♫ ♪ Omar Jose Cardona Fan Thread ♪ ♫

Hamza Tufail

There's many songs we want contestants to perform that havent been covered on the voice, but we know the likelihood of them actually performing it is low.

So I was thinking of songs that have been done sparingly on the show.

Aerosmith - Dream on

As far as I know, Amanda is the only one to do it, and her cover is iconic so it would be on everyone's minds if this were to happen. It's a hard song to sing but he might be able to pull it off. Besides, we don't have a male rendition of it on the show.

Queen - The show must go on.

I know Joshua performed it just last season but I think Omar's voice is even more suited for the song. This one I'm confident he can sing well.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jamescasaki said:

Omar said that he has lots of experience performing live, but he's still nervous for the lives as it's not like anything he did in the past.

He further added that Kim and Parijita are his favorites this season from TL and outside of Team Legend it's Morgan Myles. He said she's like his best friend here.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hsamid said:

There's many songs we want contestants to perform that havent been covered on the voice, but we know the likelihood of them actually performing it is low.

So I was thinking of songs that have been done sparingly on the show.

Aerosmith - Dream on

As far as I know, Amanda is the only one to do it, and her cover is iconic so it would be on everyone's minds if this were to happen. It's a hard song to sing but he might be able to pull it off. Besides, we don't have a male rendition of it on the show.

Queen - The show must go on.

I know Joshua performed it just last season but I think Omar's voice is even more suited for the song. This one I'm confident he can sing well.

Dream On is so difficult to sing especially for a male singer. But having said that, I think Omar can somehow manage it. He actually has a cover of it with VoicePlay on YouTube and it's gorgeous. My fav part about it was those freaking runs that he did.

He should have no problem singing "The Show Must Go On". It's right in his wheel-house.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Omar said that he has lots of experience performing live, but he's still nervous for the lives as it's not like anything he did in the past.

He further added that Kim and Parijita are his favorites this season from TL and outside of Team Legend it's Morgan Myles. He said she's like his best friend here.

Omar taking a liking to the 2 other best singers on Team John I see.

59 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Dream On is so difficult to sing especially for a male singer. But having said that, I think Omar can somehow manage it. He actually has a cover of it with VoicePlay on YouTube and it's gorgeous. My fav part about it was those freaking runs that he did.

He should have no problem singing "The Show Must Go On". It's right in his wheel-house.

Great cover. But yeah, different beast when your singing it solo, and the final note in dream on is always hard to nail.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Omar taking a liking to the 2 other best singers on Team John I see.

Great cover. But yeah, different beast when your singing it solo, and the final note in dream on is always hard to nail.

Yeah, singing it solo and live is always difficult.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ottoxxx said:

Added those on my The Voice App, hope he covers any of those soon.

He did visit Idolforums before the blinds. I hope he reads these newer posts as well. I mean he can slay these songs.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 3

Pre-season I was a bit skeptical about his appeal. I always knew peeps on YouTube are gonna call him one of the greatest ever, but I wasn't sure about Facebook... and IDF too. 

On Facebook, literally every comment under his performances is positive. His support on IDF is astonishing too. I'm surprised to see the amount of people that have him in their top 3 or 5.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 2

On 11/9/2022 at 2:44 PM, Hamza Tufail said:

I'm a bit busy these days, so I'm not active on Instagram. But, has he given any hints about his song for the Playoffs?

I'm trying to find clues but nothing so far.

I feel like he can go back to some classic rock song or take a turn and pick a ballad, to show range and get all those votes.

• Like 3

On 9/11/2022 at 10:59 AM, Omar Jose Cardona said:

Hi Everyone,

I wont be on here often but I just wanted to quickly get on here and thank you all for the support! I really appreciate it! Ive never had a fan thread about me so I was just wanted to come on here and express my gratitude! Thank you!!!!! 🙏🏾🙏🏾SZN22 LETS GO! 

Joining late but loved you! As a latino rocker as well I think it is too difficult to keep a lane on this show but hopefully you will avenge other rockers like Jake Haldenvang, Manny Cabo and Todd Michael Hall.

Some song suggestions that are rock, dramatic and fresh/not overdone on TV (besides Still Loving You as @Hamza Tufailsuggested):

Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen

Is this Love - Whitesnake

Can't Stop Loving You - Van Halen

Rock N Roll -  Led Zeppelin

Janie's Got a Gun - Aerosmith

Tears of the Dragon - Bruce Dickinson

Uprising - Muse

Chop Suey - System of a Down

In the End - Linkin Park 

Take on Me - A-Ha

• Like 3

On 11/7/2022 at 11:26 AM, pauwis said:

I repeat his audition over and over again because in that last note (when Camila turns her chair) sounds identicaly a famous singer and I can't figure out who.

I'm so stupid, I mean, they could be the same person.

adam lambert yes GIF by #XFactorAU

• Like 1