SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (NL5) (Round 5)

.Rei

AU3 RESULTS PART TWO

(tie) 15-16. Top 20 - "Everybody" - (Jazz by Kelley Abbey)

7plewv.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

@.Rei - 2

@Zoey - 6

@FrogLenzen - 11

@totes4totes - 14

@kritaaay - 14

@Erestor - 17

@taylorkat - 17

@*Wallace - 20

Avg. Score = 12.63

COMMENTS

Rei

This has been one of my favorite group routines ever and it still is... Kelley Abbey can do no wrong in my eyes

Derek

Queen Abbey strikes again. AU3 has the best set of group routines. Not quite as iconic as AU2’s Top 20 routine, but lowkey this is a more cohesive work of art as a whole and equally great. Jess wins at life

Megan

We have a lot of group routines here which I support. This one just doesn't leave a real impression on me. It's cool but is it the coolest group routine of the season? (No).

Kriti

Unfortunately there was no audio in this clip but I still had a lot of fun. This seems like a very strong group for group routines.

Wallace

All these group routines here on this list and y'all couldn't make space for "Rhythm Nation"? SMH. Anyway, this is a good and fun group routine. It has a powerful rock feel to it. The dancers all do a good job dancing what they do. But it's just too much people dancing in it and it honestly feels really fast paced and busy. Good but not really my thing?

(tie) 15-16. Jessica Prince & Heath Keating - "Daniel" - (Contemporary by Paul Malek) 

7plfj8.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

Patryk  - 1

Wallace - 6

Kriti - 13

Derek - 15

Gigi - 16

Megan - 16

Zoey - 17

Rei - 17

Avg. Score = 12.63

COMMENTS

Patryk

they’re my favourite couple of the season and that was their highlight. Just beautiful ❤️

Wallace

This was another dance I don't really remember that well. But this was a beautiful, moving and intense routine from Jessica & Heath. I like how they bring so much deep and raw emotion here, alongside beautiful dance. I think this was their standout routine.

Kriti

there's a funny comment here about how they look related enough to do a dance about siblings. anyway good dance. something new. really liked it.

Derek

Joss Stone is a queen duh. This is Jessica’s best duet, not surprised to see it here. Always nice to have a duet that explores a relationship other than man/woman lovers. I do think that this routine could use a better ending

Megan

Their Broadway should be here instead!

Rei

Like Megan I would have preferred their Broadway (which I would have ranked higher). I also like their other contemporary better. It was good but I just don't care for Heath in general. Having said that Jessica grew on me during this rewatch 

14. Top 18 - "Cinema Italiano" - (Ballroom by Jason Gilkison)

7plg3w.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

Derek - 6

Kriti - 7

Zoey - 8

Patryk  - 9

Megan - 12

Gigi - 13

Wallace - 17

Rei - 19

Avg. Score = 11.38

COMMENTS

Derek

Jason is a genius. AU3 has the best set of group routines. This is a masterclass in balance and transfer of energy in a performance. Light and shade. Hard and soft. Big and small. Everything is set up so perfectly. And such a great song! Great use of the song. This is an all-timer for sure. 

Kriti

A group ballrooommmm my beloved. I LOVED this I just wish everyone in every group routine wasn't always wearing black.

Megan

LOL. I am one of five fans of the movie musical NINE. And I will admit that this routine is maybe the best thing that has resulted from that movie. I did knock this down a few rankings because "Tanguera" is the cooler Jason Gilkison group routine.

Wallace

Of the group routines, I feel I do tend to like the Jason Gilkison ballroom routines the most. Although I do feel like having two full on group routines and a quartet group routine is a bit much but oh well. This was a fun and exciting group routine to watch. No one in particular stands out but they all do well.

Rei

I would normally love a group routine like this way more. I just don't care for the first half of it where there's pretty much no ballroom and people just walking around. The second part is way better but I already have lost interest by then.

13. Carly Cooper Smith & Kieran McMahon - "Furious Angels" - (Contemporary by Sarah Boulter)

7plgl9.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

Zoey - 1

Patryk  - 6

Gigi - 8

Megan - 10

Wallace - 15

Kriti - 15

Rei - 16

Derek - 17

Avg. Score = 11.00

COMMENTS

Zoey

This routine really shows how amazing both of them really are. They were able to keep in character and dance amazingly. Probably my favourite routine from any Australian season.

Megan

This is very good. What struck me though while watching is that Kieran is maybe the single palest person that has been on this stage. If not that then he's very close to the top. I feel I underrate Carly a bit because this season has Jessie, Ivy, Jess, and Renee but watching her dance I'm always reminded how good she is.

Wallace

This was a pretty good and intense Contemporary routine from Carly & Kieran. They both dance this with such strength, power and intensity. They match each other well here too. I didn't really remember this routine that well but it was nice to be reminded of it.

Kriti

Very intense, very good, extremely well-danced.

Rei

I think they both danced brilliantly but I have some issues with the choreography. There are brilliant bits but also some parts that don't really work for me. I don't think Sarah Boulter knew what she wanted to do

Derek

This is pretty solid choreo with a great song and they certainly attacked it but that lift where Carly accidentally tackles him to the floor always totally takes me out of it. 

Edited by .Rei

I enjoyed the "Daniel" routine more than I expected. This spot for it makes sense though I wish it could have ranked higher.

Fine with the rankings of the group routines and the Carly/Kieran Contemporary. I'm glad my highest ranked group routine didn't show up yet. And I preferred the other Carly/Kieran Contemporary routine so I'm glad that one made it higher.

• .Rei changed the title to SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (AU3) (#16-#13 Posted)