Songs of the 2000s Mini Rankdowns (2023 Round)

Steven_

6. UMBRELLA – RIHANNA

9971bfbea4efdc425c909d8795c85dda.1000x1000x1.jpg

SFWd.gif

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

ALEX: 2

WALLACE: 3

CHRIS: 4

ERIK: 4

GIGI: 4

REI: 5

NICO: 6

VICTORIA: 7

STEVEN: 8

TOM: 9

DIANA: 12

PRISCILLA: 12

LILY: 13

QK: 18

COREY: 19

DEREK: 19

RICHARD: 19

ALEX

Such an iconic song. Rihanna and Jay-Z are both at the top of their game here.

WALLACE

The Top 4 songs are all amongst my all-time favorite songs and I've decided to put "Umbrella" 3rd because... I don't have a reason, it just lands there. This is such an iconic song from Rihanna - and it still stands as my favorite song by her! :wub: This was my #1 favorite song of 2007 and I was happy to see it win for the 2007 round!

CHRIS

Out of the possible predictable win, this one is my favourite.

ERIK

Love this song, my only thing is that Jay Z wasnt needed here lol. Ugh Rihanna is such an icon.

GIGI

Another favorite singer of mine, this is one of her best.

REI

Riri was already a star before Good Girl Gone Bad but I believed this was the record that made her become a global star. Rihanna has like a million of BOPS and while Umbrella is nowhere near my favourite from her, it is still a brilliant song and one of her most iconic songs.

NICO

Even w/ Jay giving nothing, this is one of the best pop songs of the decade.

VICTORIA

The song that made Rihanna a global superstar. Tom Holland stole her thunder through.

STEVEN

"Umbrella" is my favorite Rihanna song. It's very catchy, and her delivery here is absolutely perfect. Jay-Z's intro is completely unnecessary though, but thankfully it doesn't ruin the song for me since he doesn't show up for the rest of the song.

TOM

Rihanna's biggest hit and one of her good singles!

DIANA

It has Jayz in it lol but love RiRi. 

PRISCILLA

Iconic but where is R9

LILY

Maybe not my favorite Rihanna song, but undeniably a classic.

QK

Not a huge Rihanna fan so meh.

COREY

It has a slow tempo, but the larger than life chorus make it a worthwhile listen.

DEREK

Oops, I put this at #18 during 2007 and I'm tanking it again. Not my favorite Rihanna song at all

RICHARD

Still to this day possibly Rihanna’s most iconic song. It didn’t ultimately hold up quite as well on my relisten just now, but I still hold it in pretty high regard nonetheless. Definitely a solid, nostalgic listen.

• Steven_ changed the title to Songs of the 2000s Mini Rankdowns (#6 Posted)

CONGRATS TO OUR TOP 5

giphy.gif&ehk=LlGkBXn%2Bfw1b8FosnUp1oN3UqR1AcyAvsSYossgk0C8=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

"Say My Name" - Destiny's Child

original.gif

"Complicated" - Avril Lavigne

giphy.gif

"Toxic" - Britney Spears

Mhpd.gif

"Since U Been Gone" - Kelly Clarkson

AcademicInnocentCats-size_restricted.gif

"Rolling in the Deep" – Adele

• Like 1

Aww I was thinking "Umbrella" would have done better and thought it would have made it to the Top 5. :( :haha: 

But still, really happy with its ranking and glad it got this far. ❤️ Definitely amongst Rihanna's most iconic songs! ❤️ 

This is still a really iconic and impressive Top 5 though! :wub: 

4 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

I can see Since U Been Gone, Toxic or Complicated winning now. I think Say My Name and Rolling In The Deep will have tanks that will prevent a win. 🔮

I could have told you "Say My Name" was gonna get a tank before this started. 😛 

Hmm there's Tom's #23, which I think is SUBG. I think that song will get some other low ranks in there too.

So it's probably going to be "Complicated" vs. "Toxic" for the win. I think I am leaning towards "Toxic" now.

3 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

I could have told you "Say My Name" was gonna get a tank before this started. 😛 

Hmm there's Tom's #23, which I think is SUBG. I think that song will get some other low ranks in there too.

So it's probably going to be "Complicated" vs. "Toxic" for the win. I think I am leaning towards "Toxic" now.

I think those will Be the Top 3. Say My Name and RITD are the next out, I think. :haha: