The Voice Norge 2022

Teraginn

Now, I'm done with this season.

- This format sucks, why don't they do the same playoffs format as The voice US, atleast full team perform together which is quite fair.

- All of my favorites gone again and I don't care whoever win that  season.

- Ane Marit and Tine were better than Sebastian and Kirsti.

- Alessandra and Ulrikke were affected by wrong song choices. Especially after Alessandra's Knockout performance which was best of the knockout.

- Thanks for great music ladies! 

• Sad 1

Team Matoma: Tara Bloch Vere - The Sound of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel vs Chris Lund - The Greatest Show from The Greatest Showman

Team Ina: Stian Akvik - To Where You Are by Josh Groban vs Jorgen Dahl Moe - Think Twice by Celine Dion

Team Yosef: Tuva Knutsen - good 4 u by Olivia Rodrigo vs Madeleine Tverberg - Arcade by Duncan Laurence

Team Espen: Niklas Jung Hansen - Evig eies - kun et darlig rykte by Henning Kvitnes vs Mathilde W. Taugard - Hunting High and Low by A-Ha

@Teraginn @Gustavo527

• Thanks 1

I'm a bit surprised that Tara is stomping on every other contenders. She's the only one singing like she wants to win.

I thought Jorgen is the one to beat, yeah he still is but he has been no difference after his world class audition. Boring song choices also.

Ok, they finally uploaded the performances in YouTube and this time i just disagreed with one result but it was like, a BIG disagreement, like, REALLY big.  

I'll wait until the performances are posted to give my thoughts.

LIVE SHOWS, Part 2!

Team Matoma

Tara Bloch-Vere - The Sound of Silence (Simon & Garfunkel) vs. Chris Lund - The Greatest Show (The Greatest Showman)

Team Ina

Stian Åkvik - To Where You Are (Josh Groban) vs. Jørgen Dahl Moe - Think Twice (Celine Dion)

Team Yosef

Tuva Knutsen - good 4 u (Olivia Rodrigo) vs. Madeleine Tverberg - Arcade (Duncan Laurence)

Team Espen

Niklas Jung Hansen - Evig eies - kun et dårlig rykte (Henning Kvitnes) vs. Mathilde W. Taugard - Hunting High and Low (A-Ha)

After re-watching the performances one more time, here are my thoughts: 

- Team Matoma: Ok, this one was a nice surprise. I thought Team Matoma was screwed but then Tara came and proved me wrong. I can't believed how much i underestimated this woman. She was incredible!. Her performance was powerful but vulnerable at the same time, she conveyed the emotions behind the song pretty well, and her tone sounded amazing, especially when she showcased her raspiness, i mean, WOW! She won me over with this performance. I honestly think if she can keep the momentum she just build this round, she can easily be a finalist. 

And about Chris, sorry, i was not impressed, that song didn't do anything to showcase his voice and the whole thing felt unconnected. Tara deserved this one, hands down (Also, they probably love The Greatest Shownman on Norway because they have already sang two songs from that movie on the live shows, but at least nobody have sung This Is Me or Never Enough lol) 

- Team Ina: i feel bad for Stian, i thought his performance was really good. I like that he didn't oversing the song, he kept it simple, and it honestly was beautiful, he connected pretty well, and it was overall a solid and enjoyable performance from a vocal standpoint; he is clearly a great vocalist. But Jørgen is Jørgen, while i was not the biggest fan of the song choice, he just has something that captivates you every time he perform. He connects with every song he sings in a special way that not every singer can. And his tone is beautiful. With that said, i can see some people getting tired of his style but at this point i don't think that matters, because he has clearly build a strong fanbase not only in Norway, but around the world. I will be shocked if he doesn't win. 

- Team Yosef:  

hit bus GIF

imagine going from slaying a Brandi Carlile song in the knockouts, just to being given a song by Olivia Rodrigo in the lives :dead:. Whoever picked that song for Tuva did a clearly disservice to her. She handled it as good as she could, tho. She didn't try to showcase a lot of her range because she probably knew that that would have been a big disaster lol. Instead, she kept it simple and managed to do a decent job. But still, the song didn't go anywhere and overall the performance felt flat. Poor Tuva, she deserved to at least leave on a high note. On the other hand, Madeleine did a pretty solid job, the performance was nothing extraordinary but it was pretty good and enjoyable, and her unique tone was a great fit for the song. Also, in my opinión, she connected pretty well with the message. Nothing outstanding, but she did what she had to do

- Team Espen:

Angry Ufc GIF

Ok, where i start? I'm gonna sound really mean, but Niklas performance wasn't exactly outstanding by any means. His vocals were nothing out of the extraordinary, the performance overall felt flat, i had a hard time connecting with him (i literally felt zero emotions with his singing) and if i'm being honest, i just can't get into his tone, it's not for me (that's probably the main reason i didn't connected with him, maybe other people that actually find his tone enjoyable did). And then, Mathilde came and gave a beautiful performance, her tone SHINED on that song. She worked the dynamics of the song really well, her vocals were on point, and her voice, in my opinion, showed the right amount of emotion. I just felt a lot of chills like i did with her other performances. And you are telling me she lose?? I'm extremely sad and dissapointed, i just don't know what happened there but i'm gonna assume that, since she was the last one to sing, that negatively affected her votes, since it was live voting. Anyway, her elimination was really heartbreaking. Really, at least with Sebastián, i understood that he has a lot of appeal due to his personality and his ability to perform, but with all due respect, i don't get what people see in Niklas, sorry. 

