SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (NL5) (Round 5)

.Rei

AU3 RESULTS PART FOUR

8. Jess Stokes & Robbie Kmetoni - " Heart's A Mess" - (Jazz by Project Moda)

7prnod.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

@kritaaay - 1

@totes4totes - 3

@Zoey - 5

@taylorkat - 5

@FrogLenzen - 8

@.Rei - 11

@*Wallace - 19

@Erestor - 20

Avg. Score = 9.00

COMMENTS

Kriti

always loved it, always will. i think when high concept routines are done right they can be so good. this was probs also the best acted routine on this list.

Megan

Copy and paste what I said in the contemporary round from Derek's game in to here.

Derek

We talked about this one in the Superlatives round so let me just copy paste: Don’t lie, when you see the heart balloon, you get teary eyed. Just admit it. It’s okay. This simple routine packs a punch. And danced to live cello? Be still my heart. Also, maybe some of the most successful costumes in the history of the franchise. Everything really comes together in this. 

Rei

It's a very very good routine and definitely a standout of the season. It is not one of my top favorites but it deserve its placement here in the Top 20

Wallace

This is alright but I never really cared that much for this dance like most people seem to. In fact, I find this really overrated. :ph34rwave:So I was kinda hoping this would miss out the finals here but no luck. Anyway, Jess & Robbie dance and perform their characters well. Nice storytelling too, I guess. 

(tie)6-7. Renee Ritchie & Phillipe Witana - "Silence" - (Contemporary by Debbie Ellis)

7pro56.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

Gigi - 3

Patryk  - 4

Megan - 5

Rei - 5

Wallace - 5

Zoey - 12

Kriti - 16

Derek - 19

Avg. Score = 8.63

COMMENTS

Megan

Bumped this up a few spots in hope that it outlasts the Kieran/Carly and Heath/Jessica and Phillipe/Ivy routine! This one is better than all of them! It's my favorite contemporary of the season!

Rei

definitely one of the most divisive routine in this group. Five Top 5's, one middle ranking and two bottom rankings. At the beginning I thought this was gonna made at least Top 3 but then the bottom rankings came and it drop to number 6. It is an amazing routine! Renee murder this and Phillipe was also very good. I will always be a sucker for romantic contemporary pieces and this one stands as one of the best of that subgenre.

Wallace

Renee & Phillipe's standout routine as a partnership. I remember this being a great dance but I forgot how good it was. They both danced this beautifully with so much emotion and connection. They dance and match each others moves really well side by side. I felt like this was Renee's shining moment and her best dance. Also Phillipe showed he can do Contemporary really well and hold up well to Renee.

Kriti

I liked it.

Derek

Not one that I revisit often but it’s hard to go wrong with Debbie. I think the song kind of held this back a little bit from being really exciting but they did a good job.

(tie)6-7. Ivy Heeney & Nick Geurts - "The Flower Duet" - (Contemporary by Debbie Ellis)

7pronn.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

Wallace - 3

Gigi - 4

Zoey - 4

Rei - 6

Kriti - 8

Derek - 10

Patryk  - 14

Megan - 20

Avg. Score = 8.63

COMMENTS

Wallace

This is divine. Simply stunning and gorgeous! I thought Nick danced this really well but wow, Ivy was especially stunning and amazing in this. The technique she showcases is just so outstanding! :omg: I thought they matched each other beautifully and sold the story well of this dance. Beautiful connection, chemistry and dancing all around. ❤️ And the emotion they portray (especially Ivy) gives me chills here. :omg:

Rei

I'm actually happy that both Silence and The Flower Duet ended up tying as those are my top two contemporaries of the season. This also happens to be my favourite Ivy routine. She just SLAYED this. Fun fact: Before the last set of rankings came (Megan's), this was actually the winner.

Kriti

I don't know what it is about this routine but it really got me. I think it's just something about the way their bodies move with the music. Yes, it's not comparable to The Chairman's Waltz, but judged independently from that, I still think it's great.

Derek

The live music idea for Top 6 week was genius and more seasons should have had this. And then they choose the Flower Duet?? Iconic. One of the more high-brow artsy routines we’ve seen on the show and it was still totally full of emotion and entertaining. Another shining moment for Ivy, proving that even apart from Robbie she had the whole package. 

Megan

I like to say that I've grown and I don't "hate" any dancers any more. But flat out I don't think a single Nick routine should have made this top 20. I took out "U Can't Touch This" and I wish I could have taken out this at the same time.

Edited by .Rei

TOP 5

WEEK 4 - TOP 14 PERFORMANCE:

hqdefault.jpg

Ivy Heeney & Robbie Kmetoni - "Sweet Disposition" - (Paso Doble by Jason Gilkison)

WEEK 5 - TOP 12 PERFORMANCE:

3UW41fW.png

Ivy Heeney & Robbie Kmetoni - "Little Lion Man" - (Contemporary by Debbie Ellis)

WEEK 6 - TOP 10 PERFORMANCE:

hqdefault.jpg

Jessie Hesketh & Robbie Kmetoni - "Talk Show Host" - (Hip-Hop by Jason Bird and Katie Cesaro)

hqdefault.jpg

Ivy Heeney & Phillipe Witana - "Colorblind" - (Contemporary by Sher Manu)

WEEK 6 - TOP 10 RESULTS:

oRSKZJf.png

Top 10 - "Tanguera" - (Ballroom by Jason Gilkison)

• .Rei changed the title to SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (AU3) (#08-06 Posted)