2020 Olympic Games

ShortstopVM

TBH it’s very fitting for this very weird Olympics and especially weird soccer tournament that Canada, who scored 0 goals in the run of play during the knockouts, ended up winning.

Lol I think the only games I fully enjoyed were Australia-GB and Australia-US. Love those Aussies. 

Would've preferred the US to win gold, but happy for Canada to win gold if it was not the US!

Also that US wrestling win ❤️ IDK who the other guy is from but he was so frustrating just lying there trying to run out the clock so serves him right! :wub:

13 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

TBH it’s very fitting for this very weird Olympics and especially weird soccer tournament that Canada, who scored 0 goals in the run of play during the knockouts, ended up winning.

Lol I think the only games I fully enjoyed were Australia-GB and Australia-US. Love those Aussies. 

I only watched Canada's game so I can't comment on the tournament as a whole :haha: 

1 hour ago, *Chris said:

This is the attitude that I expect from our closest ally & neighbour ❤️ 

Obvs 🤗 although I’m a northeast liberal and I can actually think about others and be happy for them so don’t expect that from everyone in our country

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, JC said:

Obvs 🤗 although I’m a northeast liberal and I can actually think about others and be happy for them so don’t expect that from everyone in our country

I'm a Northeast Liberal capable of showing empathy myself; it's just that when it comes to sports I can be competitive and heated (and sometimes take it soo seriously) :yes: 

Congratulations to Molly Seidel on EARNING the Bronze Medal in the Marathon! :clap: And especially for her to that in her third marathon race, too - that's impressive. :omg:

As an added perk, the Medal Ceremonies for the Women's (and Men's) Marathon will take place during the Closing Ceremonies on Sunday. This means that she will receive her medal with the whole world watching. :omg: That's pretty cool. :yes: :stud: 

I know that this is because it's heat-related, but I like the fact that they start some of the events early in the morning local time (such as Golf, Triathlon, Marathon) - it means that I have some live Olympic programming to watch in the late afternoon until things start picking up when it's nighttime over here 😏

The USA Men's Basketball team winning the Gold Medal like they should! :ohyeah: 🥇🇺🇸

200.gifJuly 4 Yes GIF

Congratulations to Coach Popovich and his team! :clap: I may not be a Durant fan, but I have to give KD plenty of respect for how he lead Team USA through this Olympic Tournament. :yes: He really put this country on his back whenever opponents tried to close in on us.

Kevin Durant Mvp GIF by NBA

Edited by ShortstopVM

Oof. 😬 Not only was Carlo Paalam knocked down in the first round, he was outworked by Galal Yafai in the first two rounds. 😔 I'll tip my cap to Yafai; his hands were quicker and more accurate.

Still, I have to commend Paalam not just for fighting bravely the rest of the match, but for making it all the way to the Final. That was a hell of a run! I'm glad to see the Philippines make much progress in Boxing at these Olympics. :yes:

USA Baseball were defeated by Japan in the Final and will have to settle for the Silver. :no: :broken:  Hat's off to them though; this was a team of Minor League prospects and washed-up Major Leaguers that went toe-to-toe with the best players from Japan's professional league - Japan were just the better team today.

At least Eddy Alvarez has now medaled in a Summer AND Winter Olympic Games. :yes: 

It sucks that we have to wait until 2028 for Baseball (and Softball) to be contested at the Olympics. 😔

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Yeah, nobody else had a chance. Looks like it will stay that way for a while too. 

It absolutely will.  Mu might be the star of next games.  McLaughlin and Muhammad aren't going anywhere either.  I think they have this event on lock for a while.

• Like 1

Congratulations to the Women's Basketball team, who have won Gold for the seventh Olympiad in a row! :omg::ohyeah:🥇🇺🇸 #ThisIsOurGame

I will say though, for the first three quarters of this game, Japan made the game closer than it was on the scoreboard. For us to blow them out like that (especially in the fourth quarter) is an accomplishment in of itself. :yes: 

Speaking of Athing Mu, this is insane. She competed in her first college track meet as a true Freshman in January of this year! A few months later, she was the NCAA champ in the 400 and 4x400, setting collegiate records in both, demolished the field in the 800M in the Olympic trials, and did the same in the Olympics. That’s not how it’s supposed to work. The sky is the limit for her. 

This short video details her fast rise to stardom. 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CR6SLo6lfCt/?utm_medium=copy_link

Congratulations to the Women's Volleyball team, who at long last have their Gold Medal! :ohyeah: 🥇🇺🇸

P.S: For anyone who cares: Lauren Price (GBR) just defeated Li Qian (CHN) in Boxing, which means we have just clinched the Gold Medal count, too. :stud: This was surprising, given which events we didn't win a Gold in. :omg: 

Edited by ShortstopVM

The extinguishing of the Flame 😢😢😢

But that's pretty cool how the cauldron turned back into a sphere, like how it was before it got lit.

EDIT: I can't believe it was over just like that; they told the athletes to leave the stadium, not party on the field afterwards like in past games. :unsure:

Edited by ShortstopVM