2020 Olympic Games

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention... TAMYRA MENSAH-STOCK! :ohyeah: She absolutely BEASTED all four of her opponents! 😲 Actually, her Gold Medal Match was her only close match of the tournament (scoring-wise), but even then her defense made the match not even close. :omg: 

When this Boxing tournament tournament started, I think I criminally underrated Richard Torrez. After his first fight at these Olympics, he showed plenty of potential. Now, he's onto the Gold Medal match after picking up a win by medical stoppage - off of a bloody nose that he caused with one of his punches :omg:

This dude might be the real deal.

Posted (edited)

The only downside of everybody getting to see the judges' scorecards after every round: If a boxer is up 20-18, they can just Mayweather their way through the third and final round.

But I would rather have that, if it means having transparency in amateur boxing. :yes: 

Edited by ShortstopVM

Posted (edited)

And now Holloway just misses a Gold in the 110m Hurdles. What the :censored: is going on with [the Men's side of] the USA Track & Field team? :wacko:

EDIT: Crouser and Kovacs went 1-2 in the shot put; they're good.

Edited by ShortstopVM

On a MUCH happier note, how about Gable Steveson? :w00tbounce: He just won his first match of the Wrestling tournament by Technical Superiority! :blakeshowoff: I feel like he's going to dominate his bracket like Mensah-Stock did hers. 😏

Congratulations to Duke Ragan on earning the Silver Medal. I was a little bit concerned about how his pro style/experience would translate back into the amateur ring, but he made one helluva run. Hat's off to him. :yes: 

Posted (edited)

:argh:  

I know that Jamaica were favored to win the Women's 4x100 relay, but I'm still disappointed that we didn't take Gold... 😔

Jenna Prandini rescuing that race, though... 🙌 :w00twave:

Edited by ShortstopVM

2 hours ago, ShortstopVM said:

GABLE STEVESON AT THE BUZZER! :ohyeah:🥇 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

He certainly lived up to his namesake. :yes: 

Holy shit. Just to put this in perspective, Gable is 21 years old, and he did that to a 3-time world champion to snatch the gold. Beast!

Just now, ShortstopVM said:

I am SO salty right now 🤮🤮🤮

Salt Intensifies GIF - Salt Intensifies - Discover & Share GIFs

lol.  

You don't see me being this salty or pressed when Canada loses in hockey... Whatever, we won :canadianwave: