♫♪~• Jordan Smith Fan Thread ~♪♫•

Hamza Tufail

On 3/8/2022 at 6:15 PM, HelenaHandbasket said:

It will be good to see Jordan back on TV again. I wonder what song he will perform? I kind of hope it’s “Ashes”. I prefer his rendition to Celine’s. 

It's a new song Jordan co-wrote with Desmond Child. Jordan is very excited to be involved. I'll be watching Monday March 21, 2022 8pm on NBC. There are many unknown singers and a few known singers (Jewel, Michael Bolton) taking part. The show is hosted by Kelly Clarkson and Snoop Dogg. nbc.com/american-song-contest

Whatever Jordans new song is, it blew Desmond away. He had much praise for Jordans recording on his social media accounts.

On 3/8/2022 at 9:15 PM, HelenaHandbasket said:

It will be good to see Jordan back on TV again. I wonder what song he will perform? I kind of hope it’s “Ashes”. I prefer his rendition to Celine’s. 

It has to be a new song. That’s the point of the contest. Technically, it’s not a singing show, it’s a song show.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2022 at 10:44 AM, Nutterbutter said:

It's a new song Jordan co-wrote with Desmond Child. Jordan is very excited to be involved. I'll be watching Monday March 21, 2022 8pm on NBC. There are many unknown singers and a few known singers (Jewel, Michael Bolton) taking part. The show is hosted by Kelly Clarkson and Snoop Dogg. nbc.com/american-song-contest

Whatever Jordans new song is, it blew Desmond away. He had much praise for Jordans recording on his social media accounts.

I’m was looking at the ASC wiki page and it seems like a lot of the performers didn’t write or even co-write their  songs. Kind of odd for a show supposedly about songs. 

10 hours ago, HelenaHandbasket said:

I’m was looking at the ASC wiki page and it seems like a lot of the performers didn’t write or even co-write their  songs. Kind of odd for a show supposedly about 

10 hours ago, HelenaHandbasket said:

I’m was looking at the ASC wiki page and it seems like a lot of the performers didn’t write or even co-write their  songs. Kind of odd for a show supposedly about songs. 

I agree. Seems some didn't get the memo😂

from what I saw last night most of them should have given writing their own song a try because what they dId performe didn't land. 

Edited by Nutterbutter

6 hours ago, HelenaHandbasket said:

According to Wikipedia he isn't among the nine listed for the 2nd round.

That's disappointing 😣

You know what they say "save the best for last"

The first round only got 2.9 million viewers and .5 of the demo so not a great start. That's on par with AGT. Not sure this will make or break anyone's career if they can't get the ratings up. 

The interview I linked to had some interesting behind the scenes information about The Voice. One thing that came through was how positive of an experience it was for Jordan. Also he said he felt more pressure after the show since they never had a break out star like Idol. He mentioned having to take some time off after Only Love because of health issues but that he was doing better now. He also talked about his genre change to CCM but didn’t rule out continuing to do secular music too. 

1 hour ago, HelenaHandbasket said:

The interview I linked to had some interesting behind the scenes information about The Voice. One thing that came through was how positive of an experience it was for Jordan. Also he said he felt more pressure after the show since they never had a break out star like Idol. He mentioned having to take some time off after Only Love because of health issues but that he was doing better now. He also talked about his genre change to CCM but didn’t rule out continuing to do secular music too. 

I'm glad you circled back to that interview. We glossed right over it with ASC talk. I was really surprised to hear it was Adam who chose "Great is thy faithfulness" and that he's really intelligent 😂😂😂😂 just kidding.

Also happy to know his split with Republic Records was a mutual decision and that they are on good terms still. 

On 3/22/2022 at 2:03 AM, Hamza Tufail said:

Right. lol

But never loose hope. 😂

IDK. I'm pretty sure Alexa is going to be hard to beat. I wish her success. I am sure she is a very nice person and a lot of people seem to like her performance. I just don't particularly care for her song.

Edited by HelenaHandbasket
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HelenaHandbasket said:

IDK. I'm pretty sure Alexa is going to be hard to beat. I wish her success. I am sure she is a very nice person and a lot of people seem to like her performance. I just don't particularly care for her song.

I'm not a fan of her song either. I also don't dig her voice. It's not my type.

But you're right she's going to be very hard to beat. Kpop is very popular.

17 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I'm not a fan of her song either. I also don't dig her voice. It's not my type.

But you're right she's going to be very hard to beat. Kpop is very popular.

Eurovision was about the song and the performances were all live (no lip syncing). Apparently the American version isn't following that playbook.

If you read about the "idol" systems in Korea and Japan specifically (and also the "boy-band" factories in the USA) they seem pretty grim. Cookie cutter celebs that get dumped as soon as they get too old to appeal to the tween demographic or say anything not on brand. 

This is the only KPOP song that I like

https://youtu.be/xg43lcItgKk

This site lists the titles of all the songs the artists on ASC will be singing

https://eurovisionworld.com/american-song-contest/2022/kentucky-jordan-smith-sparrow

Jordan's is call "Sparrow" which is probably a reference to scripture about not concerning yourself with worldly matters.

The song he wrote for Celine, "Ashes", was also a reference to scripture, so make of that what you will 🙂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HelenaHandbasket said:

According to Wikipedia, Jordan Smith will be appearing in the second episode of American Song Content 3/28

I don't know what to trust. Yesterday's Wiki or today's Wiki😂

Also don't know if I should trust his song title as listed. A few weeks back on his instagram Storie he said the title (I can't recall) but it had three words in the title.

Guess I'll be watching Monday to find out.

Jordan covered Lauren Daigle's (sp?) song "Tremble".

The lyrics are a bit repetitive but his voice is as amazing as ever.

I am not sure but I think his older brother might be playing keyboards.

I hope he doesn't completely abandon pop music in favor of CCM but that's his call to make and I can respect whatever he decides to do.

He made an offhand comment in that interview about doing a jazz album (which he would absolutely slay based on his interpretation of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town")