2020 Olympic Games

Not gonna lie, when they brought out the Paralympian Wakako Tsuchida to carry the torch, I thought that wheelchair tennis legend Shingo Kunieda was going to get the torch somewhere down the line. :ph34rwave:

The Men's Cycling Road Race just started; I've got Vincenzo Nibali winning - he's fresher than some of the other contenders (Pogacar, Van Aert), having [purposely] withdrew from the Tour de France a week before its completion

LOL I figured that Herbert/Mahut would choke, but I did not expect them to get dumped by Andy Murray and Joe Salisbury like that :shock:

Metkic/Pavic and Cabal/Farah are the class of the Men's Doubles division. :stud: 

7 hours ago, Starry_Night said:

https://deadline.com/2021/07/simone-biles-pulls-out-us-gymnastics-team-final-medical-issue-olympics-1234800508/

I'm glad she's okay despite the pressure of competing at the Olympics.

After her bad vault attempt, she must've realized that it wasn't going to be her night 😔

I watched this live on the "USA Tracker" feed this morning - it was one of those rare times where I wished the stream had a little commentary, at least to break down the little things that can cause deductions.

Full disclosure: I am one of those "every four years" Gymnastics fans lol :ph34rwave:

Edited by ShortstopVM

1 hour ago, ShortstopVM said:

SUNI LEE!!!!!!!!  🥇:ohyeah:

Amazing. Without giving too much away, close relatives of hers live across the street from me. They are in all of the videos of the family they show on TV. I honestly didn’t even know they had an elite gymnast in the family until about a week ago, and now she’s the all-around gold medalist. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Amazing. Without giving too much away, close relatives of hers live across the street from me. They are in all of the videos of the family they show on TV. I honestly didn’t even know they had an elite gymnast in the family until about a week ago, and now she’s the all-around gold medalist. 

:shock: That's awesome!

To be fair, many of us didn't know about Suni until the Team Event a few days ago, so you're not alone in that regard lol