♫♪~• Jordan Smith Fan Thread ~♪♫•

Hamza Tufail

1 hour ago, HelenaHandbasket said:

Jordan covered Lauren Daigle's (sp?) song "Tremble".

The lyrics are a bit repetitive but his voice is as amazing as ever.

I am not sure but I think his older brother might be playing keyboards.

I hope he doesn't completely abandon pop music in favor of CCM but that's his call to make and I can respect whatever he decides to do.

He made an offhand comment in that interview about doing a jazz album (which he would absolutely slay based on his interpretation of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town")

He sounded great👍

Thanks for confirmation on the song title. I'll be watching and voting😁 and yeah even praying😂 

1 hour ago, HelenaHandbasket said:

If the other websites are right Jordan will be performing second  (in the so-called "death spot" :rolleyes: )

Fine by me, as it means i won't have to spend the whole show waiting for him to come on. lol

😂 I don't think there's a "death spot" when it comes to Jordan 😂 

Its gonna be fun seeing him again and I'm looking forward to the "song" 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HelenaHandbasket said:

Good find. Other than Jordan the songs sound about the same as the first round. Can't wait to hear the full song😁

Someone in the comments says you can find the songs are on TikTok.

I don't use TikTok😫

Edited by Nutterbutter

10 minutes ago, Nutterbutter said:

Good find. Other than Jordan the songs sound about the same as the first round. Can't wait to hear the full song😁

TBH, I wasn't expecting much from this show, but yeah, for the most part the songs so far are all super basic.

And the "singing"?

So. Much. Autotune. 

At this point I am hoping "New Boot Goofing" takes the top prize. lol

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, HelenaHandbasket said:

I am not sure but I think his older brother might be playing keyboards.

Turns out its his pastor playing keyboard.

Jordan seems more focused on promoting this release than on his upcoming appearance on ASC.

As far as I can tell he has barely mentioned the show (but social media has never seemed to be his forte)

43 minutes ago, HelenaHandbasket said:

Turns out its his pastor playing keyboard.

Jordan seems more focused on promoting this release than on his upcoming appearance on ASC.

As far as I can tell he has barely mentioned the show (but social media has never seemed to be his forte)

He went dark shortly after his arrival here in the land of fruits and nuts. Hasn't spilled the beans on his experience. I'll not speculate if that means anything. He's never really been a talker.

Was watching a video from the same channel you posted above. It was a spotify streams ranking from week 1 performers songs. The exposure didn't move the needle. As I expected, not enough viewers. This may be the first and last ASC.

There are some links to the various round 2 contestants on Instagram and Twitter. Jordan’s is one of the only ones that doesn’t sound like the engineers used every effect on the mixing board to try to improve the vocals. You can really hear the difference. 

Also no dancers, pyrotechnics, or elaborate staging on Jordan’s clip. 

I still can’t get over how repetitive most of these songs are. Are these really the best they could find in each state?

Edited by HelenaHandbasket

41 minutes ago, HelenaHandbasket said:

There are some links to the various round 2 contestants on Instagram and Twitter. Jordan’s is one of the only ones that doesn’t sound like the engineers used every effect on the mixing board to try to improve the vocals. You can really hear the difference. 

Also no dancers, pyrotechnics, or elaborate staging on Jordan’s clip. 

I still can’t get over how repetitive most of these songs are. Are these really the best they could find in each state?

Without hearing more of the song I'm not sure he needs any of that stuff to distract you, maybe just a choir. 

Yeah, the real talent is thin but Jordan's got that covered too😁

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

And, I also want him to not abandon Pop. But it's his choice. I will respect whatever route he chooses for himself. 👍

I don't think That's gonna happen. Singing is like air to him, or water to a fish. He's trying to find his place like the rest of us and is staying true to himself.

• Like 1

The fact that the vocals are done by a human is a nice change of pace for the ASC, lol. 
It's also refreshing that the chorus isn't just the title of the song repeated 15 to 20 times.

The real question is how the show will get a dozen dancers twerking to this while simultaneously setting the stage on fire. 

Edited by HelenaHandbasket
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, HelenaHandbasket said:

The fact that the vocals are done by a human is a nice change of pace for the ASC, lol. 
It's also refreshing that the chorus isn't just the title of the song repeated 15 to 20 times.

The real question is how the show will get a dozen dancers twerking to this while simultaneously setting the stage on fire. 

Many have said he will get the juries (other contestants) vote. We shall see. From the early clip, I wasn't sure about the song but after hearing it completely I think it fits him well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nutterbutter said:

Many have said he will get the juries (other contestants) vote. We shall see. From the early clip, I wasn't sure about the song but after hearing it completely I think it fits him well.

Jordan is a singer's singer.  

I don't think the other contestants are part of the jury.

I think the jurors are more along the lines of music business pros. I noticed a lot of music programmers in the list which doesn't really encourage me as these are the people choosing stuff to put on the air right now which for the most part is trash.  But there are also actual musicians and song writers too so that is encouraging.

I don't think ASC is going to be anything like his run on The Voice. But he doesn't really need it to be. 

• Like 2