2020 Olympic Games

ShortstopVM

HIDILYNNNNNNNN!!!!!!! :ohyeah:

This is the first-ever Olympic Gold Medal for the country of my heritage. 🇵🇭 This one is going to mean a lot more to me than most of the Gold Medals the US will win at these Olympics.🥺🥺🥺

Edited by ShortstopVM

At least Mike Tirico acknowledged the fact that Simone pulled out of the Team Competition beforehand and not tried pretend something that happened twelve-plus hours ago is happening live

Edited by ShortstopVM

I watched this live on the "USA Tracker" feed this morning - it was one of those rare times where I wished the stream had a little commentary, at least to break down the little things that can cause deductions.

Full disclosure: I am one of those "every four years" Gymnastics fans lol :ph34rwave:

Edited by ShortstopVM

1 hour ago, ShortstopVM said:

SUNI LEE!!!!!!!!  🥇:ohyeah:

Amazing. Without giving too much away, close relatives of hers live across the street from me. They are in all of the videos of the family they show on TV. I honestly didn’t even know they had an elite gymnast in the family until about a week ago, and now she’s the all-around gold medalist. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Amazing. Without giving too much away, close relatives of hers live across the street from me. They are in all of the videos of the family they show on TV. I honestly didn’t even know they had an elite gymnast in the family until about a week ago, and now she’s the all-around gold medalist. 

:shock: That's awesome!

To be fair, many of us didn't know about Suni until the Team Event a few days ago, so you're not alone in that regard lol