SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (US10) (Round 8)

.Rei

Posted (edited)

CA4 RESULTS PART ONE

20. Yuliya Zavadska & Shane Simpson - "Thunder On The Mountain" - (Jive by Danny Arbour)

8bgqhz.gif

Watch Here (32:10)

RANKINGS:

@Zoey - 8

@.Rei - 13

@*Chris - 14

@Erestor - 15

@FrogLenzen - 17

@*Wallace - 17

@kritaaay - 17

@totes4totes - 19

@taylorkat - 20

Avg. Score = 15.56

COMMENTS

Rei

this was doomed from the start since neither of Lindsay/Melissa/Jordan was part of the routine and god forbid IDF can look outside their favorites. It was a great routine perfectly danced by Yuliya. Shane again showed how he was the most versatile male dancer of the season.

Derek

Yuliya’s best for me is easily her Samba with Adam and no one even took that past the first round. She’s ferocious in that! This is fun and I’m not super mad it’s here but I’ll admit that it wasn’t on my radar whatsoever and if it wasn’t here I wouldn’t have noticed.

Wallace

Who even is Yuliya? lol I'm playing. I remember her but I would be lying if I said I remembered ANY of her dances cause I don't. :dead: With this being a Jive, I expect Yuliya to really shine and own the dance and yeah she does that. Yuliya's Jive technique was great as expected. Shane dances this well here and he stepped it up to her level. They both performed well and brought good energy.  I thought the tricks and lifts were fun but a few of them looked a little labored and could have been better. Overall, this was a pleasant surprise but as good as it was, I don't think this will be a dance I'll remember a week from now.

Megan

This is fine. The routine seems to slow down with the tricks and lifts and there's at least one missed connection. IDK that the choreography is anything to write home about. It's fine but IMHO not Top 20 worthy.

19. Lindsay Leuschner & Shane Simpson - "Shake Your Groove Thing" - (Disco by Melissa Williams)

8bglco.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

Patryk  - 9

Derek - 12

Gigi - 14

Zoey - 14

Wallace - 16

Chris - 16

Kriti - 18

Megan - 20

Rei - 20

Avg. Score = 15.44

COMMENTS

Derek

Super cute from both of them. What the heck happened during that quick change, was that a malfunction of the closet thing??? It looked like Lindsay tried to close it somehow before changing lol. I thought this would have a much easier time sailing into the finals with all the Lindsay fans here but y’all proved me wrong.

Wallace

Ugh I was not a fan of the original couples splitting up and getting new couples in Week 3. 😢 I thought this was a really cute and fun Disco routine. But imagining Lindsay/Christian doing this makes me sad as I feel this would be even better. But from Lindsay & Shane, this is still fairly good, cute and such a fun routine. Again, this is another one of those dances that Lindsay just commands and demands my attention in. She should not be making a Disco routine this good! :dead: She's so infectious, got so much energy and such a star here. She's so fun to watch! :bobo: Shane also does well and I like the fun and personality he brings out here. This dance has a lot of fun tricks and is very entertaining. It's another one of those routines that's better than I remembered it being.

Megan

I'm shocked that this made the Top 20 because while it wasn't a disaster like all other Melissa Williams disco routines, it was just fine. It was fun, but not extraordinary. This was a routine that was JUST FINE.

Rei

They did alright but there's nothing special about this. Kudos to Melissa for choreographing a disco that didn't suck.

18.  Lindsay Leuschner - "Hide And Seek" - (Contemporary)

8bgle7.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

Patryk  - 5

Kriti - 9

Wallace - 13

Derek - 15

Gigi - 16

Rei - 17

Chris - 17

Megan - 18

Zoey - 18

Avg. Score = 14.22

COMMENTS

Wallace

This is such a beautiful and stunning solo from Lindsay! :wub: She's just so stunning in Contemporary.... and in fact, I think she was one of the best Contemporary soloists in Canada? The tricks and technique she showcases here is so good and stunning. :wub:

Derek

The slow toe point in the beginning is iconic. Full stop. I’m not sure if this is her best solo on the show, considering the 2 during callbacks and the other ones during the live shows, but I think this is probably the most memorable. Lindsay is truly one of the most beautiful women and gifted contemporary movers of any season, and that is saying something.

Rei

Yeah the beginning is iconic.

Megan

I was gonna just say "unncessary" and leave it at that but I did actually remember the opening pose so I bumped it up two spots.

17. Top 3 Girls - "What About Us" - (Contemporary by Mia Michaels)

8bglfq.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

Patryk  - 6

Derek - 7

Rei - 9

Wallace - 11

Megan - 11

Zoey - 17

Gigi - 17

Kriti - 19

Chris - 19

Avg. Score = 12.89

COMMENTS

Derek

As the resident contemporary simp I think this might be my favorite Top 3 girls ever. Obviously US5 comes close but I think each one of the CA4 girls, even though they are all the same dance genre, have such really distinct styles and strengths. Add in Mia with her creative concepts and complex movement patterns. Sure, this could have used 4 months more of rehearsals and please get rid of the voiceover in the end but this is still extraordinary. 

Rei

Brilliant! Perfect trio for this and executed flawlessly. Mia nailed this choreo!

Wallace

I completely forgot about this dance.... and this was not a Contemporary I was expecting. This had a really intricate, hard hitting futuristic Jazz feel to it. I think this is a pretty cool dance. Say what you want about any of the ladies here, this was a fantastic Top 3 girls and all of the ladies shone abd brought it to this dance! No one stood out as the strongest nor the weakest - they were all evenly matched here.

Megan

Some great choreography and dancing almost ruined by maybe the worst costumes I've ever seen on this show!!!!!!!

Edited by .Rei

• .Rei changed the title to SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (CA4) (#20-17 Posted)

Putting a Mia routine in the finale is always a risk since the dancers are exhausted and have so many other routines to learn. Jeanine and Kayla are still the queens of pulling that off. This one ended up a little messy but it was still so great