DWTS 31 Week 8 - 90's Night Discussion

*Amanda

Just now, *Chris said:

I barely remember his journey.

So once was deja vu ? But like we mentioned, dance about losing someone or living with anxiety is not deja vu when it's been done more than twice. 

It's just like whenever there is a football player it's talked about how surprised they are light on their feet, when there's a paralympian, "I can't believe you can do this", when theres a deaf contestant, "i can't believe you can dance without hearing",

It's the notion, that each time they act when it's "groundbreaking", was Daniel's dance good? Yes, but the gimmick wasn't this groundbreaking idea.

Sorry once again I had an opinion.

1 minute ago, *Amanda said:

We can complain about how the women are treated on this show and STILL acknowledge when a man does a great job. (!) 

Or you could be like me and start the show late so you can fast forward through the judges and never hear their biases either way. 

1 minute ago, ILuvCarrie4eva said:

It's just like whenever there is a football player it's talked about how surprised they are light on their feet, when there's a paralympian, "I can't believe you can do this", when theres a deaf contestant, "i can't believe you can dance without hearing",

It's the notion, that each time they act when it's "groundbreaking", was Daniel's dance good? Yes, but the gimmick wasn't this groundbreaking idea.

Sorry once again I had an opinion.

Because visibility is important, especially on a show of this calibre and in the world of dancing, where they are incredibly underrepresented. 

• Like 1

Just now, ILuvCarrie4eva said:

Perfect example, Heidi does a great emotional dance, yet she won't get the same score Daniel does when they were equally good.

No one is disagreeing with you about the treatment the women are getting. 

1 minute ago, ILuvCarrie4eva said:

Perfect example, Heidi does a great emotional dance, yet she won't get the same score Daniel does when they were equally good.

Idk about equally :haha: Heidi’s been stronger this season but Daniel beat her tonight

• Like 2