SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (US10) (Submit your rankings)

.Rei

CA3 RESULTS PART TWO

16. Amanda Cleghorn & Denys Drozdyuk - "Perfect" - (Contemporary by Sabrina Matthews)

7xlxoi.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

@*Wallace - 1

@FrogLenzen - 6

@.Rei - 11

@taylorkat - 12

@Erestor - 16

@totes4totes - 18

@*Chris - 20

@kritaaay - 20

Avg. Score = 13.00

COMMENTS

Wallace

This is yet another strong and fantastic routine from Amanda & Denys. This dance showcases what an amazing dancer and performer Amanda is. She's so stunning to watch in this with how she dances and moves with her technique. :wub: But Denys also does a fantastic job here as he partners Amanda well but showcases really good technique himself. The lifts and big showy moments are very wow. Then their emotional connection is so good and touching. :omg:

Derek

Iconic. The snow is so random lol. Amanda’s facility is really incredible. This was a brilliant showcase for this couple. Everyone wishes they could have the range and success that this couple got in their first 2 weeks.

Rei

it's a so so choreography massively elevated by Amanda and Denys. They're just so good.

Megan

This is perfectly fine choreography that's elevated by Amanda and Deny's chemistry and talent. It's like the prototypical SYTYCD routine. It's good but I can put my hand into the hat of "good contemporary routines" and pull out like 400 more just like it. That being said, I am an Amanda and Denys stan so I would certainly put it in the top IDK 50% of those 400.

Kriti

sorry the routine is fine but the artist is reprehensible

15. Charlene Hart & Jeff Mortensen - "That's Where The Happy People Go" - (Hustle by Maria Torres)

7xlxxt.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

Derek - 7

Megan - 8

Gigi - 8

Rei - 8

Kriti - 12

Wallace - 14

Patryk  - 18

Chris - 19

Avg. Score = 11.75

COMMENTS

Derek

Showstopping. Unexpected. Impressive. Thrilling. New. Fun. Maria can throw it down when she wants to. Doriana Sanchez wishes.

Megan

This is so insanely entertaining. We don't get a lot of hustles and I can't really say I know the difference between a hustle and a disco but I just googled and they are basically the same thing except the hustle is always partnered and incorporates more swing and Latin elements. Anyway, I wish there was a little bit more of that stuff but I have to give props because the lifts were insanely cool. They had great energy. And none of it looked like they were in danger. I think one or two of the lifts took a little bit too much to set up, but small critiques. I'm just really glad this made it through!

Rei

This was just so good and unexpected. Jeff showing once again why he was one of the most exciting dancers of that season and Charlene just impressing everyone by doing something that was never expected from her.

Kriti

pretty good but i was never a charlene fan

Wallace

It's really hard to stand out and impress with a Hustle routine, but this was a joyful and fun routine from Charlene & Jeff.  That move where Jeff spun Charlene on his shoulders without holding her at the end of it, was crazy. 😮 But yeah this is really cute, fun and has a lot of really good partnering work. It's a dance I enjoyed more than I thought I would have. Is this their best dance as a couple? I don't know as I didn't pay close attention to this couple while watching this season but I'll believe y'all that it is.

14. Amanda Cleghorn & Mackenzie Green - "Drumming Circle" - (African Jazz by Sean Cheesman)

7xlytt.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

Patryk  - 4

Gigi - 5

Wallace - 10

Megan - 11

Chris - 11

Derek - 13

Kriti - 19

Rei - 20

Avg. Score = 11.63

COMMENTS

Wallace

I really like the abstract and athletic feel this African Jazz routine has. It's quite technical and athletic but Amanda & Mackenzie dance it really well. I like the dancing they do separately as well as the dancing they do together. I also like the moments of them getting down and groovy with their moves on the side by side parts. It's fun and really enjoyable.

Megan

African Jazz on this show is just Sean Cheesman calling something an African jazz. This was very good and cool. Amanda was very good and Mackenzie was there!

Derek

Pretty great. Sean needs to workshop some of these routines sometimes tho lololol.

Kriti

lowkey racist

Rei

I love Amanda but this routine felt somehow a bit too elaborated, like something wasn't quite there. I actually think that I prefer Brittany/Bluprint's version from US10. Also like Kriti said, it feels a bit racist

(tie)11-13. Janick Arseneau & Shavar Blackwood - "Lil Freak" - (Hip-Hop by Luther Brown) 

7xlzgx.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

Derek - 5

Chris - 6

Gigi - 11

Wallace - 11

Kriti - 11

Megan - 13

Rei - 13

Patryk  - 20

Avg. Score = 11.25

COMMENTS

Derek

STOP. Luther is so raw for this lol. Also this turned Janick into a superstar. So many parts of this that are just brilliantly choreographed and perfectly executed. Also this is Usher’s best song post-Confessions album.

Wallace

I can't remember my thoughts of Janick & Shavar as a couple but I think they were a well matched couple. I feel like this was their best dance as a couple so I'm pleased with this making it to the finals. This is another one of those steamy hip-hop routines that Canada just loves. :giggle: But Janick and Shavar dances and performs this really well. They have great and hot chemistry here. I also think this routine was Shavar's shining moment of the season. LMAO I also kinda really love that Janick solo at 0:58 at the Nicki rap part of the song for some reason. :giggle:

Kriti

pretty good, i feel like janick does not get her worth

Megan

I wish Shavar was more of the focal in this than Janick. Because while I am a BIG Janick fan (she's gay so obviously I'm required to be), I think for about 50% of the routine she's just okay. The back half of the routine she really picked it up. But Shavar was just incredible throughout. He's so good. I think Shavar is so underrated around here and I'm glad that we got his best routine through to the Top 20.

Rei

Janick was very good and Shavar was outstanding. I didn't like the camera work that much but it was a very good routine.

• .Rei changed the title to SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (CA3) (#16-#11 Posted)

LOL How do I go from clearing out 4 of my Bottom 5 on one set and then my #1 shows up right after? Gross. :dead: 

Granted, I'm not really sure on my #1 as I don't know my very favorite dance of this season. I loved a number of dances and struggled choosing my very favorite. I guess I get the comments of the Amanda/Denys Contemporary being a standard Contemporary routine elevated by Amanda/Denys as a couple. But still, I think it deserved better. :broken: Though can't argue with what those said/felt about the artist choice.... can't defend that part, but still love this dance a lot. ❤️ 

As far as the others, I do wish "Drumming Circle" was a little higher (and maybe "Lil Freak" a bit higher). Though I'm confused... I thought Kriti advanced this routine... but her comment and ranking says otherwise?