What if coaches decided who advanced throughout the entire competition(no public voting)?

Hsamid

What if coaches decided who advanced nearly every round.  

27 members have voted

1. 1. If coaches picked who advanced, how would you want it to be?

• There are no teams and all 4 coaches work collectively to help contestants and decide who makes it through each round
    • Teams remain, each coach picks who on their team goes through. Only the finale gets public voting
    • Same as above, except in the finale, all 4 coaches get 2 votes (since most coaches would vote for their contestant) but can't vote for the same contestant twice.
  2. 2. Which coaches would you want for the 1st poll options and who would you want to serve as tiebreaker/mentor? (Pick only 5 please)

• John Legend
    • Kelly Clarkson
    • Blake Shelton
    • Jennifer Hudson
    • Miley Cyrus
    • Camilla Cabello
    • Adam Levine
    • Christina Aguilera
    • Reba Macintire
    • Niall Horan
    • Alicia Keys
    • Gwen Stefani
    • Pharrell Williams
    • Ariana Grande
    • Other (say in post)
  3. 3. Would you take any of the 3 options in the 1st poll over the current format?

• Yes to all of them
    • No to all of them
    • Yes to option 1
    • Yes to option 2
    • Yes to option 3
    • Yes to option 1 and 2
    • Yes to options 1 and 3
    • Yes to options 2 and 3

Was wondering how the show if everything was up to the coaches.

To clarify a few things.

Since there would be a few ties (specifically battle rounds) with only 4 coaches, they would bring in a 5th coach who would serve as the tie breaker and also mentor throughout the season.

In the 1st poll regarding option 2. Coaches would probably still think strategically on who would ultimately get the win once public voting shows up in finale night. 

Feel free to share your general thoughts on the idea of no public voting and the 4 coaches deciding everything.

Edited by Hsamid

Whoops, forgot to make the 2nd question multi choice. Changed now.

Also idk bout yall. But I'd be down with the coaches deciding who advances every round. There's definitely gonna be some mind boggling decisions with coaches getting attached to contestants, but I still trust them more than the public to advance the better singer/performance.

Yeah I feel like the initial purpose of voting was that it would reflect who America listens to, potentially even after the show, but with the audience getting so niche and hardly anything happens with contestants after the show anyway I think it’s worth reconsidering. I do like the drama of public voting though and seems to be working decently better with the one vote rule.

• Like 1

One part of me wants the coaches to stay out of the advancements after the KOs, I like being able to vote on who moves on.

However since the audience chooses the same types of people 95% of the time, I think the coaches deciding the whole season could make things more interesting.

I'm surprised the 2nd choice of the 1st question is winning, I think this show it too reliant on the team factor and would be much more beneficial if all coaches could mentor all the singers.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, QueenMae16 said:

One part of me wants the coaches to stay out of the advancements after the KOs, I like being able to vote on who moves on.

However since the audience chooses the same types of people 95% of the time, I think the coaches deciding the whole season could make things more interesting.

I'm surprised the 2nd choice of the 1st question is winning, I think this show it too reliant on the team factor and would be much more beneficial if all coaches could mentor all the singers.

You'd think all the complaints about mediocre country singers making it too far over the years would want people voting for option 1 of the 1st poll..

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 1