Edited by Gustavo527

TOP8 to TOP6 Show

1. Jorgen (Swim Good by Frank Ocean) - Such a crazy awesome cool song choice. He can take the crown with this performance.

2. Tara (River by Bishop Briggs) - Tara slayed it again, she really gives her all every time she sings, especially she never holds back. So fierce, LOVE IT! 

3. Andre (If Only As a Ghost by Jonas Alaska) - What a song choice! This was made for him to sing. Amazing.

4. Madeleine (Better Than This by Paloma Faith) - This is another great song choice, her best so far probably. I wish she poured more emotion into the chorus though.

5. Niklas (The Book of Love by Peter Gabriel) - It was undeniably good but safe, that is not enough now because his contenders were all on fire. It was a WAR not a competition in this episode.

6. Øyvind (Riv i hjertet by Sondre Justad) - Solid, I have no more comments on it.

7. Kirsti (Juice by Lizzo) - I don't know what this girl is thinking. She is trying too hard to be a pop star, and dancing is not for her seriously. Maybe her strategy was to be the only one who brought energetic staging, but that didn't work as successful as her facial emotion looked.

8. Sebastian (Det begynner a bli et liv by Ole Paus) - His voice, this song, and the whole vibe are totally not my thing. He should go home at this point.

Okay, I'm fine with the final results. One of the bottom three scared me a bit.

TOP6 to TOP4

1. Jorgen (Take a Bow by Rihanna) - This isn't as surprisingly great as last week but still really good.

2. Kirsti (I Wanna Dance With Somebody by Whitney Houston) - Probably her best to date. The tender arrangement is perfect for her.

3. Andre (Elenore by The Turtles) - His first upbeat rendition? It's a pretty clever song choice for him. I quite enjoyed it.

4. Tara (Bed of Roses by Bon Jovi) - The arrangement is karaoke-boring. That being said, vocally she sounded solid as always.

5. Madeleine (Tennessee Whiskey by Chris Stapleton) - She had some problems when going high. Okay, that was a nice performance still.

6. Niklas (Us by James Bay) - I love this song, but something about this rendition got me out of touch. Maybe it's too similar as the original one.

Seriously, the all sounded good, what a talented season.

I'm gonna just spoil the result, the final four are Jorgen, Tara, Niklas and Andre.

8 minutes ago, iloveadam said:

TOP6 to TOP4

1. Jorgen (Take a Bow by Rihanna) - This isn't as surprisingly great as last week but still really good.

2. Kirsti (I Wanna Dance With Somebody by Whitney Houston) - Probably her best to date. The tender arrangement is perfect for her.

3. Andre (Elenore by The Turtles) - His first upbeat rendition? It's a pretty clever song choice for him. I quite enjoyed it.

4. Tara (Bed of Roses by Bon Jovi) - The arrangement is karaoke-boring. That being said, vocally she sounded solid as always.

5. Madeleine (Tennessee Whiskey by Chris Stapleton) - She had some problems when going high. Okay, that was a nice performance still.

6. Niklas (Us by James Bay) - I love this song, but something about this rendition got me out of touch. Maybe it's too similar as the original one.

I'm gonna just spoil the result, the final four are Jorgen, Tara, Niklas and Andre.

Who advanced? 

On 5/21/2022 at 9:31 AM, iloveadam said:

TOP6 to TOP4

Other than Niklas, I'm cool with this top 4. I guess Jorgen's road to victory is fairly clear.

Tara bloch vere - back in black by ac/dc and is that alright by lady gaga

niklas jung Hansen - when I was your man by Bruno mars and if I ain’t got you by Alicia keys 

Andre askeland hagen - under the surface by marit Larsen and golden slumbers by the Beatles 

jorgen Dahl moe- purple rain by prince and always on my mind by willie Nelson 

@voiceobserver @Gustavo527

• Like 2

The Finale

1. Tara (Back In Black by AC/DC) - SLAYYYYYYY! AMAZING!

2. Jorgen (Always On My Mind ) - A winning performance.

3. Tara (Is That Alright by Lady Gaga)

4. Jorgen (Purple Rain by Prince)

5. Niklas (When I Was Your Man by Bruno Mars)

6. Andre (Under the Surface by Marit Larsen) 

We all know Jorgen was gonna win from the very beginning. Congrats to him, he's got one of the most heartfelt voice I've ever heard.

The biggest dark horse of the season, Tara, she truly deserved the runner-up spot. One of the best female singer in the recent years, she can sing anything.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, iloveadam said:

The Finale

1. Tara (Back In Black by AC/DC) - SLAYYYYYYY! AMAZING!

2. Jorgen (Always On My Mind ) - A winning performance.

3. Tara (Is That Alright by Lady Gaga)

4. Jorgen (Purple Rain by Prince)

5. Niklas (When I Was Your Man by Bruno Mars)

6. Andre (Under the Surface by Marit Larsen) 

We all know Jorgen was gonna win from the very beginning. Congrats to him, he's got one of the most heartfelt voice I've ever heard.

The biggest dark horse of the season, Tara, she truly deserved the runner-up spot. One of the best female singer in the recent years, she can sing anything.

Agreed. Another solid season overall. Also, Ina could have easily won last year with Natan if she chose better songs for him during the lives, so she redeemed herself this year by getting two finalists.

• 2 months later...