Who Sung It Best: Amy Winehouse Edition (Valerie, back to black, you know I'm no good)

Hsamid

Pick one  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Back to black

2. 2. You know I'm no good

• Jess Kellner/Taylor Beckham
    • Anna Grace/Ainae
    • Loren Allred
    • Kelsea Johnson
    • Pip
  3. 3. Valerie

• Amanda Brown
    • Raquel Trinidad
    • Michael Sanchez/Dave Moisan
    • Marina Chello/Ricky Duran
    • Dylan Chambers
    • Selina Carrera

Posted (edited)

In honor of an amateur Amy Winehouse film I came across, it inspired me to make this thread since there has been a ton of professional sounding, movie star quality, winehouse covers on the show. But who do you think has the best renditions of Valerie, you know I'm no good, and back to black?

There will be a thread on the overall best Amy winehouse cover on the show, but due to the amount of covers, let's pick the best of these 3 first.

Also, please let me know if I'm missing any, and don't vote if the whoever is missing wpuld have been your pick.

Edited by Hsamid

• Hsamid changed the title to Who Sung It Best: Amy Winehouse Edition (Valerie, back to black, you know I'm no good)

Back to Black Covers

Valerie

You know I'm no good

Pip (Can't find actual performance)

28 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

In honor of an amateur Amy Winehouse film I came across, it inspired me to make this thread since there has been a ton of professional sounding, movie star quality, winehouse covers on the show. But who do you think has the best renditions of Valerie, you know I'm no good, and back to black?

There will be a thread on the overall best Amy winehouse cover on the show, but due to the amount of covers, let's pick the best of these 3 first.

Also, please let me know if I'm missing any, and don't vote if the whoever is missing wpuld have been your pick.

also @thevoiceisthetop how do you manage to find all the covers in your who sung it best series?

there's a song library thread

• Like 1

1. Jacquie - also I know we don’t like Sugar (I don’t generally either) but she was good here

2. Kelsea

3. Raquel tbh, I have to rewatch but I also remember liking Ricky/Marina here

1. Can't stand Jacquie's tone sometimes but don't mind it here. That said, JaRae. Her voice and stylistic choices bring the drama out of the song better imo.

Also Bryan Keith deserves some love especially since it was live. That was really good.

2. Loren easily.

3. Oof. Really hard

Michael and Dave's was the most soulful but I think Ricky and Marina did a better job actually dueting. Raquel's was fun and killed it in the original tempo. Flip a coin