♫♪~• Jordan Smith Fan Thread ~♪♫•

Hamza Tufail

Just now, Hamza Tufail said:

So, HHB posted this link at the time when ASC was on. His fan thread went hot, and I completely missed it. (And I'm pretty sure a lot others too.)

https://omny.fm/shows/between-the-grooves/changing-genres-with-jordan-smith

Jordan's interview starts at around 10 Mon mark.

Hmmm.....

He said, he's a Christian Artist now (was a pop one before).

He talked about how open his team members and fans were about this decision. Everyone accepted/respected his decision. He felt so much joy that his fans still continued to support his music despite most of them being pop fans.

He further said, that could be because maybe his fans always knew that he wants to be a ccm artist. Even when he released full pop album it was not about that other crappy stuff, like, partying with girls in bars/clubs etc... It was all about self-discovery, motivation, uplifting yourself. His fans saw this outcome coming.

---------------------------------------

I have to agree with him here. I (and his other fans) kinda had that feeling from the start. He always seemed connected the most when he did religious songs.

I personally don't think that he would never ever sing a pop song again, but we'll see....

• Like 1

And also, he talked about diff between AI and TV. He said that AI (I mean, he talked about that time when they used to produce stars, not about recent seasons), and said they used to focus on just one person to make them a superstar. TV although hasn't produced any mega star, but they prepare pretty much everyone that comes to this show enough, so they could male a living out of music. He further added that he knows A LOT of past voice contestants who are making a living out of music.

• Like 1

I know Adam Levine is controversial here, but there couldn't have been any better coach for Jordan other than him. Jordan said, Adam realized early on that what kind of artist Jordan is, and that *shocker about to come* he was the one (Not Jordan) who picked "Great Is Thy Faithfulness" for him (Jordan).

I also remember Jordan said somewhere else too that Adam helped him so much. Jordan sang STL the way he did because of Adam. He (Adam) was the one who pushed Jordan that far. Adam was the one who told Jordan to pull Aguilera (reference to Christina Aguilera) on STL. (Like "somebody tooooo aooooohhhhh loooooovvveeeee" part)

Adam is still in touch with him. They still text each other, which is so nice to know.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Jordan will go to Lancaster Bible College on March 23, 2023.

https://www.thejunctioncenter.com/jordan-smith/

jto3pKJ.png

https://lbc.vbotickets.com/event/JORDAN_SMITH_in_concert/87185

fxN9Zpi.png

Motive: 

Jordan says of his most recent record “Great You Are”, that it’s the pinnacle of everything he has ever wanted to do. It’s the fulfillment of his Plan A. “Connecting people to God just feels natural, and it feels free, and it feels easy,” he admits. “I want people to experience the Holy Spirit. I want them to be uplifted, and I want them to feel God’s love and His acceptance through my music, even if they don’t know what that is, even if they don’t understand that’s what they’re experiencing. My lifelong dream is to be able to make music for the church and to just experience heaven with people.”

• Like 1

Just now, Hamza Tufail said:

Motive: 

Jordan says of his most recent record “Great You Are”, that it’s the pinnacle of everything he has ever wanted to do. It’s the fulfillment of his Plan A. “Connecting people to God just feels natural, and it feels free, and it feels easy,” he admits. “I want people to experience the Holy Spirit. I want them to be uplifted, and I want them to feel God’s love and His acceptance through my music, even if they don’t know what that is, even if they don’t understand that’s what they’re experiencing. My lifelong dream is to be able to make music for the church and to just experience heaven with people.”

Happy for him. Wish him all the luck!

• Like 1

On 5/29/2021 at 4:41 PM, Hamza Tufail said:

On 5/29/2021 at 4:41 PM, Hamza Tufail said:

Put his new website in the op.

It says "Coming Soon."

Looking back at what I said in the 2nd page of the thread, "Let's get to know each other."

My favorite singer from TV is "Jordan Smith". He's the one that I look upto the most Post-show. Have listened to all of his 3 albums + EP(For which he recently won the GMA Dove award). Gospel/CCM etc... isn't my thing, but in my opinion his best song from his ep (Be Still & Know) is "Don't Quit".

Looks like the YouTube community also agrees with me. Other than "Great You Are," which was the lead single, "Don't Quit" is his most viewed song.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 1

I wonder why he doesn't put content on TikTok? Last video he posted was in April, 2022. Like, the voice he has, he would've went viral there.

I saw some accounts on TikTok that had put his voice performances, and they got lots of views/likes.

I think he should also post content on SM, post covers on weekly basis on YT/TikTok/Insta/FB. It would gain him lots of new followers/subscribers.

I've seen lots of people on YT who were nothing at the start, but once they started making TikTok and YT shorts, and putting their best singing parts there, they gained a lot of followers/subscribers.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 1

On 2/8/2023 at 1:59 PM, Hamza Tufail said:

Jordan will perform at Lancaster Bible College on March 23, 2023.

https://www.thejunctioncenter.com/jordan-smith/

jto3pKJ.png

Tickets:
https://lbc.vbotickets.com/event/JORDAN_SMITH_in_concert/87185

fxN9Zpi.png

If it's an original I hope it's Don't Quit.

If cover, then please be "His Eye On The Sparrow" or "Mr. Grinch."

I'd love to see him hit that ultra high note at the end of Mr. Grinch (like he did on his TikTok video).

HEIOTS would be amazing as well. He did it in super bowl of gospel, 2016. It was out of this world slayage. The crowd was on it's feet.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 1

This was literally on his insta for weeks, but I never noticed it until now, I'm so dumb.

Ok, so he started a thing named as "Tunesday." He started posting 15 sec covers.

https://www.instagram.com/s/aGlnaGxpZ2h0OjE3ODQzMzM3ODQ4NTI2NTc1?story_media_id=2520817089577766384_6705682&igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Btw, I started using insta just after s22 started. So maybe that's the reason I missed them.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Thanks 1