• Jason Warrior - I want you
    • Riley Elmore - Haven't met you yet.
  2. 2. Belle Jewel vs Christian Cuevas

• Christian Cuevas - Superstar
    • Belle Jewel - don't dream it's over
  3. 3. Michael Sanchez vs Sarayah

• Michael Sanchez - Just the two of us
    • Sarayah - Ain't nobody

Not many close KOs this season imo and one of the few that are I can't find the performance anywhere (Aaron Gibson's KO) not even sure if any of these 3 will be, but doing one for at least every season soo.

Riley Elmore vs Jason Warrior

Michael Sanchez vs Sa'rayah

Belle Jewel vs Christian Cuevas

1. Riley's performance was pretty good and wholesome, but I think Warrior's KO is really underrated. It's one of the few performances he takes a more subdued approach (for his standards) and utilizes falsetto  , and it sounds great. He's a great belter, but has very smooth clean vocals when he wants to use them.

2. Belle is very good, but Christian picked a great song, and his raspy, passionate tone works so well here. More power and range but just as good in the soft parts. Going by the votes here so far and how i never see him mentioned... dude is definitely underrated. But IDF loves to drown themselves in waffles.

3. Definitely the hardest choice.. at first Sa'Rayah was my pick but after repeatedly listening to Michael's KO as well, he ultimately won me over. I think the performance just flows a bit more smoothly, his tone stands out more, and he actually shows a different side to his voice that we didn't see in previous performances with the more aggressive vocals.

As good as sa'rayah is here, I think it's her weakest prelive performance. Its less dynamic than what came before and just more of what we know shes already good at. Don't get me wrong though, it's still a killer performance.

5 minutes ago, Ottoxxx said:

Same, I agree that Michael Sanchez was robbed, but it's not her fault

The hate Sa'rayah received was so dumb. Not that it would justify it, but you'd think she had a Carribean queen moment with all the nasty comments thrown at her. But no, it was still one of the best KOs of the season.

Blame the coaches for not using their save/steal or the producers for putting them in a late taping.

• Like 2

Jason vs Riley

This one was controversial based on Adam's decision, but I think most of us would agree that Jason actually won

Christian vs Belle

This was the first performance where I started to notice Christian. He chose the stronger song that fit his voice better imo. He got kinda inconsistent in the lives though.

Michael vs Sa'Rayah

No disrespect to Sa'Rayah, honestly they both should've gone through. But Michael's performance plus his artistry and coach fit with Alicia made him the better choice here imo.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Damn, I guess idf doesn't care for crooners..

It's a hard style to do without coming off karaoke imo. That said if anyone remembers Lowell Oakley, I thought his BA and battle were pretty great.

He actually could've done well sticking to the crooner style, but tried other styles and it didn't work. Then again, maybe that was the producers' doing...

56 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Damn, I guess idf doesn't care for crooners..

I can understand IDF not gravitating to crooners, I'm more puzzled as to why the Voice casting doesn't cast more crooners, especially with the demo we have right now. They would have thrived so much. Michael Buble can attest to this genre's hold on the soccer moms.

Oh and #MichaelSanchezwasRobbed, forever and ever, Amen.

4 hours ago, nytsch said:

It's a hard style to do without coming off karaoke imo. That said if anyone remembers Lowell Oakley, I thought his BA and battle were pretty great.

He actually could've done well sticking to the crooner style, but tried other styles and it didn't work. Then again, maybe that was the producers' doing...

Ah I remember Oakley. His audition was pretty damn good and his battle is one of my favourites of that season. There was controversy with him being picked over Kimberly and everyone seemed to think she demolished him, but I always thought they complemented each other well.

3 hours ago, Teraginn said:

I can understand IDF not gravitating to crooners, I'm more puzzled as to why the Voice casting doesn't cast more crooners, especially with the demo we have right now. They would have thrived so much. Michael Buble can attest to this genre's hold on the soccer moms.

Oh and #MichaelSanchezwasRobbed, forever and ever, Amen.

Good point. You'd think it would be right up the alley of this audience. But then again, crooners don't exactly have a good track record with the few that advance more than one round. 

14 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Good point. You'd think it would be right up the alley of this audience. But then again, crooners don't exactly have a good track record with the few that advance more than one round. 

The only crooners who made it to voting rounds are the teenage ones like Lowell Oakley, Riley Elmore and Peedy Chavis and IMO, they come off as inauthentic and cheesy because of their youth and life inexperience, so the demo never latched on to them. If we had a proper adult crooner like Michael Sanchez make it to lives, I'll bet they'd fare much better.

You can make a case for Zaxai being an adult crooner, but he's too melismatic and high-pitched compared to a typical crooner. I loved that guy though, it was a travesty when I lost him and Kameron on the same night.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Teraginn said:

The only crooners who made it to voting rounds are the teenage ones like Lowell Oakley, Riley Elmore and Peedy Chavis and IMO, they come off as inauthentic and cheesy because of their youth and life inexperience, so the demo never latched on to them. If we had a proper adult crooner like Michael Sanchez make it to lives, I'll bet they'd fare much better.

You can make a case for Zaxai being an adult crooner, but he's too melismatic and high-pitched compared to a typical crooner. I loved that guy though, it was a travesty when I lost him and Kameron on the same night.

Do you think if Frank Sinatra auditioned when he was in his 30’s with “My Way”, he’d have a shot at making the live shows?

I actually haven’t seen most of these prior to typing out this comment so I’ll just give all my first impressions here:

Riley Elmore vs Jason Warrior

- Riley’s performance was sweet but ultimately wasn’t my thing. Jason was more my speed but he was definitely overdoing it at times. Overall, I still choose Jason but I didn’t love him.

Belle Jewel vs Christian Cuevas

- That performance from Belle was pleasant but I wasn’t exactly moved? Christian had the more compelling showing imo, that slight rasp he has is great.

Michael Sanchez vs Sa’Rayah

- Enough has been said about Michael’s robbery, him going home after that performance should be considered a fourth-degree felony. Sa’Rayah was good too but Michael’s uniqueness pushes him over the edge for me.

• Like 1