miracle he'd be able to finish out his term, I think refusing to take questions from the media would be the least of our concerns.

We have a spreading 4th world "country" on our southern border, rising gas prices, rising food prices, rising crimes in many cities, worsening inflation (printing more money lowers the value of the dollar), assault on our civil liberties with mandates and restrictions (medical tyranny), more infringement of the 2nd amendment rights (red flag law in the latest NDAA); these are just some of the issues that the main media aren't talking about but are real problems facing our country right now.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, season1 said:

You're assuming he'll be there for 3 1/2 years (Harris could invoke the 25th).  And even if by some miracle he'd be able to finish out his term, I think refusing to take questions from the media would be the least of our concerns.

We have a spreading 4th world "country" on our southern border, rising gas prices, rising food prices, rising crimes in many cities, worsening inflation (printing more money lowers the value of the dollar), assault on our civil liberties with mandates and restrictions (medical tyranny), more infringement of the 2nd amendment rights (red flag law in the latest NDAA); these are just some of the issues that the main media aren't talking about but are real problems facing our country right now.

I don’t think he will make it through his full term either. I’m not sure about Harris invoking the 25th, though. I think it’s more likely Biden would resign. He can’t be enjoying this much. He makes it clear to all that his handlers won’t let him take questions. Imagine how controlling they are behind the scenes. He doesn’t run shit. They just tell him what to say. Most of the time, he can’t even read a prepared speech without messing it up. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I don’t think he will make it through his full term either. I’m not sure about Harris invoking the 25th, though. I think it’s more likely Biden would resign. He can’t be enjoying this much. He makes it clear to all that his handlers won’t let him take questions. Imagine how controlling they are behind the scenes. He doesn’t run shit. They just tell him what to say. Most of the time, he can’t even read a prepared speech without messing it up. 

I doubt he's "there" most of the time to enjoy or detest his situation.  To get through a few minutes of "speech", they probably spent hours to prepare. It would have been easier for everybody if they just simply flip the prompter around and let us read whatever they typed for him to say.

• Haha 1

Needless to say, they won’t be able to replace those people. It’s not as though there are thousands of health care workers sitting around looking for work. Just wait until we get closer to the deadlines for public and private employers to comply. It’s going to be BAD. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Needless to say, they won’t be able to replace those people. It’s not as though there are thousands of health care workers sitting around looking for work. Just wait until we get closer to the deadlines for public and private employers to comply. It’s going to be BAD. 

And next week, they'll be running to the media to hyperventilate about how they're overwhelmed and "ICU is full!!!" After they closed 1/2 of the ICU wing and other sections of the hospital due to lack of staff, and not a mention of that little inconvenient fact.

• Like 1