The Undeserving

satyre

We know by now that young, cute and/or country are like platinum tickets. There is no excuse for Haven, Megan, Marybeth and Colin, consistently the four weakest singers since the top 26, to have been voted through, while far, far better singers like Nailyah and Lucy in particular weren't. Gee, I wonder if there's some kind of pattern here? Kaeyra and Olivia also deserved it way more than the four above. The young kids of Middle America vote for whom they identify with, but the whole point is that they're not going to identify with great singers who perform great music because they themselves are not great singers who know great music. 

P.S. Nailyah should have been the second judge's pick. If not her, Kaeyra and Olivia are both better than Nutsa, who relies on drama rather than great singing.

Edited by satyre
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• satyre changed the title to The Undeserving
1 hour ago, satyre said:

We know by now that young, cute and/or country are like platinum tickets. There is no excuse for Haven, Megan, Marybeth and Colin, consistently the four weakest singers since the top 26, to have been voted through, while far, far better singers like Nailyah and Lucy in particular weren't. Gee, I wonder if there's some kind of pattern here? Kaeyra and Olivia also deserved it way more than the four above. The young kids of Middle America vote for whom they identify with, but the whole point is that they're not going to identify with great singers who perform great music because they themselves are not great singers who know great music. 

P.S. Nailyah should have been the second judge's pick. If not her, Kaeyra and Olivia are both better than Nutsa, who relies on drama rather than great singing.

Lol marybeth and Megan do not belong in the same sentence as Haven and Colin.

Specifically Megan. I get people don't like the Christian songs (honeslty i dont either), but she hasn't missed a note since she's been in the comp. I can't say that for anyone else except Warren, Iam who aren't nearly as vocally dynamic.

• Like 2

Just now, nytsch said:

I’m a hater too but I actually thought she was not that bad this time :dead:

Idk, I'm not even following the show (I have watched just a couple of performances), but i come here when The Voice sub-forum becomes unbearable (a lot of the time lol). 

The meltdowns on here yesterday were pretty funny, ngl:giggle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Uh.... Why do you have to include Megan and Marybeth here????????

As for Haven... Uh..... She was doing okay when she did her originals, and sounded super off in her Showstopper and her Top 26 performance. She sounded decent in "Mean Girl" though.

For Colin:

I Dont Know Her Mariah Carey GIF

(Jk I liked his DOMO cover though, but his run kept me uninterested)

Edited by allistr
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3