• Christina Marie
  3. 3. Aint no way

• Sissuandra Lewis
    • Wendy Moten
    • Faith Sosene
    • Sasha Allen
    • Clare Cordell
    • Davon Fleming

Still gonna do the KO polls, but wanted to test if this idea would gain much traction. Might be the next project.

So the premise is doing the best rendition of for 3 songs. Except I'll be including international seasons of the voice!

Downside of this is I'll likely miss a few renditions because they don't appear in the search engine. Especially the ones in a different language. If I do, let me know and I'll add it into the poll, and if your favourite is missing, don't vote before I can add it!

That being said, here are the covers!

Aint no way

Because You Loved Me

Vision Of Love

52 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

I'm kinda shocked faith sosene has no votes in either categories, though it could be some didn't listen to her. But I thought she killed both renditions. Especially aint no way.

I was actually impressed with her Ain’t No Way cover when I watched it! But that was after I put in my votes. It was a pleasant surprise because I only knew her for the Whitney Houston battle and I always thought that was kinda messy.

• Like 1

Aint no way.

Faith, Sissuandra and Wendy are the main contenders here. Sissuandra has the most powerful belts, Wendy has the most pleasant tone and gives me the most feels, and Faith I think is the only one to sing it in the original key.

I have to go with Faith though i go back and forth between all 3. Love the headvoice at the end. Comparatively, Sissuandra's transition to headvoice was not as smooth, though it was powerful.

Because You loved me 

Khalea has my favourite tone, but vocally I don't think it's on the same level as Makenzie or Faith. Again, I have to go with Faith. She has a similar lighter, airy tone to Makenzie but more powerful while also executing the agility. I always thought if there was a weakness to Makenzie's voice, it's the lack of power in her belts, comparatively speaking.

Vision of love

Honestly, not the biggest fan of any of these renditions. All the performances had a few pitch issues. Diana's whistle was unpleasant, but the others don't even pull it off. So Diana ig?

So yeah. All my votes go to the Australian contestants lol. Not surprised, I've honestly been more impressed with them the last few years than I have the US contestants.

Edited by Hsamid

Oh international versions too, no wonder some of them looked unfamiliar lol. I’ll comment based on what I’ve seen, but gonna go back to watch the others before I vote.

Makenzie

Credit to her for doing all these huge diva songs, it wasn’t always perfect but she also attempted a lot of intricate stuff (J Hud was definitely the right coach for her). I remember Jeremy doing a nice job too, it was an improvement over his PO performance which I didn’t like.

Sisaundra

I always preferred Sisaundra over Wendy, idk why. I guess because the upper part of Wendy’s voice could be a little grating to my ears (kinda how I felt about her BA). Not that it’s bad, I’m respectful of how difficult it is to pull that off. But Sisaundra’s voice was more for me, I guess.

11 minutes ago, nytsch said:

Oh international versions too, no wonder some of them looked unfamiliar lol. I’ll comment based on what I’ve seen, but gonna go back to watch the others before I vote.

Makenzie

Credit to her for doing all these huge diva songs, it wasn’t always perfect but she also attempted a lot of intricate stuff (J Hud was definitely the right coach for her). I remember Jeremy doing a nice job too, it was an improvement over his PO performance which I didn’t like.

Sisaundra

I always preferred Sisaundra over Wendy, idk why. I guess because the upper part of Wendy’s voice could be a little grating to my ears (kinda how I felt about her BA). Not that it’s bad, I’m respectful of how difficult it is to pull that off. But Sisaundra’s voice was more for me, I guess.

I dont expect you to watch all of them lol, some are clearly a step below in comparison to the others but I didn't want to exclude them.

I'd say the ones worth watching for the international versions are Diana and both of Faith's renditions. Ofc, this is just my opinion though, as others that have commented prefer the ones I didn't mention and consider a "step below"